New 25Y

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 25Y

Last week we picked up our new 25Y and camped in it for three days. I was anticipating taking it back to the dealer after my experience with the 29L and seeing other people's experiences with new trailers here.

I am happy to report that it was perfect. Everything worked and I could find no examples of shoddy workmanship. The only problem was a cracked shelf in the refrigerator door. It was hard to see and I only noticed it when I took it out to move it to another position. I will call Norcold to find out what to do.

The dealer I bought from was great. Anyone in the market should look at Sierra RV in Colfax, CA. Good prices and great service before and after the sale.

I thought some good news might be welcome.
    2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
    2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
    2018 Arctic Fox 29L; Traded in
    *2001 Arctic Fox 29V; Sold
    South Lake Tahoe, CA

Good news, indeed. Thanks Grizz.

MG
    2017 F250 SD 4x4 6.7L
    Looking for an AF 25Y

Comment

Grizzer, I mostly agree. The 25Y is awesome. We picked ours up from Sierra Rv in March. They are an awesome dealership!! We had issues with the fireplace, but they took care of it with no issues.
      I have had several nagging issues with the catches on the drawers. Either they don't close all the way or won't stay closed. I have adjusted several of them. Too small of an issue to drive to Colfax from Reno to have them do it.
      Also, the accordion door would come off the track when trying to close it. I put a push pin as a stopper so it can't go that far.
      Keeping my eye on one issue to see if it repeats. The fresh water tank filled when we hooked up to shore water. It didn't the first day hooked up, then I accidentally pressed the water pump on button, briefly. It filled up after that. So I suspect the back flow valve got stuck as a result.
      Oh, and the front piece of glass on the microwave fell off. Held on by doube sided tape. I simply added more tape and a couple dabs of glue.
      Cheers
      Last edited by Ltripreno; 05-18-2018, 05:29 AM. Reason: Added about the glass
      Larie
      Reno/Tahoe region
      2018 Arctic Fox 25Y, 2018 Ford F250 Lariat 4X4 Diesel Crew cab Standard box
      2014 BMW R1200 GS Adventure

Comment

Enjoy your 25Y. Awesome floor plan. Ours was a year old and only had a light fixture replaced. I canít think of anything that I would have called shoddy workmanship. Maybe a poor design here or there but upgradable. We enjoy ours.
        Steve & Brenda and Our Cocker Spaniel Bella
        2017 RAM Diesel Laramie 4x4
        2017 Arctic Fox 25Y, Hensley Arrow

Comment

Working...
        X