Mystery Outlet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery Outlet

A friend just purchased a 2016 27-5l.He asked me what the plug outlet is for in the cord storage compartment.He said you can see it and almost reach it through the little storage door.I have a 2017 and do not remember seeing Any outlet when I peered in there.Does anyone know what he might be looking at?

er
    2017 27-5i,Solar,Generator,Deleted carpet,2000 watt Xandrex inverter,all the bells and whistles,Welded to frame motorcycle rack in rear, 2016 Ram 2500 Diesel,Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Unless its a mod I would say he is seeing the plug for the converter.
    2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
    2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

I think Art is right. The converter in mine is behind the panel under the drawers in that area.....

2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
      • 4 pt Auto Level / 15k Single AC / 50 Amp (no Gen)
      • 3xFantastic Fans / 3xFantastic Covers
      • Sofa with Air Bed / Dinette / Slow Rise Shades
      • Factory 2" Receiver hitch
      • MODS
        • 195W Solar / Rear Camera / TPS / Flagpole Buddy / BMV-712
      2015 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ
      • Duramax / B&W Turnover w/Companion / 40 Gal transfer tank.

Comment

As I understand it, it goes to the front basement where a generator would be installed from the factory. If you look there, you will see another plug, which the generator would plug into, which takes it back to the plug in the cord storage area. If a generator was installed in he rig it would of been hardwired to the plug in the front basement area.
        Kirk n Kay and Mickey, the big black lab
        2012 F-250
        2016 27-5L

Comment

I also believe Art is correct. Ours didn’t have the front Generator and had the plug in the rear cord storage area. I believe I read hear it was to plug in a generator.
          Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4, B&W Companion, 40 gal Transfer Flow Tank/Tool Box

2016 AF 27-5L (SOLD 11/2019)

Comment

Yep, it's used as the manual transfer switch for the Generator if installed in the front generator bay of the 27-5L. Here is a link to a post I did on connecting up to the factory wiring in the Generator bay and using the connector in the cord bay to run my Generator. It shows the connector and the wiring connection in the Generator bay.

Connecting a Portable Generator Post
            2016 Ram 3500 Longhorn: 4X4, Crew Cab, LB, DRW, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, 3.73, Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, Reese 20k Elite Hitch, Amp Bedstep 2, Aero 70 Gal Underbed Fuel Tank
            2016 AF 27-5L: 10 Cu Ft Fridge, Thomas Payne Sofa w/air Mattress,15K AC, 2" Receiver, Victron Multiplus 3000 inverter with CCGX Color Control panel, BMV 712 Battery Monitor and Smart Solar MPPT 100|50 controller with 610W of Solar

Comment

Originally posted by LANNOY View Post
              He said you can see it and almost reach it through the little storage door.
              So this would make me think it is not the 30AMP plug unless he has popeye arms or really short ones.
              I don't know how far in the outlet is as a 50AMP trailer has a transfer switch and no door to the outside.

LANNOY is the outlet a 30AMP plug or a 15AMP plug ?
              2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
              2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

It is a 30 amp plug.
                2017 27-5i,Solar,Generator,Deleted carpet,2000 watt Xandrex inverter,all the bells and whistles,Welded to frame motorcycle rack in rear, 2016 Ram 2500 Diesel,Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Comment

The plug is about 18 inches into the little door.

Comment

It is exactly as RCKIN described. I'd love to do the MOD he did, and even more so, wish I had the skills to do to save on install money. I have other MOD's on the list ahead of that.
                    2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

Originally posted by LANNOY View Post
                      The plug is about 18 inches into the little door.
                      Yes, that sounds about right. The factory location is really poorly placed. I moved the plug to near over to the outer wall to the right side of the door when I installed my EMS to make it easy to see and reach when plugging in the shore power cable into it to use the generator wiring.
                      2016 Ram 3500 Longhorn: 4X4, Crew Cab, LB, DRW, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, 3.73, Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, Reese 20k Elite Hitch, Amp Bedstep 2, Aero 70 Gal Underbed Fuel Tank
                      2016 AF 27-5L: 10 Cu Ft Fridge, Thomas Payne Sofa w/air Mattress,15K AC, 2" Receiver, Victron Multiplus 3000 inverter with CCGX Color Control panel, BMV 712 Battery Monitor and Smart Solar MPPT 100|50 controller with 610W of Solar

Comment

Thanks for everyone’s input.He now knows exactly what it is and I don’t have one because I have factory gen installed.Happy Holidays!

Comment

Working...
                        X