Impressed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressed

Recently got our trailer out of winter storage. For the past two weeks I have been cleaning and maintenancing every square inch inside and out. This is our 4th year of being a seasonal full timer. I am so impressed on how our unit has stood up over the years. We have spent three years traveling in New England/Canada and when you get up in the Northwoods the roads can be a nightmare. Normally I only work on the outside, but this year my wife is delayed a bit so I have also gone over the inside. There is not one thing inside that needed my attention. On the outside the biggest issue is simply using some Dicor on the roof.

I have said this before that there are sometimes issues to deal with on new units. But I believe the Northwood quality really shines after a couple years of use compared to SOB's.

Hope this is OK to post this here. I just would like some folks who might be going through challenges with a new unit to know that it could pay off in the long run.
    2016 Arctic Fox 32-5M, 300 watt Zamp Solar Kit, 30 Amp controller, 2 T105 Trojan 6 volts, 5.5 Onan LP Generator, 6pt leveling system, 2nd 13.5k A/C, Slide Toppers, Fireplace, King Bed, Central Vac. Hardwired Surge Guard Model 34560, rear view camera, clear entry door window,

2016 Ford F-450 Lariat. B&W Companion Hitch. Remax Bed Roll Cover, Bed Carpet.

Winter in Florida, traveling during the other seasons.

We've talked to several RV'rs with other brands (especially 'light weight' trailers), that after a couple of years of their light weight frames flexing, their floors, plumbing, cabinets and slides are in need of serious / expensive repairs.

Mr. Nash was wise in building his trailers upon a heavy frame.
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

We have a 2014, 27-5L. We got it in March 2014. We LOVE IT. And yes we have had a few issues. I would do it again. But I would get 50 amp not 30 amp. I LOVE MY Arctic Fox
      Tim & Brenda - 2014 27-5L. 2018 F350 6.7 King Ranch Ford long bed - Viair-Twin 444s, 2, 2 1/2 gal. 200psi tanks. Andersen Ultimate aluminum Hitch. 4~6 T105 Trojans. 3.6 Onan LP Generator. -EU3000is Honda, 500 Watt Xantrex True Sine - Dream Dinette. Winfield Stabilizers - MORryde SRE4000 - Monroe Gas-Magnum Shocks 555025. Fan-Tastic Fans Upgrade all Rooms - Fords onboard TPMs for trailer. Fords backup camera on AF sigpic

Comment

This year is the 18th summer for our Fox! Had it out for two days near home last week--everything worked. The only upgrades in our trailer are a new bathroom sink (something fell out of the medicine cabinet and broke the cheap plastic original) a few years ago and new single handle faucets in bathroom and kitchen. Only two major repairs--one when the hose from the equalizer pressure tank Dave installed next to the water pump came off when the trailer was only a few months old and the other was a spring hanger that broke on washboard forest Service roads. Have never called emergency road service for it--not so on our tow vehicles!
        Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
        2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
        2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
        2018 Prius IV, new December 2018

Comment

I own a 2003 30 u which I bought new. It is still going strong. I used it for several years as a tailgate hq for Duck football games and since 2010 have semi full timed all over the west. I have always kept it undercover. The only problems that I have had was a broken spring and the bedroom slide motor self destructed. I had the front window rock cover replaced at the factory. The oven thermostat was replaced. We took out the free standing dinette and moved the couch forward in the slide and have added some cabinets. I also have added 600 watts of solar and inverter. I carry a Yamaha Generator on a rack on the back of the trailer. I looked at new rigs recently and have decided to keep rolling with this one. I plan on refurbishing the suspension this year and working on some cosmetic stuff.
          2003 Arctic Fox 30u with too many extra's and changes to mention. 2012 Ram 3500, Snug Top Camper

Comment

Working...
          X