Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My beds missing

Hi all,

New to the forum and even newer to RV's. After months of research I purchased a 2006 Nash 21-5R. I started looking at TT but really wanted a 5th wheel, but most were to heavy for my truck( the Nash was just right). Anyway, I've owned now for just a couple of weeks and slowly seeing what it needs. Now the question, one of the previous owners had removed the bed and the platform the bed sits on. Should I rebuild the bed support, or just skip it and place the mattress on the rug? Not sure of the construction of the platform I'm guessing it had some storage underneath? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Nash 2006 21-5R
    2001 Ford 250 2wd 5.4

I'm not sure the 21-5 had a platform for the mattress. Most 5th wheels with that small of an overhang just had a mattress on the floor and maybe a couple of nightstands.
    Ken and Rita Madsen
    2018 GMC 3500 Duramax, 2016 27-5L AF

Comment

They used to have some really unique little trailers. Maybe look into the downloads on this site for 2006 or near there and see what is listed.
      2019 Nash 24B (bunk) located in a city trailer park,
      on PG&E shoulder/peak electric rate...Yikes
      Two 6 volt GC batteries (2019)
      Two135 watt Kyocera solar panels (2013?)
      Blue Sky Systems 30 amp charge controller (2019)

Comment

Originally posted by welding guy View Post
        Cordelia RV had a 21.5 fifth wheel for sale. You might want to look it up on their website and see what pictures they have posted. Their used trailers are in nice shape. They are a high overhead dealer in a high cost area so the prices might be a little higher than you would expect.
        No pics up yet.
        2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
        2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/199...-5R-5006821950
          Fifth picture shows a short stand
          Put it on the floor for now and add a stand later if it feels to low.
          2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
          2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Hammster View Post

No pics up yet.
            Was updating my post and accidently typed over the original. Why this laptop types over original material sometimes and not at other times I haven't figured out...

Comment

Looks like a nice model ........
              https://www.nroa2003.com/download/No...e-pd-10-99.pdf
              2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel
              2017 Arctic fox 27-5l 50Amp 5.5 Gen, 4 6 volt, 450W solar,ARPrv,michelin xps,built in surge suppressor, Tank Heat Pads and 4 Point Leveling System

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

Originally posted by Art View Post
                https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/199...-5R-5006821950
                Fifth picture shows a short stand
                Put it on the floor for now and add a stand later if it feels to low.
                That sounds like a good idea. Thank you all.
                Nash 2006 21-5R
                2001 Ford 250 2wd 5.4

Comment

If you decide to raise it and want the storage underneath.

A square box on the floor with plywood covering it.
                  Put hinges in the plywood at the head of the bed and possibly stuts to hold it open.
                  You might put holes throughout the plywood if you are concerned about mildew.

Post #11 shows how the "current" support is
                  https://www.nroa2003.com/forum/forum...how-to-improve
                  A Couple different pictures on this one
                  https://www.nroa2003.com/forum/forum/message-board/modifications/256366-plywood-under-the-mattress

Randy&Connie
                  bed mod
                  https://www.nroa2003.com/forum/forum...er-bed-storage
                  2018 GMC 3500 SB diesel

My 27-5l Manual

Comment

A lot of great ideas. The Randy & Connie bed storage is a amazing, beautiful work. My space is small, and storage height would be limited to around 4", that is with a 8" mattress.
                    Nash 2006 21-5R
                    2001 Ford 250 2wd 5.4

Comment

I was wrong, it looks like there is a thin platform. I'd put the mattress I wanted to use on the floor and then sit on it. What's left to the top of your head is how high you can make your platform. Access looks like it would be really hard. The only advantage I can see is it may be easier to make your bed with the platform. I think I'd take the easy way out unless I had something thin that I really needed to store there. Nice looking floorplan. Wonder why they quit making them? BTW, welcome to the forum.
                      Ken and Rita Madsen
                      2018 GMC 3500 Duramax, 2016 27-5L AF

Comment

NW dropped a tremendous number of models around the beginning of the recession, it seemed. Maybe they stopped producing low demand models during the boom time right before the recession hit and didn't pull them from the sales brochure. Printed material isn't NW's specialty. My slim owners manual is for all campers, travel trailers, and fifth wheels. Keep in mind, many of the poor selling models might have only been made once a year. If a dealer bought one, sold it after a few months, they would be out for a year. Setting up jigs and making frames for a particular model once a year for 2 weeks isn't overly efficient for a production-oriented business model. Not overly convenient for dealers, either. If the dealer wanted a lineup, including 1 or 2 of each model, they really couldn't depend on getting restocked.

Comment

Originally posted by MtCamper View Post
                          I was wrong, it looks like there is a thin platform. I'd put the mattress I wanted to use on the floor and then sit on it. What's left to the top of your head is how high you can make your platform. Access looks like it would be really hard. The only advantage I can see is it may be easier to make your bed with the platform. I think I'd take the easy way out unless I had something thin that I really needed to store there. Nice looking floorplan. Wonder why they quit making them? BTW, welcome to the forum.
                          Before I purchased my trailer I emailed the factory with the vin# to see if they had a build sheet. Their response was it was built in Virginia and only a couple where made. It went on to say there was a flood and all the records were lost. I guess they gave up the idea of have a factory in VA.

The floor plan works good and having a bunch of windows in the rear does give you the illusion of more space. It's small, but really tows nice.

Nash 2006 21-5R
                          2001 Ford 250 2wd 5.4

Comment

Working...
                          X