Portable propane fire pit - got one?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Portable propane fire pit - got one?

Thinking about getting a propane fire pit. I know some of you folks have one. What do you like or dislike about it?
    Old, fat, ugly and armed
    2017 Artic Fox 29-5T
    Chevy 2500HD, 6.6 Duramax

LOVE OURS !

We have an Outland 'Mega' Firebowl, bought at Costco last year on sale.

Big enough to put out a good flame in the cold, yet lightweight and fits in the bed of the truck aft of the 5'r hitch. Well built & sturdy. Will last many many years.

Has a long LP hose, to be able to use the trailer's LP tank and be far enough away from the trailer sides. Can also use BBQ size LP tanks.

Ours has lava rocks, other brands have stone type logs (our rocks hold the heat well, can't speak for the logs).

https://www.amazon.com/Outland-Fireb.../dp/B00FWKVGQ0
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

+1 to to Daveís comments. Same story here.
      2015 AF 27-5L, 2016 F-250 Super Cab, 6.7 Diesel, SB, 4x4, Off Road and 10,000lb Payload Package,

Comment

Not like the real thing but nice to have when the camp fire bans are in place every summer. Nice under the awning in the rain though.
        2009 Silverado 1500 HD
        2015 Nash 24M
        4 legged buddy- Sherlock the American Cocker

Comment

I also have the Outland Firebowl 58K btu but I bought the 19 inch version. It puts out a lot of heat and has been very reliable. I like the smaller size and I keep it in the front storage. I also bought the canvas carrying bag for it, and an unregulated hose with quick connect that plugs into either of the external quick connects on the Arctic Fox ( I had an additional one added to the front below the propane compartment). I am going to get another 20ft hose with quick connections, and a short regulated hose. That will give me the option of @ 40ft and drawing from regulated RV quick connect or a portable bottle.
          Steve and Shelley. Minnesota
          2017 RAM 3500 LLH CC 4x4 LB DRW 6.7ctd Aisin 4.10 Air Level aka Shrek
          2018 AF 27-5L, HW50C ems, Maxxis Tires, TST 507, dual AC, tank heaters, Rear Camera, Toppers, 640w Solar, Victron MP 3000 Inverter, MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller, CCGX Color Monitor,BMV702 Battery Monitor
          , 440AH Lifeline AGM, aka Fiona

Comment

Steve I was crawling around under our trailer yesterday (like a beached whale) and spotted a factory plugged tee fitting close to the outfall of the regulated propane. I may well put another quik connect in there also after this trip.
            Old, fat, ugly and armed
            2017 Artic Fox 29-5T
            Chevy 2500HD, 6.6 Duramax

Comment

That's where mine is. Right at the end of that "T" connection. It is much easier to plug in there than in the back. It also gives the ability to have a firepit and barbecue plugged in at the same time. One thing I did is I got a couple of cover bags (sort of like an airplane pitot tube cover) and put them over the quick connects to keep water and dirt off of them. I give them a little spray of TC-11 and then cover them.

I can relate to the beached whale when I get under there. My wife says the noises I make are scaring the neighborhood children.
              Steve and Shelley. Minnesota
              2017 RAM 3500 LLH CC 4x4 LB DRW 6.7ctd Aisin 4.10 Air Level aka Shrek
              2018 AF 27-5L, HW50C ems, Maxxis Tires, TST 507, dual AC, tank heaters, Rear Camera, Toppers, 640w Solar, Victron MP 3000 Inverter, MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller, CCGX Color Monitor,BMV702 Battery Monitor
              , 440AH Lifeline AGM, aka Fiona

Comment

Originally posted by plain ol Bill View Post
                Steve I was crawling around under our trailer yesterday (like a beached whale) and spotted a factory plugged tee fitting close to the outfall of the regulated propane. I may well put another quik connect in there also after this trip.
                Here is what I did with ours.....https://www.nroa2003.com/forum/forum...line-extension

There is another post on putting the access through the skirting which I really like a lot. One thing I still need to do with ours is add some protection from stuff being thrown up to it when traveling. So far Iíve had no issues.
                Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Wow, we just picked up our 2019 AF 27-5L last Friday. During the walk-through, the joker who showed is around was so uninformed I had to explain to him that the 170w solar panel was not above the bed on the right side but on the left above the main slide, the converter was not behind the distribution panel but behind the grill next to the pantry, yes, you can retract the awning with different extensions on each end, no, the tires should not have 60psi - s/b 80, the list goes on. After 10 minutes we simply ignored everything he said and went about our examination based upon Adam's PDI checklist and left him to try and figure out why he couldn't get the back-up camera to work (not plugged in to the truck - he was about to grab a new one until I explained that the running lights had to be on). Amazingly the only fault we found was the the inspection hatch in the connections center was stuck (sloppy with the black sealant - fixed with a knife) and we took it home the same day. I am now waiting for the Winegard G3 and the Vertamax PSW 3kw inverter to arrive and we will be ready for a shakedown cruise.
                  Dick & Suzanne
                  2019 Arctic Fox 27-5L - 4 point leveling - Onan QG 3600 Genset - 160w Solar - Rear view camera - 4x 6v batteries - Vertamax 3Kw PSW Inverter - more to come - 2002 F-250 Crew Cab Long Bed 7.3L - Air Lift 5k rear bags - 16k Valley Power Pull hitch

Comment

Working...
                  X