Predator 2000 Watt Inverter Generator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predator 2000 Watt Inverter Generator

I am looking for a Inverter Generator and saw the Harbor Freight Predator 2000 Watt Generator. I would use it as a secondary power source when out in the desert alone. Does any body have experience using it. My AF29-5T has solar panels for normal battery charging but was hoping this generator might help with the microwave and such. Any advice?
    Gary
    GaryQ
    2007 29-5T, 125 Solar Panels, Inverter, 5th Airborne Sidewinder Combo, Brake Smart Controller, Michelin 16" XPS RIB tires
    2001 Dodge CTD 2500, LB, Dana 80 4.10, AirBags, Smarty, DTT Trans w/Smart Controller, Mag-Hyrtec Trans & Differential Covers, 4 inch Exhaust, PacBrake, 60 Gal Tank

I have had terrible luck with any HF electrical gear, or anything more complex than a solid one piece tool like a combination wrench or a hammer. I would look at a Champion 1000W inverter generator if ALL you plan to do with it is charge your battery. Champion gns are pretty good, they have a good warranty that they actually stand behind and they have reasonable prices.
    https://www.amazon.com/Champion-Powe...s%2C347&sr=8-1
    Other folks will chime in saying HF stuff is OK. They must have had better experiences with that company.
    James and Cindy Kramer
    Arctic Fox 25Y 2016-2012 Ford F350 4WD
    Fulltime starting summer 2020

Comment

I have a Predator 3500 invertor generator and it works well for me and is large enough to power the AC too. I am converting it to run on gas and propane so I can just use the propane tanks on the 29-5T.
      Marc Martin from sunny California

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab, 6'4" bed, 4x4 CTD 6 speed auto, 4:10 gears with Centramatics
      2006 Arctic Fox 29-5T with Haloview RD7 cameras & steadyfast stabilizers

Comment

I would purchase a Honda or Yamaha before I gave my hard earned dollars to China made products.
        2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD Dually 6 liter Gas, DC, LB, 4.10's, 2016 AF 990

Comment

I do have an open frame Champion, loud but very effective. I bought it when they first came out and Champion was still a small company. The fuel valve broke and I haven't used it for a few years and with the Chinese virus thing there is no place open to fix it. Plus it is made in China and I hear Champion company had a manufacturing company in China which they co-own with a Russian company. Don't know if its still true as I was told that long ago. But I agree, buy American when possible but things are difficult now so I've been looking around. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
          Gary
          GaryQ
          2007 29-5T, 125 Solar Panels, Inverter, 5th Airborne Sidewinder Combo, Brake Smart Controller, Michelin 16" XPS RIB tires
          2001 Dodge CTD 2500, LB, Dana 80 4.10, AirBags, Smarty, DTT Trans w/Smart Controller, Mag-Hyrtec Trans & Differential Covers, 4 inch Exhaust, PacBrake, 60 Gal Tank

Comment

I have had my Honda 3000si for 10 years and it has not missed a beat. Yes it is expensive but it is so quiet I have had other campers come and check what it is.
            2016 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLT CREWCAB 4X4 LONGBOX DURAMAX ALLISON HENSILY BD1 TRAILER SAVER 5TH 12" back up screen
            2018 ARCTIC SILVER FOX 5TH WHEEL 27.5 DREAM DINETTE TOPPERS Living/Dining and Ward Alumaguard Main Awning Low Pro AC w /Ducting 4 Holding Tank Heat Pads 4 Point Powered Leveling & stab jacks 4 Tadi Bros Wireless Back Up Cameras Zamp Solar 530 watts ZS-30 AW Controller Goodyear Endurance ST 235/80R Load Range E TIREMINDRES for pres & temp.

Comment

My Honda 2000i is probably 15 years old. Doesn't get used a lot, but works every time. I also have a big Champion 7500 dual fuel for the house. Has never had gas it in and only gets a monthly test, but works every time as well. End of the day, Honda/Yamaha have a massively installed user base - things are beasts. Considering how many Honda's are out there and low number of complaints it comes down to how much are you willing to pay for that? Nothing is 100%...Honda's fail too

The Predators are getting good reviews, but there are some issues. End of the day will you get Honda quality at 1/2 to 1/4 the price? I personally don't think so. But will you get something that may work for your needs at a lower price...maybe. IE: It's personal.

Sorry - that is kinda a rambling response.....

-Kyle

2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
              • 4 pt Auto Level / 15k Single AC / 50 Amp (no Gen)
              • 3xFantastic Fans / 3xFantastic Covers
              • Sofa with Air Bed / Dinette / Slow Rise Shades
              • Factory 2" Receiver hitch
              • MODS
                • 395W Solar / Rear Camera / TPS / Flagpole Buddy / BMV-712 / Fridge Defend
              2015 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ
              • Duramax / B&W Turnover w/Companion / 40 Gal transfer tank.

Comment

Kyle
                Not rambling but responsive, Thanks
                Gary
                GaryQ

Comment

We use for our Church's camps Champion Inverter 2000, camps usually a week-long and the genny works 24x7 whole week, after 4 days we change the oil.

We feel it at 8 pm and 8 am, it takes about 5 minutes, then we start it over.

It is enough for the freezer, lights and Worship band equipment.

One gallon of gas enough for 13 hours with about a 900W load. Very silent. Now it has about 1000 hours and still works properly, maybe I'll replace the spark plug.

We paid less than $500 for it.
                  2020 25W -> 2019 Tundra 1794

Comment

For our trailer I think to buy this one:

https://www.championpowerequipment.c...tart-inverter/

1. It is enough for AC etc
                    2. It has a remote start
                    3. It can be in the trunk and the trunk cover can be closed, the rest of the makes/models are higher, so I won't be able to close the cover.

Now since the USA is closed for Canadians, it is not actual, I do not need it here in BC. But we are missing Joshua Tree park and The Coastal HWY ...
                    2020 25W -> 2019 Tundra 1794

Comment

I have Generac IQ2000. It will run my microwave. It will also run my air conditioner but I have a soft start on the air conditioner.
                      The Generac is quite and has a lot of nice features. I would like to find a kit to convert to dual fuel.
                      2003 Dodge Ram 3500, Laramie, dually, 4wd, Cummins, 6 speed manual, 4.10, PAC brake

2018 Arctic Fox 22g.
                      Zamp 360 watts solar, Giandel 2000 watt pure sine wave inverter, Progressive EMS, Mopeka propane tank monitor, LevelMatePRO, EEZTire TPMS, BAL hide-a-spare, MORryde heavy duty suspension, Wireless backup camera, Micro-Air Easy Start, Blue Ox SwayPro, Generac 2000

Comment

Donkey - check with Nash fuels, that is who supplied my conversion kit.
                        Marc Martin from sunny California

2012 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab, 6'4" bed, 4x4 CTD 6 speed auto, 4:10 gears with Centramatics
                        2006 Arctic Fox 29-5T with Haloview RD7 cameras & steadyfast stabilizers

Comment

Working...
                        X