Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using Slide couch

Hi Folks,

Is it safe to use a slideout couch when the slide is closed (slid in)? I am almost sure that yes, but better to check

I am a pretty heavy guy, 350 lb, and my wife is about 140 lb, it is why I am asking

Thank you
    2020 25W -> 2019 Tundra 1794

You are perfectly safe using the couch and/or table & chairs with the slide extended or retracted.

Where you could run into issues, is using the slide when it's not fully extended.
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Thank you!
      2020 25W -> 2019 Tundra 1794

Comment

Our dealer said the same thing as Dave said.
        He did say don't step on the edge when the slide is in.

I had some old door jams that I cut into three three foot lengths to put under the edge in case we did step.
        Covered them in fabric to not scratch the floor and good to go.
        2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
        2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Working...
        X