A/C advantage?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A/C advantage?

Whats the advantages or disavantages of 15K or 15k low pro A/C unit ?

Thanks damdannyboy
    Dan & Deb
    Looking to order a AF 25 5L
    (2003 MH now)
    2016 F250 4X4 SC/SB 6.2L 4.30 axel 3100 P/L (TV)
    Retired from Pawtucket RI and Long way from any
    AF Dealers

Low profile for the front/bedroom AC on a fifth wheel due to height issues. On a TT donít think it would matter.
    Jim & Grace
    2011 2500HD 6.6L Duramax
    2016 AF 27-5L, Hensley BD-3 Hitch, 4 Point Leveling, Titan Disc Brakes
    2008 Miniature Golden Doodle

We forget all too soon the things we thought we would never forget....

Comment

Low profile ACs tend to be noisier.

2017 Ford F-350 XLT SC LB 6.7L Diesel 4x2 SRW
      2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L w/slide-out toppers, 15K AC, bedroom fan vent w/remote/tstat/rain sensor, powered sliding stab jacks, 50 amp service, 2" receiver hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, LevelMatePRO, Ford trailer camera & trailer TPMS

Comment

I had a low profile installed on my 35Z and yes its noisy , but i worked 3rd shift for 21 years have to have white noise anyway. A must 2nd AC here on east coast. Best 1400$ dollars yet.

Comment

Originally posted by damdannyboy View Post
          Whats the advantages or disavantages of 15K or 15k low pro A/C unit ?

Thanks damdannyboy
          Advantage 15K has a little more cooling capacity over 13.5K standard unit
          Disadvantage, 15K takes more power to run so if you want to run off a small generator like a Honda 2000 it will draw to much current to run.

15K low for the second AC in the bedroom if you go for that option to keep overall unit height down. 27-5L is already tall at 13' 4-5".
          2016 Ram 3500 Longhorn: 4X4, Crew Cab, LB, DRW, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, 3.73, Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, Reese 20k Elite Hitch, Amp Bedstep 2, Aero 70 Gal Underbed Fuel Tank
          2016 AF 27-5L: 10 Cu Ft Fridge, Thomas Payne Sofa w/air Mattress,15K AC, 2" Receiver, Progressive Industries EMS-HW30C Surge Protector

Comment

Like Jim stated, height issues on the 5th wheel trailers.

On our 29-5T, we have the low-profile bedroom A/C unit, and we are at a height of 13'-6".

A 15k A/C unit for the bedroom, would put us over the max. (in many states) interstate height of the 13'-6" limit.

The low-profile bedroom A/C has an increased decibel level (small bedroom space, lower ceiling, non-ducting), over the living room unit, but after a few minutes, you can hang meat in the bedroom, with running that low-profile unit.

The bedroom A/C running has never bothered us, compared to trying to fall asleep in the heat, without A/C .
            Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
              Like Jim stated, height issues on the 5th wheel trailers.

On our 29-5T, we have the low-profile bedroom A/C unit, and we are at a height of 13'-6".

A 15k A/C unit for the bedroom, would put us over the max. (in many states) interstate height of the 13'-6" limit.
              Our 29-5T has the regular non low profile A/C in the bedroom and we are at 13'-7". If I had to replace it I would go low profile.
              Tony
              2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab LB DRW 6.7 Cummins/Aisin 4.10,
              Curt Q24, 2015 Kawasaki Teryx 4 LE,
              2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox,
              Four Cats and yes they travel with us.

Comment

Working...
              X