• Show
Clear All

• Awning

I have a 35 5Z and the awing sucks
    I had SOB and had a AE for 17 years
    The other day it was raining hard and it almost broke from nor running off
    I had a small tilt but it still almost broke
    so I donít leave it out

We have the same unit. I always have a 2 hole difference in the arm tilt when itís raining. Seams to work for us in keeping the water from pooling.
    Scott ORHusky 2017 35-5Z AM Solar 610W system, Trav'ler sk-1000, Steady Fast stabilizers, Cummins/Onan 5.5kw 2016 3500 DRW 4X4, AISIN, 373,Crew Cab Granite Crystal, Laramie, B & W Companion.

Comment

I have a 3 hole difference and it seems to drain ok as long as it is fully deployed. If
      I bring it in, say half way, it will collect water.
      Kim + Betsy
      2017 AF 35-5Z
      2017 F450 Lariat

Comment

If I remember correct when I read the manual one end and be on the highest setting and the other on the lowest setting to tilt and drain water. It also states it should not be rolled up with these settings and the most should be the difference of two settings.

Soon after we got ours we were camped during a summer rain shower. I didnít have it tilted and sat under it to watch the rain dump feature. It really does work pretty good. Still itís not something I would trust and leave out if we werenít there.
        Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank, Titan Disc Brakes, MorRyde SRE4000

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Per the Carefree manual (page 4):

The Travel'R arms have 6 pitch adjustment settings from minimum pitch to maximum pitch.

The awning can be extended and retracted in any of these positions without having to reset the pitch between uses.

WARNING: DO NOT SET THE ARMS AT MORE THAN THREE (3) POSITIONS DIFFERENT BETWEEN THE
          SHALLOW AND STEEP PITCH.

DAMAGE TO THE ARMS AND CANOPY CAN OCCUR IF THE AWNING IS RETRACTED WHEN
          THE ARMS ARE SET AT MORE THAN 3 POSITIONS DIFFERENCE.
          Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

The three hole difference works for us in rain, although it is less appealing visually. Honestly the awning gives me anxiety! We never leave camp with it opened up unless we are certain there will be no wind events. Which is basically never. And at the first sound of the awning moving in the wind no matter the time of day or night - I roll her up. Which often means going outside to correct the three hole difference. Awnings have their place for sure - but like I said, I worry about them.

Now, if someone could invent an awning that is made of flexible solar material that could become a giant solar panel that would be something! Or how about an awning with a rain collection system that automatically fills up a water tank with rainwater that could become water to flush the toilet with ?!

Did I just give away two multi-million dollar invention ideas?
            Brian & Christi
            Calgary, Alberta, Canada
            2016 Arctic Fox 24J
            2012 Ford F150 Ecoboost Crew Cab Short Box 4X4

Comment

Working...
            X