Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleep Number Adjustable Bed King Size

We are planning on buying a 29 5T
    We recently purchased a king size sleep number adjustable bed for home use. We would like to know if anyone has ever used their home adjustable base and mattresses in the RV?
    Thanks.
    E Cloudy
    Ellen and Jim
    Anchorage Alaska

Planning to purchase a 2020 AF 29 5T
    2003 Chevy Duramax 2500

We have for the last 5 years. We had to put a piece of plywood on top of the frame that comes in the trailer to provide a solid support for the sleep number bed. Also upgraded the gas cylinders the hold the bed platform in the up position.
    Scott ORHusky 2017 35-5Z AM Solar 610W system, Trav'ler sk-1000, Steady Fast stabilizers, Cummins/Onan 5.5kw 2016 3500 DRW 4X4, AISIN, 373,Crew Cab Granite Crystal, Laramie, B & W Companion.

Comment

Ours is a brand new one in the past few months. Do you mean you also have the adjustable base that lifts the head and feet? Also, excuse the newbie question, but what do you mean on "upgraded the gas cylinders"?
      Thanks.
      Ellen and Jim
      Anchorage Alaska

2003 Chevy Duramax 2500

Comment

We have a sleep number queen size bed that was sold specifically for RVs. Has a couple of features limited like remembering sleep numbers for example after you lower the pressure for travel. Our 27-5l has a plywood platform already so no problem with the base. I only had to drill holes for the hoses. It is much lighter then a standard RV mattress. And the bed lifts easily and stays up no problem. It does move around at bit at times because it has so little weight. Only real issue is you need 110 volt service to manage the air pressure. IE be sure to deflate before you unhook if your using shore power. We have a small inverter that plugs into a 12 volt outlet that we use for boon docking. Honestly, there is no other to have a mattress when both users want a different firmness. We have had no problems at all in 9 or 10 years of use.
        2006 F-350 4x4 shortbed 6.0 liter diesel, 5 speed auto, 3.73 gear, B&D flip over goose neck, Popup RV3, Ford Integrated Brake Controller, TST TPMS, Yamaha EF3000iSEB generator, 2009 AF 27-5L *

Comment

I also have one, I got it in 2014. It is AC so I hooked it up to my inverter so we can do our adjusting. We go from sea level to 10,000 ft. Hehehehe the bed goes from nice to a rock. I used aluminum slats to help instead of plywood. LOVE IT. PS, we have one at home so my bed is already done but the one at home is a King. On the Queen the wife is a bed hog. She doesn’t read this site Hehehehe so I am safe
          Tim & Brenda - 2014 27-5L. 2018 F350 6.7 King Ranch Ford long bed - Viair-Twin 444s, 2, 2 1/2 gal. 200psi tanks. Andersen Ultimate aluminum Hitch. 4~6 T105 Trojans. 3.6 Onan LP Generator. -EU3000is Honda, 500 Watt Xantrex True Sine - Dream Dinette. Winfield Stabilizers - MORryde SRE4000 - Monroe Gas-Magnum Shocks 555025. Fan-Tastic Fans Upgrade all Rooms - Fords onboard TPMs for trailer. Fords backup camera on AF sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ecloudy View Post
            Ours is a brand new one in the past few months. Do you mean you also have the adjustable base that lifts the head and feet? Also, excuse the newbie question, but what do you mean on "upgraded the gas cylinders"?
            Thanks.
            The Arctic Fox uses the “NW TruRest Mattress w/UltraDeck Sleep System” which is a mattress on a web support on a square metal frame that will not has the support that is required for a sleep number bed. We added a piece of plywood on top of the metal frame to provide that support. It add weight to the bed and the gas cylinders that hold the bed open for access to the under bed storage had to be replaced with higher rated with higher rated cylinders to handle the additional weight.
            Scott ORHusky 2017 35-5Z AM Solar 610W system, Trav'ler sk-1000, Steady Fast stabilizers, Cummins/Onan 5.5kw 2016 3500 DRW 4X4, AISIN, 373,Crew Cab Granite Crystal, Laramie, B & W Companion.

Comment

Thank you everyone for your replies. We have not only they type with the adjustable firmness, but the head and feet raise and lower. I am thinking that if weight is not an issue that it should work. We are hoping to do a factory tour this fall prior to buying and should be able to get the final answer then.
              Thanks for the help.
              Ellen and Jim
              Anchorage Alaska

2003 Chevy Duramax 2500

Comment

Our home-based adjustable base weighs about 125lbs per side plus another 20 for the 2 controllers and the mattress weight (inflatable probably much less). I would check to see if the bedroom floor can handle the weight concentrated on 8 posts instead of the stock base which spreads it out over the box sides that hold the current base. No room in our 27-5L anyway.
                2019 Arctic Fox 27-5L - 4 point leveling - Onan QG 3600 Genset - 160w Solar - Rear view camera - 4x 6v batteries - Vertamax 3Kw PSW Inverter - RVLock V4 - 4x HossPads RV jack pads - Andersen Levelers - Cacagoo TPMS - Progressive EMS-PT30X - 2002 F-250 Crew Cab Long Bed 7.3L - S&B Cold Air Intake - 4" Bassani X-haust turbo-back system - Air Lift 5k rear bags - SCT tuner - 16k Valley Power Pull hitch - Custom made bed-forward rack with Eide Boat Loader - Klamath 14S Deluxe fishing boat

Comment

Working...
                X