Please Visit Our Sponsors

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is There An App Or Website For Pumpout Stations?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is There An App Or Website For Pumpout Stations?

Do all campgrounds have water and pumpout stations? And besides campgrounds are there other places that offer pumpouts and water? As you're travelling how do you know where to go to empty out the black and grey and fill up the fresh water tanks? Is there a website or app that's available that identifies locations? I have a truck camper and don't always stay in campgrounds.

Thanks
    2018 Wolf Creek 850
    2019 Ford F250

If needed, we have used highway rest areas to dump our tanks. Not all rest areas have dump stations. Most states have a transportation authority website that list rest areas and which ones have dump facilities. Allstays.com also lists all rest areas by state.

That said, I would never use a public dump station to rinse or fill my fresh tank.

Sanitation at those dump stations are not to be trusted and even if they are equipped with a fresh water hose, I wouldn't trust where that hose has been / what it's been used for.

I would only trust a RV park or campground with potable water to fill my fresh tank. Many RV parks will allow a transient traveler to dump / fill for a nominal fee.
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

For dump stations, I use the Sanidumps website. They may have an Apple app, but I also use the website on my Android devices.

They have some integration issues with Google maps right now, but it's still usable, and their database seems to be quite extensive.
      2017 Arctic Fox 25Y
      Chassis: Firestone Transforce HT LT225/75-16, Blue Ox SwayPro 1500, EezTire TPMS, BAL 28217 recessed tire carrier, 28K miles
      Electrical: EMS-HW30C surge protector, 600W solar, Victron BMV-712, Victron MPPT 100/50, Victron MultiPlus 3000, Fullriver 415 Ah AGM

2013 Silverado 2500HD LML Duramax, manual 4x4, crew cab, std box, 114K miles

Comment

Hi Baysailor,

Most campgrounds always have water, EXCEPT USFS which is quite frequently turned off fora variety of reasons. When planning to use a USFS CG I always bring extra water. I have noticed some ranger stations have water available, but not sanitary dump. Some towns near popular boondocking areas have dump stations in town at gas stations.

I use 'allstays' which shows dump stations in addition to a variety of campgrounds. It's about $9 from the app store. I boondock mostly, but it's nice to know where a nearby shower and other facilities may be.

Terri
        Terri (USN, Ret.) and AlexDog

2015 Wolf Creek 850
        2005 GMC Sierra 2500 HD 4WD, Timbren SES, Torklift Tiedowns

Comment

A good item to keep around while traveling is a water bandit or water thief. They can help you connect your hose to a healthy water supply spigot that does not have a threaded outlet. A lot of times primitive campground frostproof faucets have spigots without threaded outlets to screw a water hose onto.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Water bandit.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	286683
          2017 Arctic Fox 1150 Wet Bath with Fox Landing, 2.5 Onan genset, 11K AC, Torklift tiedowns, Fastguns, 510 Watts Solar, Victron MPPT, LiFeBlue 300Ah battery.
          Previous 2007 AF 990.
          Previous other brand 5vr.

2007 Dodge Quad Cab 3500, DRW, 4X4, 5.9 CTD, SunCoast 48RE, 4.10 rear, BD exhaust brake, Amsoil oil bypass, Firestone airbags with 1 gallon compressor, Rancho shocks, Stableloads, SuperHitch.

Comment

The water thief also work well to connect a non-threaded hose to your Santi-Flush connection. I keep one in each of the dirty and sanitary water boxes. A couple of hose clamps will help with the tapered water taps which seem to be more and more popular.
            2019 Arctic Fox 27-5L - 4 point leveling - Onan QG 3600 Genset - 160w Solar - Rear view camera - 4x 6v batteries - Vertamax 3Kw PSW Inverter - RVLock V4 - 4x HossPads RV jack pads - Andersen Levelers - Cacagoo TPMS - more to come - 2002 F-250 Crew Cab Long Bed 7.3L - S&B Cold Air Intake - 4" Bassani X-haust turbo-back system - Air Lift 5k rear bags - SCT tuner - 16k Valley Power Pull hitch - Custom made bed-forward rack with Eide Boat Loader - Klamath 14S Deluxe fishing boat

Comment

Working...
            X