Any 28.5C Owners Yet?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any 28.5C Owners Yet?

We are going to be in the market for a new fiver and am considering the new 28.5C. But there is a single dealer in Texas and while they will order one for me they do not plan to get one for their inventory. The closest one I have found in stock is in Arizona, a bit of a distance to travel when I still work close to full time.
    I am most interested in a couple of points:
    1. Is the television fully visible the full width of the couch?
    2. Can the refrigerator be accessed with the slide in?
    3. Can the bath be accessed with the slide in?
    If anyone has purchased a 28.5C or at least been in one I would be interested in your thoughts.
    2018 F350 DRW 6.7 Powerstroke
    2006 Arctic Fox 29-5T

We looked at the 28-5C last year. I think the only difference now is the table. We did not go with it largely because the fridge was not accessible with the slide in. The bath is accessible. I can't remember the TV but the island would be the problem. We went with the 29-5T and love it. The new AF with the MorRyde steps would be a deal killer for us do to our storage area.

c
    Bob P
    2008 Ford F350 Super Cab 6.4 PSD 4x4
    2018 AF 29-5T

Comment

Originally posted by phillips1970 View Post
      We did not go with it largely because the fridge was not accessible with the slide in. The bath is accessible. I can't remember the TV but the island would be the problem. We went with the 29-5T and love it. The new AF with the MorRyde steps would be a deal killer for us do to our storage area.
      We saw the new 28-5C at the 2018 rally, very nice 5th wheel. We also noted that the refrigerator and cooktop/oven are not accessible when the main slide is in.

Since we often spend a night at a rest area / truck stop while traveling and putting the slide out is not an option, that would make the kitchen mostly unusable.
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post

We also noted that the refrigerator and cooktop/oven are not accessible when the main slide is in.

that would make the kitchen mostly unusable.
        I was afraid of that. How about the television? Does the island block the view?
        2006 Arctic Fox 29-5T

Comment

Originally posted by txshirle View Post
          I was afraid of that. How about the television? Does the island block the view?
          Sorry, when I saw I couldn't access my popcorn & ice cream...... I didn't pay attention to the television.
          Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Well I can certainly appreciate your priorities and can't say I disagree, though cold beer would likely be in my list.
            2006 Arctic Fox 29-5T

Comment

Go over to Facebook and look for the Arctic Fox RV Owners page. There is at least one 28.5 owner over there. Post your questions there.

Bill

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1197059330313648/search/?query=28.5c
              Bill, Mary, and Scottie
              2015 RAM 3500 Crew Cab, Long Bed, 6.7 Cummins/Aisin, SRW, Hensley BD-3 Hitch
              2017 AF 27-5L
              http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/719790.png

Comment

Working...
              X