This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Northwood Founder Ron Nash passes

I am sad to say that Ron Nash passed this weekend. I am not good at knowing what to say here but am sadden by his passing and that he will be missed.
    Northwood posted it publicly today.

https://rvbusiness.com/northwood-mfg...cted-industry/
    Adam
    2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
    07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
    07 AF31W Mod's
    Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Posted on the Arctic Fox Facebook page - thought it would be fitting to repost here:
    RIP Ron Nash

Elkhorn Media Group ·
    **Updated with funeral arrangement information**
    FOUNDER OF LA GRANDE' RV MANUFACTURER, NORTHWOOD MANUFACTURING, PASSES AWAY.
    (Press release from Northwood Manufacturing)
    La Grande, Oregon-based RV manufacturers, Northwood Manufacturing and Outdoors RV (ORV) have announced that their founder and RV veteran Ron Nash passed away in his sleep early Saturday morning, August 17th. Mr. Nash along with his wife Sherry, started Northwood Manufacturing spawning the iconic RV brands Arctic Fox and Nash among others. Nash then began Outdoors RV Manufacturing in 2009, growing it into a major player in the Western United States and Canada RV markets as well.
    Ron broke away from the mainstream RV community and started Northwood Manufacturing in 1993. Due to his strong vision and passion for the RV lifestyle and the people involved in it, Northwood products quickly became known for their high-quality components and construction. Nash insisted on quality first in a thoughtful, attractive package stating early that his RVs were and always would be, “the pretty one(s) in work boots.”
    In 2010 amidst ongoing health issues, Ron turned over day-to-day management of both companies to his long-time management team but always maintained an active interest in their growth. Craig Orton, CEO of Northwood Investments (parent company of both Northwood Mfg and ORV) stated, “It is impossible to put into words how Ron and Sherry have impacted our local Grande Ronde Valley community economically and culturally not to mention the RV industry as a whole. We will all miss him greatly but his legacy will live on.”
    Northwood Investments CFO Cerise Smallwood went on to say, “We at Northwood and ORV are a family – Ron and Sherry’s family. We are committed to continuing producing the highest quality, most rugged RVs in the marketplace. It was what Ron wanted and what Sherry continues to want. In this way, we will forever sustain his vision and his memory.”
    The funeral is to be held on Friday, August 23rd at 10 am at:
    The Lighthouse Church
    10501 West 1st Street
    Island City, OR – 97850
    The family asks that any condolence offerings be addressed to:
    Loveland Funeral Chapel
    1508 4th Street
    La Grande, Oregon – 97850
    541-963-5022

2019 Arctic Fox 27-5L - 4 point leveling - Onan QG 3600 Genset - 160w Solar - Rear view camera - 4x 6v batteries - Vertamax 3Kw PSW Inverter - RVLock V4 - 4x HossPads RV jack pads - Andersen Levelers - Cacagoo TPMS - Progressive EMS-PT30X - 2002 F-250 Crew Cab Long Bed 7.3L - S&B Cold Air Intake - 4" Bassani X-haust turbo-back system - Air Lift 5k rear bags - SCT tuner - 16k Valley Power Pull hitch - Custom made bed-forward rack with Eide Boat Loader - Klamath 14S Deluxe fishing boat

Comment

I got to meet Ron & Sherry at the Rally in 2011 - Great people. The industry will miss him.
      2019 Arctic Fox 27-5L - 4 point leveling - Onan QG 3600 Genset - 160w Solar - Rear view camera - 4x 6v batteries - Vertamax 3Kw PSW Inverter - RVLock V4 - 4x HossPads RV jack pads - Andersen Levelers - Cacagoo TPMS - Progressive EMS-PT30X - 2002 F-250 Crew Cab Long Bed 7.3L - S&B Cold Air Intake - 4" Bassani X-haust turbo-back system - Air Lift 5k rear bags - SCT tuner - 16k Valley Power Pull hitch - Custom made bed-forward rack with Eide Boat Loader - Klamath 14S Deluxe fishing boat

Comment

Donna & I always enjoyed his smiling face at the rallies.

Rest-In-Peace Mr. Nash....
        Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Very sad news. He will be missed greatly.
          Scott ORHusky 2017 35-5Z AM Solar 610W system, Trav'ler sk-1000, Steady Fast stabilizers, Lippert Level Up 6 point hydraulic leveling, Cummins/Onan 5.5kw 2016 3500 DRW 4X4, AISIN, 373,Crew Cab Granite Crystal, Laramie, B & W Companion.

Comment

Prayers for his family. Hope his companies continue to succeed with making great RVs.
            GMC 2500HD SLT Double Cab 2017 - Arctic Fox 22G 2018

Comment

Shoes that big are hard to fill. Godspeed, Mr. Nash.
              Mark and Anita
              2012 AF 22H dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

Rest In Peace Mr Ron Nash. Many are so grateful for your insight. Condolences to the family and the greater family of Nash/Arctic Fox owners, past, present and future !
                BPofMD - Bud & Penny / Actively Retired Navy Vet
                2005 F250 6.0 - TorqLift Upper Overloads
                2007 Silver Fox 29-E 5th Wheel / Anderson Ultimate Hitch
                2015 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Comment

RIP Ron Nash, a Pioneer I would have loved to have met. His Legacy of great service to his customers is second to none when hearing from those who supported his company for decades with buying many rigs.
                  Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Magnum MSH3012M Inverter/Charger, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000, JT Strongarms

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4, B&W Companion, 40 gal Transfer Flow Tank/Tool Box

Comment

An honorable man. Ron's legacy will live on in every product made by Northwood and Outdoors RV. My wife and I had the pleasure of meeting and talking with Ron and Sherry at two early Northwood rallys (thanks Adam!). I am thankful that we had the chance to personally thank him for the many days and miles one of his products allowed us to enjoy, 48 states over 9 years in a little 2002 AF22G.

RIP Ron.

Bob Cordy
                    Bob and Nancy
                    ======
                    Proud former owners of a 2011 Arctic Fox 25R (2010-2013) and an Arctic Fox 22G from (2001-2010). Current happy owners of Northwood cross-town cousin.
                    ---------
                    2010 Dodge 3500 Laramie Crew Cab SWB, Cummins, 4X4, Snugtop, 1,200#/12,000# Equal-i-zer.
                    Retired: "Twice the husband, half the money"

Comment

What can person say, RIP Ron, an honest man who wanted to make an impact on an industry that sometimes falls short of expectations. Ron Nash has standards that are seldom achieved today by many manufactures and has set a standard that many will never achieve. Gods speed R.I.P and thanks for all the good memories my family has experienced in our Artic Fox because of his vision and standards.
                      sigpic
                      2006- Ram 2500 QC, LB, 5.9L, 3.73, 4X4, Auto, Diamond Eye cat back exhaust, Timbrens, Bilstein 4600's, Tekonsha P3, Reese 16K,
                      2004- AF 29-5E, Honda 2000i, 2 X 145 Watt Solar Panels w/Morningstar 45A Controller.
                      1- 160lb Alaskan Malamute (Kodiak).

Comment

Well just got back home from Ron's service. As you entered they had tables set up with photos of him through out his life and a nice slide show playing with even more photos of his life. During the service several long time friends stood up and shared stories as well as some of his employee's. Listening to them you could tell he was a good friend and so much more then just a employer to those people who worked for him. He touched many people in his life and will be missed. Late afternoon there was a BBQ and got to hear so many more stories. We will miss you Nashman.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ron Nash_000005.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	1.43 MB
ID:	293488
                        Adam
                        2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
                        07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
                        07 AF31W Mod's
                        Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

I'm late to see this about Ron Nash. Haven't been on forum much lately. Sorry to hear of his passing.

Comment

I spent over 50 years as a mechanical designer, with part of it being in manufacturing engineering. While going thru the section as they converted over to aluminum framing I was deeply impressed on the method being used. I saw Ron Nash about that time and we talked about his manufacturing methods as well as his trailer frame style being his own design manufactured at his own plant. Quality in strength and design seemed to be his demands of products that bore his name. His employees that knew him and his style reflected his personality. He deeply impressed me as an engineer and a person.
                            Gary
                            GaryQ
                            2007 29-5T, 125 Solar Panels, Inverter, 5th Airborne Sidewinder Combo, Brake Smart Controller, Michelin 16" XPS RIB tires
                            2001 Dodge CTD 2500, LB, Dana 80 4.10, AirBags, Smarty, DTT Trans w/Smart Controller, Mag-Hyrtec Trans & Differential Covers, 4 inch Exhaust, PacBrake, 60 Gal Tank

Comment

Working...
                            X