Shore power conversion kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shore power conversion kit

Has anyone with the plastic door access for the shore cord done the conversion going from the attached cord to a plug in style? If so, what kit did you use? I'm looking for ways to remove the plastic door and replace it with a plug. The reason I'm looking to do this is, for some reason on my 2012 30U the toilet water supply is ran through a cabinet that I cant access without moving interior panels or through the shore power plastic door. I have a thread in regards to what to do with this water line for cold weather camping so it wont freeze and burst but, came across these conversions to close off the door and just put a plug there instead.
    The issue I'm having is it looks like most of the kits I am finding are to replace a different style cord opening, which is round and the kit I am finding would cover that perfect. I found a square plug but can't find dimensions to see if it would cover the door opening. I thought about just getting a plate of aluminum and cutting to fit and painting white to match the tt but before I started this task I wanted to ask the group to see if anyone has done this before.

This is what I am looking at:
    https://arizonarvpartscenter.com/fur...onversion-kit/

After we had water intrusion and a melted receptacle and plug I used a piece of stainless steel the same size as the outside cover. Aluminum would be easier to work with. And as you mentioned, I just cut a hole and located where I wanted my screws to be. I changed to the SmartPlug at the same time. In the first photo I was trying to fit the SmartPlug inside the plastic door but it did not fit so I made the plate.

Click image for larger version  Name:	20161118_170040w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	166.3 KB ID:	294292 Click image for larger version  Name:	20161118_174359w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	165.5 KB ID:	294293 Click image for larger version  Name:	20161118_174415w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	169.2 KB ID:	294294 Click image for larger version  Name:	20161118_214948w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	87.3 KB ID:	294296 Click image for larger version  Name:	20161118_210926w.jpg Views:	0 Size:	77.7 KB ID:	294295
    Peter and Fran
    2016 AF 27-5L
    , 50AMP, 4pt leveling, 10 Cu Ft Refrigerator, 15K AC + bedroom AC, Onan 5.5 generator, Progressive Dynamics EMSHW50C, Slide Toppers, TST 507 flow through with repeater, Cadet digital AC heater, 52" ceiling fan LED light, Dirt Devil CV1500 Central Vacuum, water filter system, 480 watt solar charger, 440 AH AGM battery bank, Magnum MS2012 2000 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter/charger, TorkLift steps, SRE4000, 17.5" Alcoa rims, 7k axles

2017 F-450 Super Duty, B&W Companion

Comment

I did much the same conversion with a SmartPlug using an aluminum plate.

Click image for larger version

Name:	75852448-19CB-4929-8A11-7842DD3FDFE4.jpeg
Views:	114
Size:	427.2 KB
ID:	294298 Click image for larger version

Name:	F6047AC6-07E2-455F-9383-F07D0BABBC6A.jpeg
Views:	105
Size:	577.0 KB
ID:	294299
      Steve
      Steve & Brenda and Our Cocker Spaniel Bella
      2017 RAM Diesel Laramie 4x4
      2017 Arctic Fox 25Y, Hensley Arrow

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I figured I would have to make a plate of sorts to cover the hole as I couldn't actually find a kit with anything that would cover the hole. I will post with updates when I get this taken care of. I always seem to be working and for some reason it seems to always rain on the weekends here where we are at.

Comment

Sounds like Saturday is a wet one again.

Comment

Ste & Bre, the rain is getting a little old. Nothing we're not all used to though. It has been really wet at home also, Des Moines area seems to be on the same weather path for rain as where I live in Kansas so if it rains there, it rains here. We were going to take the kids for the trick or treating in the KOA we're at this Saturday but, were probably going to get rained out like last weekend. I hope the moisture subsides before too long and we don't have a really snowy winter too!

Comment

Spring was extremely wet so the corn was in late now we are waiting for it to mature. Rain every few days and cloudy cool weather is slowing everything down. I assume it slows your projects down too.

Good luck winterizing your trailer. I enjoy the modifications. We are planning on heading south with it in January full of water and not winterized.

Comment

The weather does slow the projects down to an extent but, you have to push through as long as it can be done safely. The weather slowed a lot of farmers down at home also but, most have started to harvest already around me. I notice some guys up here taking beans out already while the corn is still green. My brother in law was cutting beans earlier this week.
                I have made a couple mods already to the fox, I still have a few planned though. Waiting for the skirting guy to make it back from SD still. Im thinking it should be in the next couple weeks.
                I added the JT strong arm kit earlier this week and I will say, that made a huge improvement. There is still a little bounce but nowhere near what it used to be. Primarily only now when the kids jump on the couch do you barely feel it and it shakes the tv on the swivel mount but you don't go for a ride in the recliner anymore.
                I have added a keyless lock to the living room door, replaced the air mattress couch with a spring steel tri fold, added some jacks under the main door frame to cut down on the rocking of going up and down the stairs, put in an oxygenics shower head, installed a water purifier on the cold water side of the kitchen faucet and have replaced all the bulbs with led along with replacing the bed with a temperpedic style foam bed. The best one I have done so far was add the factory GMC TPMS to the fox tires. This measures the air pressure and the temp of the tire to watch for spikes in heat to replace the tire before it actually blows. Really smart on GM's part to add this to the factory screen.
                I am wanting to add a fantastic fan in the bedroom still and have been contemplating the care free sun shade for the rear window. I am also going to install the heat strip to the A/C when all the parts come in and replace the thermostat with the back-lit dometic one.

Comment

Working...
                X