TV wall mount for bedroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV wall mount for bedroom

We picked up a second 32” 12v tv (same as what came in the main living space) for the bedroom on the trailer (26n).

There is a space marked on the wall on where we should mount it, I was just wondering if there is a specific mount that would be best to use?
    '19 Nash 26N (http://milesfromdone.com/category/rv/ - mods & projects)

'14 Ram 3500 Mega Cab 6.7 Cummins - Level, Airbags, few other things here-and-there.

Any store that sells televisions, will also sell wall mounts. There are many designs and uses, but all will mount to a newer television. In the wall, behind the mounting area sticker, is a thick piece of wood to screw into with lag bolts.

When we mounted our television to the bedroom wall, we used a mount that only tilted up & down. We didn't need the mount to extend outward & from side to side.

This should help:

https://bestbuy.selectionassistant.com/
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Take a look at monoprice.com they have a large selection of wall mounts and are a lot more reasonably priced than the brick and mortar stores. I have used them on many occasions and have never had any problems. Great customer service.
      Gordon-Mary Anne Sunny-Radar Rescue Dogs 2018 Arctic Fox 25W 2-12 volt Interstate Deep Cycle 2015 Chevrolet Crew Cab LTZ HD 2500 D/A 4x4 3.73 Leer Cab High Camper Shell Honda EU2000ia Zamp solar
      Equal-i-zer Hitch 1000 lb bars
      2018 Days Camped 65 Miles Towed 4702 Total Days 424 Towed Miles 26,360 Total Miles 38,063

Comment

Found a mount that seems very similar to the TV mount in the entertainment area and picked it up.

It came with 2" lag bolts; I measured the wall thickness at 3 1/2" to make sure it wasn't going to go through the wall all the way......

Still, 2" bolts feels really long; I don't want to go too short and have the TV fall off. Just wanted to check that I'm not out of my mind for planning on using the bolts? I'll drill pilot holes to avoid as much damage as possible. Already did the measurements to center it left to right and to ensure that it's level with the floor - the roof is too curved

'14 Ram 3500 Mega Cab 6.7 Cummins - Level, Airbags, few other things here-and-there.

Comment

hmm 3 1/2 sounds like a lot
          The wall my TV mounts on has a DC switch on it I would pull it and measure how deep I can stick a tape and to the outside of the wall.
          If you are to close you can either grind down the tip of the lag or add washers before you put the lag in.

I did not install mine.
          2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
          2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

I measured from the bathroom door and subtracted (inside the door and outside the door, if that makes sense); I was really surprised at the results (measured 3x because I didn't believe it).

I may just give NW a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Comment

When we mounted our bedroom bracket, we used 5/16"w x 1" hex-head screws.

Bracket has held tight over the past 5 years.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

1" seems much more reasonable; I may go that route.

Comment

Might want to make sure it locks in place so you don't have the TV moving around while driving. Home mounts do not lock (at least ours don't.)
                  Peter and Fran
                  2016 AF 27-5L
                  , 50AMP, 4pt leveling, 15K AC + bedroom AC, Onan 5.5 generator, Progressive Dynamics EMSHW50C, Slide Toppers, TST 507, Cadet digital AC heater, 52" ceiling fan LED light, Dirt Devil CV1500 Central Vacuum, 480 watt solar charger, 440 AH AGM battery bank, Magnum MS2012 2000 Watt Inverter, TorkLift steps, SRE4000, 17.5" Alcoa rims, 7k axles, ProTech toolbox

2017 F-450 Super Duty, B&W Companion, 50 gallon Transfer Flow fuel tank, Wickum Weld Toolbox

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
                    When we mounted our bedroom bracket, we used 5/16"w x 1" hex-head screws.

Bracket has held tight over the past 5 years.
                    I wouldn't think that would be enough being about only 3/4 of an inch would be in good wood but it's hard to argue with how long and miles you have on those.
                    How many lags did you use ?
                    2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
                    2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Art View Post

I wouldn't think that would be enough being about only 3/4 of an inch would be in good wood but it's hard to argue with how long and miles you have on those.
                      How many lags did you use ?
                      If I remember 4.

That wall mount has traveled across the country 6 times, to Alaska twice and up & down Interstate-5 (terrible highway). I checked the bolts last year and all still tight.

Comment

Hardware store was out of 1” 5-16 bolts, so I went with 1 1-4”. Used 4 of them to mount to the wall, it feels like it but well.

Manipulated it a lot before and after putting the TV on the bracket and it seems to hold well, I guess time will tell. It locks in place easily, frankly I don’t know if we will ever use it on the articulating arm, but we have the option I guess. Hooked it up to the OTA antenna and everything worked well.

Also hooked up the IOGear wireless HDMI transmitter I picked up off eBay for about $40. Worked great and I couldn’t see any signal loss. Was pretty cool that we could mirror both TVs and the audio/picture stayed in sync.

Our remotes use RF vs IR, so I took the opportunity to drill a few holes and hide most of our TVs equipment. The cabinet above the TV is too high up for my wife and son to really use, so I turned it into an AV equipment cabinet. I used industrial grade velcro to mount most of the things as I was concerned about driving a screw into a water pipe with the shower on the opposite side of the cabinet.

The site has a 2mb file limit, I’ll have to upload and post some pictures later.

Comment

Working...
                        X