Fire suppression system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire suppression system

The newest RVTravel newsletter has a short column about the Proteng system with video. I haven’t checked the cost, but it might be a worthy addition next to the fridge or circuit breakers. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ae4NzYfW5X
    Mark and Anita
    2012 AF 22H dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Check these out carefully. I first leaned about them about a year ago from the Big Truck Big RV YouTube channel I follow. He installed them in the engine bay of his truck, outside fridge compartment of his fifth wheel and in his tool box. About a month or so ago he posted the one in the engine bat went off without a fire. This past week he posted the one in his tool box also went off. Both times he was left with a nice mess to clean up.
    Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Magnum MSH3012M Inverter/Charger, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000, JT Strongarms

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4, B&W Companion, 40 gal Transfer Flow Tank/Tool Box

Comment

That is something to consider. The newest video talks about the gas (not gasoline) that squelches the potential fire. Not sure how that works. Perhaps an update to the retardant. Anyway it may be worth investigation. Or not.
      Mark and Anita
      2012 AF 22H dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

Very interesting product, according to the company's web site they us a gas that does not leave any residue to clean up. Not sure of the cost as its not posted but can be quoted via a link to contact the company as it depends on the type and length of unit needed.

Where Do I Find Pricing?

We'll have a representative contact you to determine the system for you. That way, you can rest assured it's been designed and priced properly. We have two types of THIA tubes for different nominal heat scenarios and the length needed is based on the area needing protection
        This video shows how it works on a fridge fire which is the most likely area in a trailer or fifth wheel.

Adam
        2007 Dodge 2500 Megacab 5.9 3.73 4X4 4SPD auto
        07 Arctic Fox 31W-BH 35' Hensley Hitch/Brake Smart Controller - Access site with Desktop win10 machine
        07 AF31W Mod's
        Previous trailer 03 Arctic Fox 29V

Comment

Working...
        X