Please Visit Our Sponsors

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nash OTG Rear-Ended on i10 in Tucson AZ (not me)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nash OTG Rear-Ended on i10 in Tucson AZ (not me)

Driving down I-10, I saw a Nash OTG that got rear-ended. If ya'll are members here, hope you are okay.

I will say, I was shocked as I drove by. The truck that hit the trailer looked to be totaled, radiator pushed in and a lot of front end damage. At a glance, the Nash looked like the ladder took some damage, as well as the spare tire. Frankly I was shocked that the back of the trailer wasn't caved in with how much damage the truck had. After seeing pictures of other trailers on forums in similar situations, I expected to see much worse damage.

Again, if ya'll are on the forum, hope you are alright. When I passed by, I could see the owners of the trailer walking around it, with Police & Fire on scene.
    '19 Nash 26N (http://milesfromdone.com/category/rv/ - mods & projects)

'14 Ram 3500 Mega Cab 6.7 Cummins - Level, Airbags, few other things here-and-there.

Sometime during the very beginnings of this forum I remember a story about a Northwood product that rolled in a freeway accent in California. It was put upright and taken to an RV service center and they said they had never seen a trailer in an accident like that that came out in one piece. It was repaired. Also, for years Northwood had a picture of an early Nash--probably about a 29 footer, that had been rolled over in a big windstorm in eastern Oregon. The wood frame held up.
    Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
    2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
    2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
    2018 Prius IV, new December 2018

Comment

27-5L Member Roll-Over

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7277.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	313401
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Dave, is that 27-5 accident the one in Idaho? It was caused by wind blowing him off the shoulder if I remember correctly. He passed away of cancer a few years later---lived in the Portland area. Same one? Of course there was Housted's wreck on the way to a rally one year....their trailer didn't fare so well. Another previous Colorado member took the top off of their 5er on a low over pass.
        Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
        2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
        2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
        2018 Prius IV, new December 2018

Comment

Originally posted by foxyrvlady View Post
          Dave, is that 27-5 accident the one in Idaho? It was caused by wind blowing him off the shoulder if I remember correctly. He passed away of cancer a few years later---lived in the Portland area. Same one? Of course there was Housted's wreck on the way to a rally one year....their trailer didn't fare so well. Another previous Colorado member took the top off of their 5er on a low over pass.
          The one I posted was a post from TimB... occurred in Nebraska during an unexpected wind gust.
          Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
            27-5L Member Roll-Over

Click image for larger version

Name:	image_7277.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	313401
            Nice clean underside on that trailer, and you can see how that rear grey tank might drain slowly.
            1998 USAF retiree
            2020/21 Arctic Fox 32-5M
            2020 Chevrolet 3500HD - Diesel, 4x4, DRW, Transfer Flow 50 gal. aux tank, B&W Companion

Comment

Working...
            X