Fire suppression system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire suppression system

The newest RVTravel newsletter has a short column about the Proteng system with video. I havenít checked the cost, but it might be a worthy addition next to the fridge or circuit breakers. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ae4NzYfW5X
    Mark and Anita
    2012 AF 22H dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Check these out carefully. I first leaned about them about a year ago from the Big Truck Big RV YouTube channel I follow. He installed them in the engine bay of his truck, outside fridge compartment of his fifth wheel and in his tool box. About a month or so ago he posted the one in the engine bat went off without a fire. This past week he posted the one in his tool box also went off. Both times he was left with a nice mess to clean up.
    Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

That is something to consider. The newest video talks about the gas (not gasoline) that squelches the potential fire. Not sure how that works. Perhaps an update to the retardant. Anyway it may be worth investigation. Or not.
      Mark and Anita
      2012 AF 22H dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

Working...
      X