Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bed mat with fifth wheel

Hi All,
    We went a little crazy and got a great deal on a new tuck for our upcoming 5th wheel 27-5L. When I had a truck camper I kept the bed mat in the truck all the time with no need to trim it. But...for a fifth wheel...what do you do for the pucks or other outline areas in the bed? Do you get a mat (Tractor Supply or elsewhere) and cut out for the fifth wheel? Us there something already out there?
    Thanks all,
    Lee-Ann

I had a mat in my bed, once I installed the 5th wheel hitch rails I cut the existing mat into three sections, in front of forward rail, between rails, in back of rear rail. I imagine you could use an appropriate size hole saw to make a very clean circle cut in your mat
    Jerry, Kathie, &
    Bo, one giant Lab
    2019 AF27-5
    2017 Nash 24M (Sold)
    2016 F250, 4X4, 6.7L
    Added 2 leaf springs each side
    50 gal Titan Fuel Tank
    Pressure Pro TPMS
    blog: 7rwanderers.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry and Kathie View Post
      I had a mat in my bed, once I installed the 5th wheel hitch rails I cut the existing mat into three sections, in front of forward rail, between rails, in back of rear rail. I imagine you could use an appropriate size hole saw to make a very clean circle cut in your mat
      Thank you. Just trying to figure out if i coukd align the holes or other cuts properly.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZiAHcFllyM
        Seems like I seen one of his videos where he had the hitch out and the cutout back on the hole but I don't recall witch video.

Tape carboard together as a template and put holes in it.
        Mess the holes up and its just another piece of cardboard.
        2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel with pull rite superglide
        2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,power watchdog, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System
        2007 Titanium 34E39RE

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry and Kathie View Post
          I had this as well on a prior truck. Current rig has a spray in.
          2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
          • 4 pt Auto Level / 15k Single AC / 50 Amp (no Gen)
          • 3xFantastic Fans / 3xFantastic Covers
          • Sofa with Air Bed / Dinette / Slow Rise Shades
          • Factory 2" Receiver hitch
          • MODS
            • 395W Solar / Rear Camera / TPS / Flagpole Buddy / BMV-712 / Fridge Defend
          2015 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ
          • Duramax / B&W Turnover w/Companion / 40 Gal transfer tank.

Comment

What Art said.

I had Linex applied when I first bought my truck in 2007 as well as a Dee Zee bed mat for my first TC, a 990.

When we bought our 5th wheel I used a box cutter to easily cut two slots and a hole for the B&W Companion gooseneck/5th wheel hitch.

Our 2017 1150 rides on the same bed mat without shifting.

Remember to measure twice to cut once.
            2017 Arctic Fox 1150 Wet Bath with Fox Landing, 2.5 Onan genset, 11K AC, Torklift tiedowns, Fastguns, 510 Watts Solar, Victron MPPT, LiFeBlue 300Ah battery, Xantrex 2000W inverter
            Previous 2007 AF 990.
            Previous other brand 5vr.

2007 Dodge Quad Cab 3500, DRW, 4X4, 5.9 CTD, SunCoast 48RE, 4.10 rear, BD exhaust brake, Amsoil oil bypass, Firestone airbags with 1 gallon compressor, Rancho shocks, Stableloads, SuperHitch.

Comment

I just have 4 puck holes in the floor of the bed and the bed mat. They both line up with the hitch. The truck came with covers that plug into the hole. When my hitch is out you only see 4 hole covers over the bed mat. Not that it makes any difference but I have a bed carpet.
              2016 Arctic Fox 32-5M, 1,150 watt Solar Panels (5 @ 170, 2 @ 150), 2 Life Blue 200 Amp hr lithium batteries, Victron Blue Solar MPPT 150/85 Controller, MS2812 Magnum Pure Sine Inverter/Charger, 5.5 Onan LP Gen, 6pt leveling system, 2nd 13.5k A/C, Slide Toppers, Fireplace, King Bed, Central Vac. Hardwired Surge Guard Model 34560, rear view camera, clear entry door window,

2016 Ford F-450 Lariat. B&W Companion Hitch. Remax Bed Roll Cover, Bed Carpet.

Winter in Florida, traveling other seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Art View Post
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZiAHcFllyM
                Seems like I seen one of his videos where he had the hitch out and the cutout back on the hole but I don't recall witch video.

Tape carboard together as a template and put holes in it.
                Mess the holes up and its just another piece of cardboard.
                good point on the cardboard. The bed rug is new to me. I have only had rubber bed mats. Might consider this. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                X