Portable rv pump service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable rv pump service

I will be dry camping at a state park in Nevada for 8 days in July and am curious to who has called a RV pumping service to come out and pump the black tank on your rig. Is this even a common thing you see in your outings?
    2017 Chevy Duramax 3500 LTZ DRW + 50 gal Transfer flow Aux Tank + Trailer Saver BD-5
    2020 Arctic Fox 32-5m with all bells and whistles.

I've seen the RV pumping services at NASCAR races and in Quartzsite - and they can be somewhat expensive, after pumping out the black / gray tanks, then filling the fresh with potable water.

Don't know what state park your camping in, but have you searched for nearby dumpsites? Many small towns with parks nearby, often have gas stations, markets, private RV parks, rest areas, visitors centers with a RV dump area, some free or a minimal fee.

https://www.sanidumps.com/find.php
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

I have found dump stations but with several visitors to my site this year, I think I will need to be pumped out prior to the end of my stay and packing up to go to the dump station is real pain and then have to come back and reset everything. I thought this could be a common service out there. I will call the sewer septic cleaners up in that area.
      2017 Chevy Duramax 3500 LTZ DRW + 50 gal Transfer flow Aux Tank + Trailer Saver BD-5

Comment

We can go 2 weeks on our black tank. Could probably push it to 3 weeks if we were careful.
        There are only 2 of us, so your mileage may vary.

Gray tank is another matter. We have a macerator pump and 50 gal rubber bladder that fits
        in the back of the truck. Usually takes me about 30-45 minutes to empty the gray tank depending
        on how far away the dump station is.

Before we got the macerator and bladder we went 7 days at a state park by emptying the gray
        water into a 5 gal bucket and dumping it down the toilet. 6 buckets full = about 25 gallons. Yeah
        it was kind of a pain but I didn't have to break camp to go to the dump station.
        Kim + Betsy
        I do all my own stunts....just ask my wife.
        2017 AF 35-5Z
        2017 F450 Lariat

Comment

If you go with a pump service, watch them carefully that they don't crack / damage your discharge piping when they are hooking / unhooking their equipment to yours.

A leaking sewer pipe could be a whole different animal.....

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

maybe the macerator and 5 gal bucket is all I need to get by. Have you transferred the black tank in 5 gal bucket to the toilet? That can't be pleasant but maybe I could have the stomach

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Chip View Post
              maybe the macerator and 5 gal bucket is all I need to get by. Have you transferred the black tank in 5 gal bucket to the toilet? That can't be pleasant but maybe I could have the stomach
              Making 10-20 trips to a campground restroom with buckets of raw sewage?...... I see that being the next YouTube video .

Click image for larger version  Name:	15673.jpg Views:	0 Size:	288.4 KB ID:	301305

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post

Making 10-20 trips to a campground restroom with buckets of raw sewage...... I see this being the next YouTube video?

Click image for larger version

Name:	15673.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	288.4 KB
ID:	301305
                Yep agree. It certainly would be something that would not be advised can you imagine throwing up and dropping the bucket? oh lord

Comment

Originally posted by Wood Chip View Post
                  Ok, just to be clear, I was transferring my gray water, via bucket, to MY toilet/black tank.
                  My gray tank can fill in 3-4 days, normal use, without trying to conserve. My black tank
                  can easily go 14+ days. I know the black tank is getting full when the toilet starts gurgling
                  during a flush. I can usually go another 5-7 days after that. I suppose, technically, you could
                  go until the toilet starts to back up.

I would have to be very desperate to tote raw sewage, via bucket, to a camp ground toilet.
                  Kim + Betsy
                  I do all my own stunts....just ask my wife.
                  2017 AF 35-5Z
                  2017 F450 Lariat

Comment

Why not just use the campground bathroom.... and leave the trailer toilet for emergencies?

Comment

Use plenty of water as you usually do until you get about 1/2 full. Then you can cut back on the amount of water you flush into the black tank. Maybe I am just numb and don'tnotice the smell, but we can pittle several times before flushing in a pinch. Just keep the lid down.
                      2016 Arctic Fox 32-5M, 1,150 watt Solar Panels (5 @ 170, 2 @ 150), 2 Life Blue 200 Amp hr lithium batteries, Victron Blue Solar MPPT 150/85 Controller, MS2812 Magnum Pure Sine Inverter/Charger, 5.5 Onan LP Gen, 6pt leveling system, 2nd 13.5k A/C, Slide Toppers, Fireplace, King Bed, Central Vac. Hardwired Surge Guard Model 34560, rear view camera, clear entry door window,

2016 Ford F-450 Lariat. B&W Companion Hitch. Remax Bed Roll Cover, Bed Carpet.

Winter in Florida, traveling other seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
                        Why not just use the campground bathroom.... and leave the trailer toilet for emergencies?
                        Well, that would be the norm but....I have VIP visitors coming in for a couple days and walking 100 yds to the public restrooms could be beyond their capabilities. Thanks guys. I will keep the black tank from being used and just leave it for my visitors. seems easiest

Comment

Not sure if this is an option for you, but I purchased a cheap version of the "portable RV sewer tank" when I bought my camper. It's come in handy several times over the years and works great. The way I use it is to store it in the back of my truck and use a macerator (mentioned above by nwtraveler) to pump from the camper into the portable tank, then drive to a dump station or campsite toilet and pump out my portable tank. Some of the tanks are designed to be hooked up to your vehicle for slow speed driving but I have never done that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Unknown.jpeg
Views:	96
Size:	14.9 KB
ID:	301314
                          Attached Files
                          2015 Arctic Fox 992 Camper, 500 Watt solar, built in generator, Victron Battery Monitor BMV-712, Two 6V AGM Batteries, Winegard Air 360+.

2015 Chevy 3500 Diesel 4 Door Long Bed SRW 4WD P/U w/ Transflow extended fuel tank, Forklift Tie Downs, FastGun Turnbuckles, Super Hitch & Truss, Stable Load Upper & Lower, Air Lift Wireless Compressor, Firestone Air Bags, TPMS 507 Tire Sensor System w/ Color Monitor, Rexing V1 Gen3 Dash Camera, and Rear Vies Safety Wireless Backup Cameras RVS-2CAM.

Comment

To answer your original question, yes we have had our tanks pumped while staying in our trailer. We do the Spokane Interstate Fair every year (well not this year as it has been cancelled) which is a 14 day adventure for us. Taking showers every day, and using the black tank, there is no way we could go the distance on one load, so we have a local pumping service do our tanks at least once during our stay. The fairgrounds actually provide one free pump as part of the camping fee, but if you need more than that it is about 20 bucks per pump. The only thing I can tell you is after the tanks are pumped, run your faucets a little to make sure the "P" traps are full as the vacuum tends to pull the water out of them. Other than that, it is quick and easy peasy, and we have had no problems in the 12 years we have done it.
                            2006 Chevy HD2500 DuramaxLBZ-Allison ExCab Longbed LT3 4x4
                            Line-X, A.R.E. CX Shell, KargoMaster Rack, Prodigy
                            2005 Arctic Fox 22H, Yamaha EF3000iSEB
                            Celia's Gourmet Foods
                            Gourmet Barrel Aged Balsamic Vinegars & Infused Olive Oils

Comment

Any trees close by?
                              Bob , Betsy & Beatrice Nelson, Cove Oregon . . USN Retired . . .
                              2019 GMC 2500 Denali SRW Short Box
                              2019 Arctic Fox 25W
                              Beatrice is a black Golden Doodle DOB 19 June 2019
                              Boondockers Welcome Host

Comment

Working...
                              X