What are these straps for?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are these straps for?

Attached to our dining table are 2 straps. What is their purpose, stabilize the table?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20210112_120659.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	1.22 MB
ID:	307031
    We didn't ask the dealer when we picked her up (didn't notice it during the PDI). I'm seriously thinking about rotating the table 90 degrees and putting it under the window in the slide.

Thanks
    2013 Ram 3500 Dually, Aisen, 3.73 gears.

2020 32-5M. 400 watts solar, 400 AH LiFePo4, Smart Shunt, MultuPlus 3000.

Yes, to stabilize the table... and get in the way of your chair legs! On a side note look up MorRyde "chair buddy" they work great to keep the chairs from moving about.
    Randy & Connie
    Walnut Creek, CA
    2016 6.7L Ford F-350 SRW, EEZ TPMS
    2016 27-5L, 5.5kW Gen, 600W Solar, 500Ah AGM, Hybrid 3kW Inverter, plus a couple other Mods.

Comment

We also use Velcro straps to tie the dining room chairs legs together while traveling.

Prevents the chairs from tipping over on rough roads - also prevents a chair hitting the oven door & glass breakage.
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Turning the table 90 degrees works out great. I keep mine that way even during transit. When parked I usually have a computer monitor on the table. I didn't want that table base taking up so much floor space. So, when I ordered mine a year ago, I asked about having the dinette from the 35-5Z swapped for the regular table and chairs. My dealer called NW and the engineers said that there wouldn't be a problem installing that table on the slide wall of the 32-5M. No change in price. The folding chairs stay in the basement. Don't have a picture of it turned 90, but here's what that table looked like the first time I stepped foot into the trailer. It came with those straps too.
        Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_4335.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.6 KB ID:	307046
        1998 USAF retiree
        2020/21 Arctic Fox 32-5M
        2020 Chevrolet 3500HD - Diesel, 4x4, DRW, Transfer Flow 50 gal. aux tank, B&W Companion

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
          We also use Velcro straps to tie the dining room chairs legs together while traveling.

Prevents the chairs from tipping over on rough roads - also prevents a chair hitting the oven door & glass breakage.
          If you have a moment, could you take a pic of your velcro set up?
          2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Copper865 View Post

If you have a moment, could you take a pic of your velcro set up?
            Click image for larger version  Name:	table velcro 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	307051 Click image for larger version  Name:	table velcro 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.7 KB ID:	307052

Also visible are the removable wood hobby-board squares under the legs to protect the carpet during travel.

Donna thought of these ....
            Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	table velcro 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	307051 Click image for larger version Name:	table velcro 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.7 KB ID:	307052

Also visible are the removable wood hobby-board squares under the legs to protect the carpet during travel.

Donna thought of these ....
              That is brilliant!!! I lay ours down on their side (we just use two of the chairs) and then stick a door stop under the seat to keep them in place. I like this MUCH better. Please let Donna know I will be borrowing her idea.
              2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

MikeZ, you have a different table then ours. We have the traditional table and 4 of the same chairs. (I think both of ours were made in the same run around June of 2020.) I like your set up. I'll have to unscrew it from the floor, rotate, and remount it to the floor. Did I say I like your set up?
                2013 Ram 3500 Dually, Aisen, 3.73 gears.

2020 32-5M. 400 watts solar, 400 AH LiFePo4, Smart Shunt, MultuPlus 3000.

Comment

Click image for larger version Name:	table velcro 2.jpg Views:	0 Size:	139.5 KB ID:	307051 Click image for larger version Name:	table velcro 1.jpg Views:	0 Size:	162.7 KB ID:	307052
                  We do something similar, Dave, but the location of our Velcro cable ties are up near the top of the chairs so I don't have to get on the floor to install/uninstall them. Works great.

Back to morning brew . . .

2019 27-5L
                  Companion Hitch
                  2015 RAM 3500 LB Crew Cab SRW Aisian

Retired
                  '03 24-5N (w/~80k miles)
                  '03 RAM 2500 LB Crew Cab 6sp manual

Comment

Originally posted by gschlegel View Post
                    MikeZ, you have a different table then ours. We have the traditional table and 4 of the same chairs. (I think both of ours were made in the same run around June of 2020.) I like your set up. I'll have to unscrew it from the floor, rotate, and remount it to the floor. Did I say I like your set up?
                    Im going to rotate my table also. I was just hoping a pic of the table in its new position would develop before next month . Seems like a no brainer. I will just put 2 of the chairs in storage

2017 Chevy Duramax 3500 LTZ DRW + 50 gal Transfer flow Aux Tank + Trailer Saver BD-5
                    2020 Arctic Fox 32-5m with all bells and whistles.

Comment

This is interesting. I will try lashing my chairs down as well. I haven’t tied or lashed my chairs down. I’ve driven over 10,000 miles on some very rough roads. The chairs haven’t moved. This is also after upgrading to the slipper springs and better shocks.
                      Terry Haynes
                      USAF 20 yr Retiree. 2018 29-5T 2 a/c, Disc Brakes, Slipper Springs, SoftStart, RV Airflow, AC/Gas frig, Pantry, basement slide, slide toppers, Drain Master sewer hose, LevelMatePRO, 4 Camera Haloview System, Honeywell thermostats on both A/Cs, TST with truck and RV spare tire monitors,
                      2019 RAM 3500 CTD SRW LB Laramie Longhorn, Companion B&W hitch, Revolver X4 truck bed cover

Comment

I have table straps also. I crisscrossed them for more leg room.
                        Click image for larger version  Name:	amazon-photos-shared-media5168415263898439302.jpg Views:	0 Size:	448.1 KB ID:	307095
                        2020 27-5L Low Pro 15k air, 4 Point Leveling, Slide Toppers, Yamaha 2400 gen, Progressive surge protector, Minder TPMS.

2019 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD 4x4 6.6 Durmax/Allison, Anderson Ultimate hitch

Comment

Originally posted by gschlegel View Post
                          I think that turning the table 90 degrees would work out great for a couple. I was out at the storage lot today to drop off a few things at the trailer and decided to run the slide out for a couple pics. It's an apples to oranges example of what turning the table 90 degrees would look like. The table from the 35-5Z is 39" x 26". You'll get an idea of the look if you imagine the table being a little bit wider on each side and having the leg. I'm solo and usually have one chair on the side. It works out well for a monitor.

Name:	IMG_4809.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	307103 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4812.jpg
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	307104
                          1998 USAF retiree
                          2020/21 Arctic Fox 32-5M
                          2020 Chevrolet 3500HD - Diesel, 4x4, DRW, Transfer Flow 50 gal. aux tank, B&W Companion

Comment

Originally posted by MikeZ View Post

I think that turning the table 90 degrees would work out great for a couple. I was out at the storage lot today to drop off a few things at the trailer and decided to run the slide out for a couple pics. It's an apples to oranges example of what turning the table 90 degrees would look like. The table from the 35-5Z is 39" x 26". You'll get an idea of the look if you imagine the table being a little bit wider on each side and having the leg. I'm solo and usually have one chair on the side. It works out well for a monitor.

Name:	IMG_4809.jpg
Size:	181.0 KB
ID:	307103 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4812.jpg
Size:	173.6 KB
ID:	307104
                            This is a great help for a visual. I will go ahead and rotate my table
                            2017 Chevy Duramax 3500 LTZ DRW + 50 gal Transfer flow Aux Tank + Trailer Saver BD-5
                            2020 Arctic Fox 32-5m with all bells and whistles.

Comment

Working...
                            X