Please Visit Our Sponsors

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to remove the drawer to fix alignment?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to remove the drawer to fix alignment?

This goes along with NW's attention to detail, or lack there of. I am finally loading up our new 27-5L and noticed that the left side of my deep drawers were jiggly with weight in them. I had recently read somewhere on here that there was an alignment problem. Getting my flashlight out I can see in the back where this seems to be the problem for my unit too but, I don't know how to remove the drawer. Once I get the drawer out I think I just have to move the back piece over some so the slide on the drawer itself can go into it properly. Can someone tell me how to remove it without breaking it, please? Thanks!
    (This will also let me vacuum in there too!)
    Preston & Teresa
    Traveling dogs: Jerrica and Riley; Stay at home watch cats: Grayboy, Blackie and Magic
    2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L with Slide Out Toppers; Alumaguard Main Awning, 15K Low Pro Air Conditioner; Holding Tank Heat Pads; Fan Vent w/Remote/Tstat/Rain Sensor - Bedroom; 50 Amp Service; 4 Point Leveling System; Cross-stitch sofa; 2 " Receiver.

2015 Silverado 3500 DRW Diesel

If you slide the drawer out to the stop, you can then find a tab on each side of the two slides. They are small plastic tabs sticking out in the track pointing forward. One needs to be pushed up and the other down to release the drawer from the slide portion that stays in the drawer hole. When putting it back in just line the drawer up and it will lock in place once it is fully closed.
    Peter and Fran
    2016 AF 27-5L
    , 50AMP, 4pt leveling, Thermal pane windows, 10 Cu Ft Refrigerator, 15K AC + bedroom AC, Onan 5.5 generator, Progressive Dynamics EMSHW50C, Slide Toppers, TST 507 flow through with repeater, Cadet digital AC heater, Dirt Devil CV1500 Central Vacuum, water filter system, 480 watt solar charger, 440 AH AGM battery bank, Magnum MS2012 2000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter/charger, TorkLift steps

2017 F-450 Super Duty, B&W Companion

Comment

Found them and got the drawer out. Thanks! This is what I found. Now I have to fix it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Drawer.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.45 MB
ID:	275134
      Preston & Teresa
      Traveling dogs: Jerrica and Riley; Stay at home watch cats: Grayboy, Blackie and Magic
      2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L with Slide Out Toppers; Alumaguard Main Awning, 15K Low Pro Air Conditioner; Holding Tank Heat Pads; Fan Vent w/Remote/Tstat/Rain Sensor - Bedroom; 50 Amp Service; 4 Point Leveling System; Cross-stitch sofa; 2 " Receiver.

Comment

I canít quite see in your photo but check that each end has two screws in it. If it doesnít they will continue to move a bit over time while traveling.
        Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

They only have one screw. Thanks, I'll put two in.
          Preston & Teresa

Comment

Before putting in another screw make sure the guides are square to the opening and equal distant apart, front to back.
            2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD Dually 6 liter Gas, DC, LB, 4.10's, 2016 AF 990

Comment

Originally posted by GeoBoy View Post
              Before putting in another screw make sure the guides are square to the opening and equal distant apart, front to back.
              And level front to back also.
              Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Wow!!! I am shaking my head at this lack of attention to detail.
                2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

Originally posted by GeoBoy View Post
                  2x
                  Bill, Mary, and Scottie
                  2015 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, SRW, B&W Companion OEM Hitch
                  2017 AF 27-5L
                  2009 Polaris RZR (the 2nd most fun thing you can do without actually laughing)
                  http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/719790.png

Comment

Thanks for the tips...I'll give it my best shot to square, measure and level things up! Why does everything have to be so hard! Camping was suppose to be fun!
                    Preston & Teresa

Comment

Well, Teresa, it is fun. Just think of all the fun new things you are learning to do and feel good about being able to handle. :-)
                      Neil and Marilyn and Beamer (feline)
                      2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Tires: 275/75R18 125/122 3640 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.

2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, TST 507 TPMS w/Color, Sailun Tires G rated, 2 Smart Tool 2000's, Titan Disk Brakes.

Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most :-)

Comment

Well, guess what? It wasn't broken after all...I don't think! I feel a little foolish. When I went to fix it (it took me several days to get up my nerve to try and tackle it) I decided to put the rail back into the bracket in the back to see how far off it was again and, to my surprise, it went all the way in just fine! I don't know why they weren't all the way in in the first place, which makes me wonder if they will pop out again or were they like that from the factory? In any event, I will have my eye on them and am praying all will be well.

Thanks for everyone's help!
                        Preston & Teresa

Comment

They pop out of the brackets because they are not equal distant, front to back.
                          2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD Dually 6 liter Gas, DC, LB, 4.10's, 2016 AF 990

Comment

Teresa,
                            GeoBoy is correct. Make sure the distance between the tracks is the same in the front as the back. I use these brackets all the time and the slides snap in pretty snug. It may be that they just didn't snap in correctly the first time. It can happen. Snap it in tight and then measure. You might just luck out.

Comment

A little added plywood really helps keep them in place. This one is of my kitchen drawer slides. I usually run parallel to the slide using a screw in the slide that lets it conform to center without bowing the slide. It is a tang that sticks out from the slide back that runs from front to back.
                              Attached Files
                              Peter and Fran
                              2016 AF 27-5L
                              , 50AMP, 4pt leveling, Thermal pane windows, 10 Cu Ft Refrigerator, 15K AC + bedroom AC, Onan 5.5 generator, Progressive Dynamics EMSHW50C, Slide Toppers, TST 507 flow through with repeater, Cadet digital AC heater, Dirt Devil CV1500 Central Vacuum, water filter system, 480 watt solar charger, 440 AH AGM battery bank, Magnum MS2012 2000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter/charger, TorkLift steps

2017 F-450 Super Duty, B&W Companion

Comment

Working...
                              X