Height of Nash and Arctic Fox WITHOUT Air Conditioner

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Height of Nash and Arctic Fox WITHOUT Air Conditioner

Still researching what trailer we are going to buy, and want to store it next to our house on a long gravel pad. But.....the corner of our roof overhangs just a bit on one side....

Was wondering how tall the trailer is without the air conditioner? Can anyone help me out???

thanks.......kr

If I understand correctly, you wont have trouble with the AC height unless you can get a couple feet under the overhang. You might worry more about the vents, rack and ladder, and such along the tt roof edge.
    Mark and Anita
    09 Tundra with engine, exhaust, and tires; 2012 AF 22H and some hitching stuff I paid too much for; old Schwinn bike now gone and new Cannondale Quick in its place, Honda 110 (now licensed, but not running), case of cheap red wine, bag of Cheese Curls, and a hammer or two (one rusty).

Comment

If you decide to omit the air conditioner from a trailer, it may be an issue, when you try and resell it ... even in Oregon.

You may also change your mind, and want / need air in the future.

Might be cheaper to order the A/C unit, then have it removed (keeping it in you possession), so you can reinstall it at a later date. That way, all the wiring, breaker connection and thermostat will be installed and ready to go.
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Ive measured our 27-5L at the high point which is he bathroom vent cover. Due to some tunnels and bridges Ive seen in Oregon pointing the noted clearance height to an area near the fog line I have also measured the area just above the entry door which is about 12.
        Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

I clearly worded by first post poorly!!! Just the passenger side of the trailer is in jeopardy of hitting our overhang, and was wondering how high the trailer is.

All of the height measurements on the website and brochure, include the air conditioner!! I am guessing they are about 15" tall, if so, I can figure it out.

I may have to head down to measure one just to be sure!!!

Thanks to all who responded....just a dumb question.

kr

Comment

Originally posted by Ruebens View Post
            I clearly worded by first post poorly!!! Just the passenger side of the trailer is in jeopardy of hitting our overhang, and was wondering how high the trailer is.

All of the height measurements on the website and brochure, include the air conditioner!! I am guessing they are about 15" tall, if so, I can figure it out.

I may have to head down to measure one just to be sure!!!

Thanks to all who responded....just a dumb question.

kr
            No dumb questions on this forum...

We have a 29-5T 5th wheel, and the highest spot measures at 13'-6" (bathroom roof vent cover).

Most RV heights measure at 13'-6" max. Most states limit maximum vehicle heights between 13'-6" & 14'-0".
            Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Thanks Dave!!!

Comment

So you're thinking bumper pull? One thing to consider is one of those motorized trailer movers. They can snake a trailer into places you can't believe and really aren't that spendy. Roof overhangs are always a problem. It's real easy to not look up.
                Ken and Rita Madsen
                2018 GMC 3500 Duramax, 2016 27-5L AF

Comment

Thanks Ken....Ya, trying to decide between the 25Y and the ORV 26RLS......we have a steep driveway, but plenty of room on our side yard to store it, but the overhang is about 11 feet up from the ground, and sticks out about 2 feet.....I can still get around it if the trailer is too tall, but it would be dicey!

Comment

The back of the widest bay (about 45' long), in our covered parking was a little short in height for our 26N. Since it was gravel, I lowered the ground a few inches for the back 10 feet or so and now it is good. Just something to consider if it works in your spot.
                    2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 68,000 miles. Added Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera, ScanGauge II.
                    2018 Nash 26N. 540W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners,
                    2015 Nash 17K Previous

Let's Go Geocaching!

Comment

My 2010 AF25R was 10.5 feet tall with the AC.
                      2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD Dually 6 liter Gas, DC, LB, 4.10's, 2016 AF 990

Comment

Also............Is your driveway nearly level with your side yard parking? Will your TT be up higher at back end when backing in to hit gutter/roof overhang before parked?
                        Neil and Marilyn and Beamer (feline)
                        2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Tires: 275/75R18 125/122 3640 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.

2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, TST 507 TPMS w/Color, Sailun Tires G rated, 2 Smart Tool 2000's, Titan Disk Brakes.

Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most :-)

Comment

Working...
                        X