Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drtrash
    replied
    Not sure why they deleted the AF H and went with 22g, maybe because of 25r, enjoy

Leave a comment:

• apollart
    replied
    Originally posted by Drtrash View Post
    I think this is the full gown version of my 22H, extra room would be icing on the cake with slideout
    It is, we liked the 22 when we looked, and interestingly enough the slide was not the deciding factor, but the lack of a sofa in the 22 was the deciding factor.

Leave a comment:

• Drtrash
    replied
    I think this is the full gown version of my 22H, extra room would be icing on the cake with slideout

Leave a comment:

• apollart
    replied
    We too just purchased a 2020 25R. Moved from a 15 year old pop-up to our NW, although the pop-up was in immaculate shape. I was looking at RV's for probably between 3-5 years before deciding on the Northwood. I would say all RV's will have minor construction issues and repairs here and there, but I would say there are very few manufacturers with the build quality of NW and I am hoping with care it will last 15 years like our pop-up. We did no major upgrades to the trailer except the dealer upgraded to the 15k A/C and we added a 2nd battery and the slide topper. Did 3 days at a state park in CO, and without a doubt I would put our NW up against any other trailer in the park. So far I have found that the Mor-Ryde steps are not my favorite, but otherwise I am very excited to be a part of the NW family.

Leave a comment:

• foxyrvlady
    replied
    Shinbone, I hope you enjoy your 25R as much as we have enjoyed ours. The old girl is still looking good at 19 years old--wish we had aged as well!

Leave a comment:

• Shinbone
    replied
    Thank you very much Foxyrvlady.

Leave a comment:

• foxyrvlady
    replied
    Start with Norcold--they warranty the refrigerator, not Northwood, and will tell you of the nearest authorized Norcold dealer. You should have the manual for them with the warranty information.

Leave a comment:

• Shinbone
    replied
    Dave, Thank you for the prompt response and advise. I just looked at the bottom hinge of the fridge and there are already 2 large and 1 small washer. Must have been installed by either the NW or dealer.

Leave a comment:

• RocklinDave
    replied
    With prior approval from the Northwood factory, they will authorize a warranty repair, if your far away from a NW dealer.

The bracket you described, is to reinforce the lower OEM hinge from cracking & breaking (expensive repair), not to necessarily correct locking issues.

When new, we had unwanted opening during travel and added two small washers to the bottom hinge pin. Raised the lower door just enough to catch the latch more securely.

I don't remember our door being out of plumb.Haven't had another opening issue in five years.

I STRONGLY suggest getting the lower hinge bracket reinforcement kit if your refrigerator is on the kit fix list.

Leave a comment:

• Shinbone
    started a topic Finally Purchased A 25R

Finally Purchased A 25R

On July 1, I drove all the way up to Sumner Washington from South OC, California to pick up a new 2020 AF 25R, which was equipped with all the accessories I needed for cold weather camping. Thus far the only problem I’ve noticed is that the refrigerator (Norcold N10LXL) door, keeps swinging open while driving, even though the fridge is empty and the door unladen. At first, I thought it was my fault for not pushing it closed; however, after closer observation, I noticed the lower door was slightly off cantor, not in vertical parallel to the frame nor horizontally paralleled to freezer door, which is squared to the frame, and as such, the latching pin is not catching the hole in the bracket between fridge and freezer door. I did a little research on this site and it appears that this has been an issue with Norcold fridges for sometime now, and there’s replacement bracket available from Norcold for repair. I only wish that the dealer had caught this issue prior to handing over the trailer. Also dumbfounded that Norcold has not corrected this ongoing issue and has continue to manufacture these refrigerators. Now the calling begins to see if I can get AF or Norcold to repair somewhere near me in OC because a 1,200 mile return trip to Sumner is out of the question.
Working...
X