TSD Logistics Fuel Saver Program

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TSD Logistics Fuel Saver Program

Have any of you enrolled in TSD’s fuel saver program? If so, how did assure yourself (ves) that your identity wouldn’t be unnecessarily exposed to identity theft since the application asks for your Social Security number?

Briefly, this small trucking company is willing to issue you an EFS card to use at truck refueling stations, such as Loves, TA, etc. allowing the user the same discounts they’ve negotiated with companies. In some cases up to 49 cents a gallon. They keep 5% of the fuel discount as their fee.

The business model is the more fuel they purchase the bigger discounts they can negotiate.

Sounds to good to be true, but my real concern is identity theft? I’m looking to see if anyone has experience with this program and if identity thief is an issue.
    Jerry, Kathie, &
    Bo, one giant Lab
    2019 AF27-5
    2017 Nash 24M (Sold)
    2016 F250, 4X4, 6.7L
    Added 2 leaf springs each side
    50 gal Titan Fuel Tank
    Pressure Pro TPMS
    blog: 7rwanderers.wordpress.com

Is this the application form? If so, not seeing where they need SSN. I see they do need bank info and that makes sense.
    If you are on a site that wants SSN, I wonder if it's legit? Don't ever give SSN out.

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/fuel-card-application-rv/
    2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
    2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Hamster, you’re right the application doesn’t ask for it but they said they ask for it to file a claim if bank funds are insufficient. This link to frequently asked questions says it.

https://www.tsdlogistics.com/services/fuel-program/
      Jerry, Kathie, &
      Bo, one giant Lab
      2019 AF27-5
      2017 Nash 24M (Sold)
      2016 F250, 4X4, 6.7L
      50 gal Titan Fuel Tank
      Pressure Pro TPMS

Comment

In these days I would be wary of any outfit wanting my SSN. Before I retired we needed it on,y for those wanting the benefit of credit scoring to lower their insurance rates. Some states used to use SSN as their drivers license but heard they no longer do. I believe even Medicare has a number on their cards so a persons SSN isn’t public.

For any outfit I do business with when they want my SSN they have to convince me it’s needed.
        Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, (SOLD 1/20)

2016 AF 27-5L (SOLD 11/2019)

Comment

I would be more concerned about giving them access to my bank account. Nothing would stop them from draining it. A credit card is a much safer way to go. Otherwise I would avoid this as a scam which it likely is.
          Glen & Linda
          2018 27-5L Arctic Fox,
          2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD D/A 4X4 Ext Cab
          Anderson Ultimate 5th wheel hitch
          Blogs: Ongoing: http://glelin-travels1.blogspot.com/
          Alaska: http://glelin-travels.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by GIandlj View Post
            I would be more concerned about giving them access to my bank account. Nothing would stop them from draining it. A credit card is a much safer way to go. Otherwise I would avoid this as a scam which it likely is.
            We found this out the hard way. It also goes for those that you allow to have direct deposit into your account. If they can deposit, they can also withdraw.

Here is what we did - I opened a free checking account with no debit card, no checks. I have the direct deposits into that account. I have the direct pays come from that account. I just keep enough money in there to do business plus a little. So typically we have $2,000 in there. To me I'm limiting my exposure to the danger that you mention of someone draining the account.

Bill
            Bill, Mary, and Scottie
            2015 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, SRW, Hensley BD-3 Hitch
            2017 AF 27-5L
            http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/719790.png

Comment

I've now run a few transactions through my TSD Fuel program card. It works! The last time I used it I got $0.42 off the pump price ($2.83/gallon) so I bought at $2.41. Gasbuddy showed cheapest area station at ~$2.65. That is not an insignificant savings.

This was a Loves in Belen, NM a few weeks ago.

Like BZawlocki I already had an account that I use for ACH for other purposes so I just drop some cash in there and it use it, but keep the balance low to decrease any risk. The thing about ACH - only well validated organizations (banks) can perform an ACH, but all that is needed are the routing and account # to do it. Business use ACH all day every day moving money around with minimal issues and MUCH larger amounts of cash than any of us are talking about.

I've been so compromised over the years between Equifax, the SSA, retail stores, etc etc that I just don't worry that much anymore. I have multiple credit monitoring services from various previous hacks as well as from my bank. So to me, I just press on, enjoy and hope for the best.

TSD is a fleet management company for truckers - they realized that the more fuel they pump the more discount they can negotiate. By inviting the "civilian" community to use their service not only do they get to take a small profit (10% of the savings is held back by TSD) but also increase their volume and thus hopefully increase their discounts for all the users.

NOTE: If you don't get savings because you pumped somewhere that TSD doesn't have a pricing agreement with, TSD takes nothing.

For me, this program is a WIN!
              • I LOVE the truck lanes - with pumps on both sides I can fill the truck and my transfer take in one go around. Super handy.
              • If you haven't used truck lanes before - be careful, many of those things pump FAST. I ease into it and typically am pumping at the low speed stop on the handle.
              • Around my home base I have a couple of Loves, a TA and a Flying J's all that participate - best deals seem to be at Loves by a few pennies
              • When i'm on a roadtrip and usually fuel at the "higher" priced truck stops anyway - just for the convenience and not worrying if I'll fit. Now I get better than street station prices and keep that convenience.

Also - if you do sign up, use BZawlocki or me (Kyle Petree) in the referral box - and after you pump 100 gallons we get $25. If you do this and we meet on the road I'll buy ya a beer

-Kyle

PS: wow, that turned into a jumbled rant, I'm pretty excited about this program. Let me know if you have any questions.....
              2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
              • 4 pt Auto Level / 15k Single AC / 50 Amp (no Gen)
              • 3xFantastic Fans / 3xFantastic Covers
              • Sofa with Air Bed / Dinette / Slow Rise Shades
              • Factory 2" Receiver hitch
              • MODS
                • 195W Solar / Rear Camera / TPS / Flagpole Buddy / BMV-712
              2015 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ
              • Duramax / B&W Turnover w/Companion / 40 Gal transfer tank.

Comment

I signed up for the TSD Fuel Card last Friday. After reading multiple reviews on another website I frequent, and all positive, I decided to apply. Should have the card in about ten days. One thing I did do is use a secondary checking account and will put money in it for fuel purchases when we travel.
                Rich

2019 F350 CCSB Lariat 6.7 PowerStroke, B&W RVK 3500, Extreme Air Onboard Air Compressor
                2014 Arctic Fox 29 5T, TST 507 Tire Pressure Monitor, Honda 2000i Generator, Sailun S637 G Tires, Titan Disc Brakes

Semper Fi USMC 1981 - 1985

Comment

After learning about the TSD Logistic RV Fuel Program from a neighbor I started this thread to see if anyone on the forum was using it as it sounded to good to be true, and I was concerned about disclosing my SSN to anyone. After sending an e-mail to TSD's CFO asking whether they really need the SSN and if so how did they protect it, I received an e-mail back from her within 5 minutes explaining that they had 150 employees (this was in Oct of last year) and their network complied with all Fed and State Reg regarding security. I decided to move forward and apply. I will admit her response that they were in compliance with Fed and State regs wasn't all that impressive as I didn't know the Feds and State had any regs - I didb't work in IT - but her statement about 150 employees and protecting their identity rang a bell with we as I gave my SSN to all my employers throughout my working career without question so I figured, "What the Heck." I received my card and began using the program in Nov of 2019 and have been extremely pleased with the results. My diesel truck is my daily driver, my savings when not towing and not having size restrictions averages 4% over the traditional stations I would normally use, when towing and having size restrictions I save 16 - 18% off the truck stop advertised price. I mostly use the card at Love's as they have the biggest discount, but have used it at Flying J/Pilot, Petro, and TA. Petro and TA both charged a 65 cent transaction fee (TSD is very open that some, not all and it does vary within the brand, stations do charge this fee). I have even used the ATM Cash Advance feature of the card once, it was easy and no fees were added - this feature is of minimal value to me as I have a USAA checking account and they don't charge ATM fees and rebate the fee from the machines that do charge.

I do have a 2nd checking account that I use for TSD but I already had it in place before signing up with TSD.

Lastly, I find the professional truckers very friendly at the pumps whether I am towing or not; one even came back to me as I was filling and apologized in the event he held me up as he needed to go inside for a receipt and to get a cash advance. On one occasion I went back to the trucker waiting on me to let him know I couldn't move forward as there was a truck in front of me - he waved and said no worries.

I do recommend the program. Know you can only use the card at the commercial truck lanes, it will work but no discount on the RV specific lanes or the auto lanes in front of the store. Actually I like going to the truck lanes as the traffic is one way and the truckers are more courteous than the general public.

You can see more info and read about other people's experience on the TSD Logistics Facebook group if so inclined.
                  Jerry, Kathie, &
                  Bo, one giant Lab
                  2019 AF27-5
                  2017 Nash 24M (Sold)
                  2016 F250, 4X4, 6.7L
                  50 gal Titan Fuel Tank
                  Pressure Pro TPMS

Comment

They called me several times about joining and I looked over the application, but declined. Good Sam's Card gets an $.0.08 discount at Pilot/Flying J, but I can usually beat their prices by a lot more than that. I have a 60 gal aux tank and a 38 gal main tank, so I GasBuddy my way to the best fuel stops.
                    AF 27-5L, Onan, auto level, lots of buttons.
                    Ford F-350 diesel dually, Banks Big Hoss, lots of miles

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry and Kathie View Post
                      ... My diesel truck is my daily driver, my savings when not towing and not having size restrictions averages 4% over the traditional stations I would normally use, when towing and having size restrictions I save 16 - 18% off the truck stop advertised price. I mostly use the card at Love's as they have the biggest discount, but have used it at Flying J/Pilot, Petro, and TA. Petro and TA both charged a 65 cent transaction fee (TSD is very open that some, not all and it does vary within the brand, stations do charge this fee). ...
                      Can you determine the cost and saving of using the card before going to a station such as Loves or do you have to buy the fuel and then calculate the savings?
                      2016 Ram 3500 Longhorn: 4X4, Crew Cab, LB, DRW, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, 3.73, Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, Reese 20k Elite Hitch, Amp Bedstep 2, Aero 70 Gal Underbed Fuel Tank
                      2016 AF 27-5L: 10 Cu Ft Fridge, Thomas Payne Sofa w/air Mattress,15K AC, 2" Receiver, Victron Multiplus 3000 inverter with CCGX Color Control panel, BMV 712 Battery Monitor and Smart Solar MPPT 100|50 controller with 610W of Solar

Comment

There are two methods to know the fuel cost before filling.
                        1. TSD is going to issue an EFS, credit card with their name on it. EFS has an app with the discounted price you can refer to before fueling
                        2. TSD publishes an Excel spreadsheet with the current discounted price for each station daily.

i used the EFS app and compare its price to
                        the Gas Buddy app price for others in the area. My original post failed to mention that TSD charges you fee for using their card that is 10% of your savings; for example, in my area Gas Buddy is reporting that Loves is charging $2.429 for diesel, EFS price at that Loves is $2.025. So savings is $.404 per gal. TSD will charge $.04 so total price is $2.065. Gas Buddy is reporting the lowest diesel price in the area is $2.239. If you use their payment card you get $.05 off so the net savings TSD is saving you 12.4 cents per gal.

hope this helps
                        Jerry, Kathie, &
                        Bo, one giant Lab
                        2019 AF27-5
                        2017 Nash 24M (Sold)
                        2016 F250, 4X4, 6.7L
                        50 gal Titan Fuel Tank
                        Pressure Pro TPMS

Comment

Yes, thank you for the information.
                          2016 Ram 3500 Longhorn: 4X4, Crew Cab, LB, DRW, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, 3.73, Auto Level Rear Air Suspension, Reese 20k Elite Hitch, Amp Bedstep 2, Aero 70 Gal Underbed Fuel Tank
                          2016 AF 27-5L: 10 Cu Ft Fridge, Thomas Payne Sofa w/air Mattress,15K AC, 2" Receiver, Victron Multiplus 3000 inverter with CCGX Color Control panel, BMV 712 Battery Monitor and Smart Solar MPPT 100|50 controller with 610W of Solar

Comment

2 more questions: when you go to Loves or Flying J/Pilot, do you go to the big truck pumps or the RV Pumps? Do you pump and then go inside to pay?
                            AF 27-5L, Onan, auto level, lots of buttons.
                            Ford F-350 diesel dually, Banks Big Hoss, lots of miles

Comment

It only works in the truck lanes to get the discount. You can use the card at the truck lanes and don't have to go inside at all. That is another improvement for me as I used to use the truck lanes but most of them do NOT take a normal credit card so had to go inside, leave my card, pump my fuel, go back in and finish the transaction.

-Kyle
                              2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L
                              • 4 pt Auto Level / 15k Single AC / 50 Amp (no Gen)
                              • 3xFantastic Fans / 3xFantastic Covers
                              • Sofa with Air Bed / Dinette / Slow Rise Shades
                              • Factory 2" Receiver hitch
                              • MODS
                                • 195W Solar / Rear Camera / TPS / Flagpole Buddy / BMV-712
                              2015 Chevy 3500 Dually LTZ
                              • Duramax / B&W Turnover w/Companion / 40 Gal transfer tank.

Comment

Working...
                              X