15K Low Pro AC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15K Low Pro AC

For anyone considering getting the 15K Low Pro AC as their main/only AC I have one word of suggestion, DON'T.
    We have been dealing with temps in the 90's and with the unit running full blast it is not unusual for the interior temp to rise to 85. While the main culprit is exposure to the the full afternoon Texas sun the unit is simply not up to the task. Plus it is very noisy.
    Should we have ordered the second AC? Definitely. But I would not get Low Pro as the main unit knowing what I know now. And yes, I checked the plenum to ensure it was sealed.
    Additionally, we ordered the Low Pro to reduce height only to discover the omnidirectional antenna is higher. I really don't see the advantage of the Low Pro in the living area. The bedroom would be a different story.
    Tom & Lynn
    2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Powerstroke
    2019 AF 27-5L

Great information....

We're very happy with the Low Pro A/C in the bedroom, but I wouldn't suggest it for the main area, for just the reasons you described.

Our high-point is also our antenna / bathroom vent cover on the 29-5T, not the main or bedroom A/C units.

Since your AF is a relatively new unit, do you think your dealer might do a A/C trade-up?
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

I’ve considered a Furrion 15.5 unit but I’m comfortable saying our dealer would not give any kind of break.
      Tom & Lynn
      2019 AF 27-5L

Comment

100 percent agree with you. The Lo Pro is too loud and not very efficient. Had to replace ours
        (main AC) after 2 years of very little use. Went with Coleman Mach standard size (they call it
        medium). It is way quieter. I bought the new unit online and hired a mobile tech to install it. I
        could have installed it myself except for getting it up on the roof. It cost me about $1000 all
        total.

I don't know if your model had the option to have 2 ACs, but if it was prewired you could move
        the Lo Pro to the bedroom.
        Kim + Betsy
        I do all my own stunts....just ask my wife.
        2017 AF 35-5Z
        2017 F450 Lariat

Comment

Unfortunately I did not plan well and ordered with 30 A service. Our previous 29-5T was about the same size and the single unit did fine but the older fives were about a foot lower.
          Tom & Lynn
          2019 AF 27-5L

Comment

Working...
          X