Improving towing ride

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Improving towing ride

I own a 2007 AF 29-5T that I bought new in 2008. Generally I'm pleased with the ride and ease of pulling down the road but like all things there are certain things that could be improved. I would really appreciate any comments on any improvements anybody has made to improve the ride of their rig on either flat land, curves or mountain traveling. Any improvements could tell me a lot on maybe some errors I have made over the years.
    GaryQ
    2007 29-5T, 125 Solar Panels, Inverter, 5th Airborne Sidewinder Combo, Brake Smart Controller, Michelin 16" XPS RIB tires
    2001 Dodge CTD 2500, LB, Dana 80 4.10, AirBags, Smarty, DTT Trans w/Smart Controller, Mag-Hyrtec Trans & Differential Covers, 4 inch Exhaust, PacBrake, 60 Gal Tank

Gary, I also own a 2007, mine is a 29-5E. I added a Trail-Air pin box Equa-Flex suspension upgrade with wet bolt kit and Monroe shocks to replace the factory ones. I have been very pleased with the way the trailer rides. In spring of 2018 replaced all the leaf springs, went from 5 to 6 leaf before heading to Alaska for the summer, the stiffer spring did not seem to change the way the trailer rides, only changed because of the years and miles on the old springs.
    The only thing done to the pickup was to install Torque Lift Stable Loads.
    2014 Dodge Laramie 3500 Crew cab SRW 4x4, 6.7 CTD, Eng. Brake, 68RE, 3.42, B&W turn over ball with
    companion hitch, Herd Bumper, Tork-Lift Stable Load Quick Disconnects, 91 Gal RDS aux. fuel tank.
    KD Links X1 HD Dash Cam, onboard Viair 450C air comp with 2.5 gallon tank, Centramatic wheel balancers
    2007- 295E A/F, Steadyfast stabilizers, Onan, Equa-Flex suspension, Trail-Air Pin Box
    TST 507 RV TPMS, LT235-85R-16E HT3 Cooper Tires
    sigpic, Centramatic wheel balancers

Comment

X2 on the air pin box. I installed a 5th Airborne on my 2011 295T made a big difference.
      I also replaced the springs with 6 leaf and did the Monroes.
      Added air bags to the truck, but that is because I like it "stiff" when towing.

Housted
      2015 RAM 3500 Laramie 6.7L CTD Tow Rig, Andersen Ultimate 5th Wheel hitch.
      2011 Arctic Fox 29-5T 2010 Arctic Fox 29-5T on permanent site in the mountains - RIP 2006 AF 29V :-(
      https://picasaweb.google.com/1012172...eat=directlink
      Interests: White water Kayaking,Photography,Shooting,Reloading
      Avatar:Eastern Sierra along US395

Comment

I am wondering which pin box is best for traveling in a 5th wheel. I noted the two above but would like to check out others and if anyone out there has others could you please add them to this list.
        Housted what 5th Airborne do you have? Is it the airbag one with a shock absorber on it? They have a number of different but similar type of designs.
        Thanks
        Gary
        GaryQ
        2007 29-5T, 125 Solar Panels, Inverter, 5th Airborne Sidewinder Combo, Brake Smart Controller, Michelin 16" XPS RIB tires
        2001 Dodge CTD 2500, LB, Dana 80 4.10, AirBags, Smarty, DTT Trans w/Smart Controller, Mag-Hyrtec Trans & Differential Covers, 4 inch Exhaust, PacBrake, 60 Gal Tank

Comment

Working...
        X