What were they thinking?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obie311
    started a topic What were they thinking?

What were they thinking?

Does anybody else have a unit with a charging station located directly above the propane gas range? Since about 85% of surviving and thriving in life is common sense, how could a company (presumably with engineers or designers) come up with such an idea?

• nwtraveler
    replied
    Originally posted by nwtraveler View Post
    This falls under the "what were they thinking?" category. On my rig there is NO escape window in the bedroom.
    The closest one is just outside the bedroom door, RIGHT NEXT TO THE REFER, which is probably one of thee
    top causes of fires in an RV. Next best escape route is through the bathroom AND right next to the escape window/
    refer, to get to the exit door. Not sure if that is up to code.
    Latest models now have escape window in bedroom.

Leave a comment:

• Art
    replied
    I would welcome this in the kitchen but in that corner would not be my first choice.
    I have been using a small inverter that we already had to grind coffee and doing this by the TV is kind of a pain but haven't made up my mind on big inverter or installing a outlet in the kitchen.

I boil water on the stove and do a pour over

I have thought about a 12V hot water pot but not before I install a outlet in the kitchen.

Leave a comment:

• welding guy
    replied
    Hard to say if that is a factory install or not. Being so close to the 12 volt wires going to the hood, maybe a previous owner tapped the wires for a quick install. Do some people use 12 volt coffee pots?

Leave a comment:

• obie311
    replied
    Here you go. Charging ports are sure handy but next to the stove top??

Leave a comment:

• nwtraveler
    replied
    This falls under the "what were they thinking?" category. On my rig there is NO escape window in the bedroom.
    The closest one is just outside the bedroom door, RIGHT NEXT TO THE REFER, which is probably one of thee
    top causes of fires in an RV. Next best escape route is through the bathroom AND right next to the escape window/
    refer, to get to the exit door. Not sure if that is up to code.

Leave a comment:

• obie311
    replied
    Hmmm.... Maybe I have the only one. It looks like a factory install. I am the third owner. I'll have to post a picture later just for grins. ;<)

Leave a comment:

• RocklinDave
    replied
    I don't see a charging station in that location, in the current 29-5K model ... and looking at 2014 models for sale photos, don't see a charging station near the stove.

Did you buy your AF new or could a previous owner have placed one there?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X