Please Visit Our Sponsors

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Satellite coax connector behind TV is connected to nothing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Satellite coax connector behind TV is connected to nothing.

I assumed that the Satellite coax connector out above the water compartment door was connected to the Satellite coax connector behind the TV. I was wrong. There is absolutely nothing connected to the satellite coax connector behind the TV. What's the point?
    Steve and Shelley. Minnesota
    2017 RAM 3500 LLH CC 4x4 LB DRW 6.7ctd Aisin 4.10 Air Level aka Shrek
    2018 AF 27-5L, HW50C ems, Maxxis Tires, TST 507, dual AC, tank heaters, Rear Camera, Toppers, 640w Solar, Victron MP 3000 Inverter, MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller, CCGX Color Monitor,BMV702 Battery Monitor
    , 440AH Lifeline AGM, aka Fiona

Take those plates off the wall, if I remember right (sometimes I don't) mine was hooked up to one of the other jacks, or it wasn't hooked up and just dangling back there. I now use my satellite connection for an external antenna I have been strapping to the rear ladder when we are stopped with poor signal on the factory antenna.
    2018 27-5L 4 point leveling, 30 amp, 320 watts of solar.
    2000 F250
    2000 27-5L sold after 8 great years.

Comment

Jamey is correct, check behind the wall plate behind your television. There you will find several cables, with one that runs from the exterior jack (others go to the antenna, the bedroom and the roof satellite connector).

In a perfect world, the exterior cable should be connected to one of the plate connectors behind your television. Several members have found that the cable was loose / not connected.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Antenna Wiring Diagram.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	33.9 KB
ID:	295546
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Working...
      X