Flooring

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flooring

With the AF 29-5T the living area is partially carpeted. We prefer the laminate flooring. Does the laminate go all the way under the carpet to the wall or is it just inside the carpet edge? On some SOB models the laminate goes well under the carpet. However often carpet is put down with staples loaded in shotgun shells and fired at the floor. Years ago I removed worn out carpet in a Wilderness TT and I think the carpet installer was paid by the staple.
    2007 Itasca Horizon, 2012 Wrangler "toad", 2015 GD Solitude, 2017 Ram 3500

Double check that you have laminate and not vinyl. The best place will be a heat vent by removing it and looking at the material.

If itís vinyl the factory, it is installed on the subfloor first before even walls or anything else installed so should be all the way to the edges and under the carpet. Many who remove it will leave the carpet on the slide floor so the gap there is still covered.
    Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Yes I was referring to the sheet vinyl. In the old days we called it linoleum. I talked to the dealer in OH and they also said you could order with carpet delete. Carpet still inside the slides though. Not sure I would want a complete delete because a bedroom floor can get cold. I also fear that the existing carpet is stapled to the floor which would damage any vinyl underneath.
      2007 Itasca Horizon, 2012 Wrangler "toad", 2015 GD Solitude, 2017 Ram 3500

Comment

I know the carpet on our steps are stapled but not sure elsewhere. That being said, somehow it would have to be fastened near the edge where the carpet and vinyl meet. A call to Nw might be a good way of checking if someone how has removed theirs doesnít see this post.
        Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

I removed the carpet from my admittedly old 29.5T and there were LOTS of staples. Hundreds at least and a similar number of screws holding down the metal border.
          2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Powerstroke
          2006 Arctic Fox 29-5T

Comment

Working...
          X