No announcement yet.

Full entry steps on Arctic Fox 5ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I know some folks who have the MorRyde steps like them, but I for one am soooooo very glad I was at the rally and scored a GREAT deal on the Torklift steps. If you end up in a tight fitting camping spot, or at a rest stop, or any unconventional spot, the MorRyde steps can be an issue. Whereas, my torklift steps can be ajusted to only deploy slightly, but still allow me to get inside. I definately think this is a move by Northwood to save money. Much easier not to have to build a cut out space for steps vs having skirting all around the unit and then install the one piece stairs. Disappointing for sure.
    2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

patrick1230 , I saw on another Forum yesterday that Torklift has an option for replacing the solid steps used on many trailers and fifth wheels these days.

You won’t be sorry with Torklifts. I had an issue once when ours was stored that the boat next to it was so close I couldn’t get the door open all the way. With Torklifts I could still deploy them and safely get inside. It was a time I was out to take some things and not in the truck to pull it forward which is what I would have had to do with solid steps.
      Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2013 GMC Yukon Denali, 6.2 liter, no mods

Looking for TT
      2016 AF 27-5L
      (SOLD 11/2019)

Comment

Originally posted by Rolland View Post
        patrick1230 , I saw on another Forum yesterday that Torklift has an option for replacing the solid steps used on many trailers and fifth wheels these days.

You won’t be sorry with Torklifts. I had an issue once when ours was stored that the boat next to it was so close I couldn’t get the door open all the way. With Torklifts I could still deploy them and safely get inside. It was a time I was out to take some things and not in the truck to pull it forward which is what I would have had to do with solid steps.
        I saw them in Trailer Life Magazine (May 2020). Torklift calls them the Glow Step 'Revolution - Uprising' and the article showed how to install and use.

The Revolution - Uprising steps are specifically designed to be a replacement / upgrade for the full doorway frame non-collapsible steps being installed on new trailers.

The Revolution - Uprising steps are mounted in the door frame, but are adjustable and don't have to be fully deployed to be used.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoxzr_xl6_Q
        Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

I have the "big" steps on my 2019. I had no choice as they are now standard. I love them and hate them.

Love the solid feel and the step between step distance. They have hydraulic lift so that raising and lowering the heavy thing is not a chore. They accommodate the height of the trailer base quite well with the legs adjusted as required.

I hate the length. To open in storage, I had to make a deal with my neighbors on both sides so that when they parked I would have enough room to open. When in a rest area overnight and parked with the big trucks, the open steps are on the pax side white line and the slides open to the driver's white line; the same when in a truck stop. I either don't open up or place reflecting cones to mark my boundary locations lest some big truck unknowingly swings wide. I also have to check the door closing to be sure the door bottom clears the steps and adjust the step length if it doesn't.

If I had my druthers, I would go with the folding aluminum steps.
          2019 AF 27-5L, Onan, 4p auto level, Tire Tracker, bike rack, rear mount camera
          2020 Ram Long Horn LB diesel dually,60 gal aux, Curt 20K hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Deciduous 1 View Post
            I have the "big" steps on my 2019. I had no choice as they are now standard. I love them and hate them.

Love the solid feel and the step between step distance. They have hydraulic lift so that raising and lowering the heavy thing is not a chore. They accommodate the height of the trailer base quite well with the legs adjusted as required.

I hate the length. To open in storage, I had to make a deal with my neighbors on both sides so that when they parked I would have enough room to open. When in a rest area overnight and parked with the big trucks, the open steps are on the pax side white line and the slides open to the driver's white line; the same when in a truck stop. I either don't open up or place reflecting cones to mark my boundary locations lest some big truck unknowingly swings wide. I also have to check the door closing to be sure the door bottom clears the steps and adjust the step length if it doesn't.

If I had my druthers, I would go with the folding aluminum steps.
            I think that's exactly why Torklift (and others most likely to follow) have designed a step system, that doesn't have to be deployed fully, in every situation.
            Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post

I think that's exactly why Torklift (and others most likely to follow) have designed a step system, that doesn't have to be deployed fully, in every situation.
              This actually I believe is the best feature of the Torklift steps, having had to do this many times while in storage. They are solid whether fully deployed or partially. Along with that they have some some nice accessories to go with their steps.
              Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2013 GMC Yukon Denali, 6.2 liter, no mods

Looking for TT
              2016 AF 27-5L
              (SOLD 11/2019)

Comment

I too with the 2020 27-5L have the new steps that extend farther than a 1962 Cadillac. When pulling in you account for the slides, water, electrical, & dump on one side and have to keep in mind will the stairs fold down on the other side. I will admit I like them, although I am a rookie with these stairs. I'm curious to know if you can use them when pulled along side of a curb/sidewalk ??? I'm sure the stairs will fold down but will the door close?

Still learning, and being taught a lesson when I think I know it all.
                Last edited by ~BUCK~; 09-14-2020, 02:34 AM.
                2020 27-5L. 2019 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 4x4 6.6 Durmax/Allison

Comment

Working...
                X