Rear Recliner Movement

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rear Recliner Movement

My new 25Y has two recliners in the rear. While traveling they tend move forward and hit the slide or maybe the kitchen counter. Have any of you found a way to secure them while traveling?

Thanks
    2016 Ram 2500 4x4 Laramie
    2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
    2018 Arctic Fox 29L; Traded in
    *2001 Arctic Fox 29V; Sold
    South Lake Tahoe, CA

Our 2016 recliners have a small locking rod on the front-bottom of each chair.

When the rod end is rotated 90 degrees, it locks the recliner from moving / rocking.
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

I found a very simple and inexpensive solution that has worked well for us. I bought a yoga mat at Walmart and put it on the floor under the rocker/recliners. It creates enough friction on both sides to keep itself and the chairs from moving. The only drawback is that the chairs have to be lifted to move them away from the rear wall to recline.
      Jim and Esther

2005 Chevy Silverado LS 2500 HD, Duramax/Allison, extended cab, 8-foot bed, 3.73 posi-traction, AirLift air springs, EezTire T515/SP TPMS, fog lamps, alloy rims, Kenwood stereo

2016 Arctic Fox 25Y, slide out topper, 15k air conditioner, powered scissor jacks, thermal pane windows, swivel rocker/recliners, 300w solar panels, 6v batteries, Blue Ox SwayPro 1500, Progressive Industries EMS-HW30, Krieger 2000 watt inverter

Comment

Ours do the same thing so I am interested in the responses also. I always lock that rod but sometimes it unlocks itself by the next stop.
        Steve & Brenda and Our Cocker Spaniel Bella
        2017 RAM Diesel Laramie 4x4
        2017 Arctic Fox 25Y, Hensley Arrow

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
          Our 2016 recliners have a small locking rod on the front-bottom of each chair.

When the rod end is rotated 90 degrees, it locks the recliner from moving / rocking.
          Thanks for the reply. I found the same rod but the chairs still move forward during travel.
          2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
          South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Calaveras View Post
            I found a very simple and inexpensive solution that has worked well for us. I bought a yoga mat at Walmart and put it on the floor under the rocker/recliners. It creates enough friction on both sides to keep itself and the chairs from moving. The only drawback is that the chairs have to be lifted to move them away from the rear wall to recline.
            Thanks. I will try that. If it is convenient, can you tell me what size to buy? I can't measure my trailer since it is 100 miles away for the winter.
            2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
            South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzer10 View Post

Thanks. I will try that. If it is convenient, can you tell me what size to buy? I can't measure my trailer since it is 100 miles away for the winter.
              24” x 68”. It doesn’t have a brand on it. It’s a thin, spongy rubber material, textured on both sides.
              Jim and Esther

2005 Chevy Silverado LS 2500 HD, Duramax/Allison, extended cab, 8-foot bed, 3.73 posi-traction, AirLift air springs, EezTire T515/SP TPMS, fog lamps, alloy rims, Kenwood stereo

2016 Arctic Fox 25Y, slide out topper, 15k air conditioner, powered scissor jacks, thermal pane windows, swivel rocker/recliners, 300w solar panels, 6v batteries, Blue Ox SwayPro 1500, Progressive Industries EMS-HW30, Krieger 2000 watt inverter

Comment

Calaveras, thanks.
                2018 Arctic Fox 25Y
                South Lake Tahoe, CA

Comment

You are welcome! Safe travels.
                  Jim and Esther

Comment

Working...
                  X