Please Visit Our Sponsors

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK just did the paperwork to buy the 2016 25Y.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK just did the paperwork to buy the 2016 25Y.

I just bought the 25Y, PDI on Wednesday. Paid 24.5K. We went by our credit union on the way down to the dealer and they quickly prequalified us for a loan and gave me the paperwork to give the dealer. It was rather funny, the dealer handed us the credit application and I pulled out the prequalification paperwork. The dealer looked like his dog had just been run over...heh.

This 25Y seems to be just about maxed out on options, no second a/c and I couldn't tell if it has a 13.5K or 15K a/c but it seems to have a lot of other options like the bedroom TV. Only one rather small looking battery tho, I want at least dual golf cart 6V batteries since I plan to install solar. I might want to go to four batteries since we want to go boondocking. I just had a quick look at the roof but it seems crowded with 2 fans, the a/c and the sat systems. So I'll have to figure out what panels will fit up there.

I'm psyched up about getting this unit tho...heh
    James and Cindy Krämer
    North Florida
    Arctic Fox 25Y
    2012 Ford F350 6.7L

You will love it I am sure, especially that big back window. Here is some reading on a solar install that James did on his 25Y.
    2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 68,000 miles. Added Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera, ScanGauge II.
    2018 Nash 26N. 540W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners,
    2015 Nash 17K Previous

Let's Go Geocaching!

Comment

Originally posted by Agesilaus View Post
      This 25Y seems to be just about maxed out on options, no second a/c and I couldn't tell if it has a 13.5K or 15K a/c but it seems to have a lot of other options like the bedroom TV. Only one rather small looking battery tho, I want at least dual golf cart 6V batteries since I plan to install solar. I might want to go to four batteries since we want to go boondocking. I just had a quick look at the roof but it seems crowded with 2 fans, the a/c and the sat systems. So I'll have to figure out what panels will fit up there.
      My solar project was inspired by James and other NROA members. There is easily enough room for 1200W or more on a 25Y roof. There's a link in my sig to my 600W install, which is all on the forward half of the roof. I can easily add a couple of 180W panels on the luggage rack for 960W total, if I need it.

I'm gathering parts to upgrade my 25Y this month with 400+ Ah of AGMs and a 3000W inverter/charger. I'll post an install thread when that's done, but there are many ways to turn the 25Y into a boondocking beast.
      2017 Arctic Fox 25Y
      Chassis: Firestone Transforce HT LT225/75-16, Blue Ox SwayPro 1500, EezTire TPMS, BAL 28217 recessed tire carrier, 26+K miles
      Electrical: EMS-HW30C surge protector, 600W solar, Victron BMV-712, Victron MPPT 100/50, Victron MultiPlus 3000, Fullriver 415 Ah AGM

2013 Silverado 2500HD LML Duramax, manual 4x4, crew cab, std box, 112K miles

Comment

I just read thru James' solar install thread, it's really helpful but I'd worry about hanging the battery box underneath the trailer. Seems like it would be a potential problem on some backroads. Of course I don't intend to take the TT off gravel roads or over rock strewn tracks. I'd have to get a welder to do the work for me since my welding skills are pathetic...heh.

I just got a quick look at the roof on my 2016 and the rear end looks a lot different, all the fittings: fantastic rain cover, a/c, sat antenna and another fantastic system were all on the centerline. I probably won't get a good look until Wednesday when we do the PDI.

Right now I want to go with two 160 W panels off Amazon, probably the same ones you are looking at. I have one of those folding 100 W panels that I'd like to add if it is compatible. I need to check the output voltages I suppose.
        James and Cindy Krämer
        North Florida
        Arctic Fox 25Y
        2012 Ford F350 6.7L

Comment

You will love the 25Y, we certainly do. Congrats!!
          Jim and Esther

2005 Chevy Silverado LS 2500 HD, Duramax/Allison, extended cab, 8-foot bed, 3.73 posi-traction, AirLift air springs, EezTire T515/SP TPMS, fog lamps, alloy rims, Kenwood stereo

2016 Arctic Fox 25Y, slide out topper, 15k air conditioner, powered scissor jacks, thermal pane windows, swivel rocker/recliners, 100w solar panel, 6v batteries, Blue Ox SwayPro 1500, Progressive Industries EMS-HW30, Krieger 2000 watt inverter

Comment

Working...
          X