Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• booth size

Hi
    I've scoured the forum, what are the dimensions of the booth when folded down into a bed? We're considering a 29-5T, almost sold on it. Can a 5'6" person sleep in it? How about the crossstitch sofa, could a person this size sleep on that? Asking because we'd be planning a couple week trip and would want this for sleeping area if possible. Thanks

This is for a 27-5L but I suspect it is a standard Northwood booth. When made into a bed it is 72” x 40 inches.
    Tom & Lynn
    2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Powerstroke
    2019 AF 27-5L

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	8E88036B-40F3-4204-A5BC-45F3B67B11BA.jpeg
Views:	121
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	301511 Our 2020 29-5T. Don’t actually have any dimensions. Biggest negative is that the couch fits between the rear slideout wall and the rear of the booth by......maybe......1/2”. No wiggle room with the couch. The brackets for the curtains on the rear side window in the slide interfere with the couch. You can’t pull the couch forward enough to avail yourself of the full recline the couch is capable of because of the curtain brackets. When the booth dinette was contemplated someone measured to make sure the love seat would fit but no one thought it through or built a full scale model and actually tried it out. Our loveseat with the Center storage piece is also not interlocked on one side but no realistic way to pull the loveseat out, tilt it Click image for larger version

Name:	B3DFD6C3-3774-489C-ACB2-04C13F5FA232.jpeg
Views:	112
Size:	280.5 KB
ID:	301512 to interlock the brackets and slide the whole thing back in......because of the curtain and shade brackets. Northwood should be embarrassed on this one. Major flaw in an otherwise good camper design.
      2019 SILVERADO 3500, crew cab standard bed, rear Sumo Spring bump stop replacements, B&W Companion.

2020 ARCTIC FOX 29-5T, queen bed, dinette, 12cf fridge. 100w roof solar feeding factory battery bank, 640w roof solar plus 120W portable feeding secondary 300amp lithium battery bank via 2 Victron controllers, 2000w Samlex inverter with remote control wired through factory transfer switch.

Comment

I broke a few of my brackets from the recliners hitting them. I just removed them.
        Kim + Betsy
        I do all my own stunts....just ask my wife.
        2017 AF 35-5Z
        2017 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by nwtraveler View Post
          I broke a few of my brackets from the recliners hitting them. I just removed them.
          When you removed the brackets, did it affect the functionality of the curtain?

Comment

"We" broke one of the bedroom ones and I have not did anything with it yet but I was considering putting Velcro on both the curtain and wall which I thought NW had went to anyway.

Brackets really don't do anything but keep the cloth from flapping in the breeze anyway.
            2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
            2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Art View Post

"We" broke one of the bedroom ones and I have not did anything with it yet but I was considering putting Velcro on both the curtain and wall which I thought NW had went to anyway.
              That's what we did.
              Scott ORHusky
              2017 35-5Z AM Solar 610W system, Trav'ler sk-1000, Steady Fast stabilizers, Lippert Level Up 6 point hydraulic leveling,Cummins/Onan 5.5kw(SOLD)
              2016 3500 DRW 4X4, AISIN, 373,Crew Cab Granite Crystal, Laramie, B & W Companion.

Comment

Originally posted by drjenkinson00 View Post

When you removed the brackets, did it affect the functionality of the curtain?
                Not that I've noticed. My wife didn't like the side curtains anyway so we took them off.
                They are just velcroed in the valance.
                I saved them and the brackets if they are ever needed again.

They do hide that the shades aren't always installed square with the window frames.

The shades are also a teensy bit narrower than the window frames and since they are
                white you can see a sliver of frame on each side of the shades when they are down.

Also more light comes in around the sides of the shades. That doesn't bother us, we're
                more for ease of function than style.
                Kim + Betsy
                2017 AF 35-5Z
                2017 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by GaltsGulch View Post
                  Click image for larger version  Name:	8E88036B-40F3-4204-A5BC-45F3B67B11BA.jpeg Views:	28 Size:	271.6 KB ID:	301511 Our 2020 29-5T. Don’t actually have any dimensions. Biggest negative is that the couch fits between the rear slideout wall and the rear of the booth by......maybe......1/2”. No wiggle room with the couch. The brackets for the curtains on the rear side window in the slide interfere with the couch. You can’t pull the couch forward enough to avail yourself of the full recline the couch is capable of because of the curtain brackets. When the booth dinette was contemplated someone measured to make sure the love seat would fit but no one thought it through or built a full scale model and actually tried it out. Our loveseat with the Center storage piece is also not interlocked on one side but no realistic way to pull the loveseat out, tilt it Click image for larger version  Name:	B3DFD6C3-3774-489C-ACB2-04C13F5FA232.jpeg Views:	29 Size:	280.5 KB ID:	301512 to interlock the brackets and slide the whole thing back in......because of the curtain and shade brackets. Northwood should be embarrassed on this one. Major flaw in an otherwise good camper design.
                  I had to laugh at myself. In your picture of the rear window near the top are the numbers 3434 and
                  I'm trying to figure out why the heck NW put those numbers there, and what did they mean.

Doh!! It's your house address above the garage door.
                  Kim + Betsy
                  2017 AF 35-5Z
                  2017 F450 Lariat

Comment

Do you think there would be room for a small adult to sleep on the sofa? How long is it? Thanks

Comment

Also with the booth, I understand that you get external access to the space under the benches? Can anyone possibly post a pic of that? I'd appreciate it, thanks

Comment

If anybody wants replacement search Amazon A285 and they range in price from 4 pcs for $4.95 and up.
                        Roger
                        Roger and Barb with Bridget the rescued dog
                        2017 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, 16gal Water Heater, rear hitch, 2 folding chairs, fireplace.
                        2012 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab,, 4x4, Reese 20K Hitch, Firestone air lifts

Comment

Originally posted by drjenkinson00 View Post
                          Also with the booth, I understand that you get external access to the space under the benches? Can anyone possibly post a pic of that? I'd appreciate it, thanks
                          Here is a photo of my 25Y from the Northwood site. The two outside small doors in the slide provide access to the spaces under the benches. That outside storage is one of the reasons that I will insist on a booth in any trailer I have.

https://northwoodmfg.com/arctic-fox-...25y/#bwg7/7068
                          2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
                          2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
                          2018 Arctic Fox 29L; Traded in
                          *2001 Arctic Fox 29V; Sold
                          South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

The couch isn’t really a couch. It’s a loveseat with a center armrest/storage bin between the two sides. The lid of the armrest opens for storage. You wouldn’t want to try and sleep across it.....but each half of the loveseat reclines to almost flat. The other option is not getting that Thomas Payne upgrade unit but getting the standard loveseat that converts to a bed.
                            2019 SILVERADO 3500, crew cab standard bed, rear Sumo Spring bump stop replacements, B&W Companion.

2020 ARCTIC FOX 29-5T, queen bed, dinette, 12cf fridge. 100w roof solar feeding factory battery bank, 640w roof solar plus 120W portable feeding secondary 300amp lithium battery bank via 2 Victron controllers, 2000w Samlex inverter with remote control wired through factory transfer switch.

Comment

Just measure our booth a bit ago. It is 62 " between seat backs. You might fit on a diagonal or in the fetal position. Best for children.
                              2019 Fox 29-5T dual A/C 6 point leveling TST507 flow threw Progressive EMS
                              2007 K3500 Duramax, Allison,

Comment

Working...
                              X