Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antenna Booster?

Hi,
    Do any of you use an antenna booster product? What do you use? How do you get the boosted signal back into the Rv ? Wondering because I do have a booster product, but requires me to run it inside the trailer. I do this by using a small outside access door in one of the inside cabinets, which then connects to our phone via a clamp. For the 27-5L we are going to purchase, I don't see a way to feed the cable inside. How do you all use your antenna booster product, and if you need to route anything inside, how did you do it? Thanks
    David J.

What type of booster are you using now?
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Are you talking about a cellular, WiFi or OTA signal booster?
      Tom & Lynn
      2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Powerstroke
      2019 AF 27-5L

Comment

My Artic Fox 22G has a full bathroom cabinet to the ceiling on the awning/dinette side. I did a roof penetration to the inside top of the cabinet and did a wall penetration just below the wall cabinets above the dinette.

I used this to cover my roof penetration along with some sealant.

KING CE2000 Cable Entry Cover for Roof Mounted Portable Satellite Antennas

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

GMC 2500HD SLT Double Cab 2017 - Arctic Fox 22G 2018

Comment

I bought these 3 items from amazon:

weBoost Drive Reach (470154) Cell Phone Signal Booster

Wilson Electronics 17” / 32” / 45” 4G Truck and RV Spring-Mount Antenna w/ 14 ft. RG58 cable, SMA Male Connector

E-outstanding 2 x SMA/SMB Type Adapter SMA-Male Plug to SMB-Female Jack RF Coaxial Antennas Connector Straight

The Drive Reach comes with the outside antenna with the magnetic base. That antenna stays on my truck roof. The amplifier module and indoor antenna move to inside my trailer when we are camping.

The trucker antenna is mounted to the roof rack and the cable goes to my dinette area where the Drive Reach amplifier module is used. The 3rd item is a SMA Male to SMB Female adapter so the cable on the trucker antenna can plug into the Drive Reach.

If there is some signal it works great improving the signal from 1 bar to 3 or 4.

I like being able to use it in my truck where is stays most of the time or my trailer. It only takes a few minutes to move the amplifier and inside antenna.

We use the system mostly for voice or casual data. We don't stream much. We use Dish Satellite instead.

Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
            What type of booster are you using now?
            I have this one...
            https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

Originally posted by txshirle View Post
              Are you talking about a cellular, WiFi or OTA signal booster?
              Cellular

Comment

At first I just stuck the antenna wire through the slide seal, near the bottom before putting the slide all the way out.
                Eventually I got around to a more permanent install. The antenna is mounted to the "luggage rack" using a 3" s.s.
                door hinge and u-bolt. That way, If I forget to lower the antenna, it will fold down on it's own. Downside is that any
                wind blowing the right direction of 30 mph or so will blow the antenna down. There is a rubber bumper on the
                luggage rack tube so the antenna doesn't get damaged. I use an extendable painters pole to push the antenna
                up while camping.

I drilled a hole through the back wall and mounted this water tight stuffing box to run the wire to the booster which
                is mounted on the inside wall.

Click image for larger version

Name:	S1740015.JPG
Views:	83
Size:	527.5 KB
ID:	298893 Click image for larger version

Name:	S1760001.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	509.0 KB
ID:	298894 Click image for larger version

Name:	S1760004.JPG
Views:	81
Size:	834.1 KB
ID:	298895 Click image for larger version

Name:	S1760005.JPG
Views:	84
Size:	781.6 KB
ID:	298896
                Kim + Betsy
                I do all my own stunts....just ask my wife.
                2017 AF 35-5Z
                2017 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by astrocamper View Post
                  I bought these 3 items from amazon:

The trucker antenna is mounted to the roof rack and the cable goes to my dinette area where the Drive Reach amplifier module is used. The 3rd item is a SMA Male to SMB Female adapter so the cable on the trucker antenna can plug into the Drive Reach.

Jeff
                  So I take it that you somehow feed the cable through your dinette area?

Comment

The cable goes through the roof above the closet in the 22G bathroom. It goes from there through the wall just under the cabinets on the wall above the dinette. The cable runs under the cabinets to the amplifier mounted on the wall below the cabinets under the power center. I run the inside antenna to the dinette table.

Comment

Originally posted by astrocamper View Post
                      The cable goes through the roof above the closet in the 22G bathroom. It goes from there through the wall just under the cabinets on the wall above the dinette. The cable runs under the cabinets to the amplifier mounted on the wall below the cabinets under the power center. I run the inside antenna to the dinette table.
                      I see, thanks. Yes I think I can probably come up with a way to get access to the inside by this means or similar. I'm mulling putting in about a 1" conduit from the storage area to the inside wall, that has a cap for when it's not in use. I would have a few applications for this, one of them being for booster cabling. Another would be to give access for a low pressure propane line to run a vent-less heater. And yet another could be for a larger portable inverter cord, that clips directly to the battery. One would have to leave the outside access doors open for these options though, but another conduit could work. I'm still pondering.

Comment

Run your conduit to the wet bay which has access to the outside via the bottom.
                        30A trailer you store the cord under the pantry so it would be easy to add an antenna wire run with the power and would be close to the ladder as well.
                        2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
                        2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Art View Post
                          Run your conduit to the wet bay which has access to the outside via the bottom.
                          30A trailer you store the cord under the pantry so it would be easy to add an antenna wire run with the power and would be close to the ladder as well.
                          Oh so the power cord coils under the pantry for storage/travel? I wish some videos would show some of these finer details, I probably should have asked that at the show. Also wet bay, where exactly is that located in relation to the large slide? thanks

Comment

Yes on the 30A the 50A has no dedicated cord storage.
                            Pic someone took from a factory tour that shows the back of the trailer before the wall went up.
                            Click image for larger version  Name:	1-back.jpg Views:	0 Size:	209.1 KB ID:	298924

Wet bay is right next to the slide.
                            You can see the pop out bottom in the pic.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1-wet.jpg Views:	0 Size:	245.0 KB ID:	298926
                            Yours will have TV/SAT connections here as well.

Edit: I got these from Arctic Rebel PM me if you would like a link to the pictures about 300M and not all 27-5l pics
                            Yes I asked Arctic Rebel
                            Pics are from 2015
                            2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
                            2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Click on the link in Art's Sig line above, " My 27-5l Manual", your going to want a copy of it for your 27-5. On the first page in Figure 1, the power cord location is shown as"U" and as you can see in Art's photo above, there is a storage area you push the cord into if you have a 30 Amp service. If 50 Amp, you have a cord to coil and store in the pass through. The Wet bay is on the left of the main slide when facing the slide, it's around the area between "A and 2" in figure 1 in Art's great Manual.
                              2016 Ram 3500 Longhorn: 4X4, Crew Cab, LB, DRW, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, 3.73, Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, Reese 20k Elite Hitch, Amp Bedstep 2, Aero 70 Gal Underbed Fuel Tank
                              2016 AF 27-5L: 10 Cu Ft Fridge, Thomas Payne Sofa w/air Mattress,15K AC, 2" Receiver, Victron Multiplus 3000 inverter with CCGX Color Control panel, BMV 712 Battery Monitor and Smart Solar MPPT 100|50 controller with 610W of Solar

Comment

Working...
                              X