New member questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member questions

Hello all, this is my first post here after lurking for a bit.

My wife and I are in the process of purchasing our first travel trailer and after months of research and tire kicking we have decided on an Arctic Fox 25w. After looking at many different brands and models nothing came close to the AF.

We are in Long Island ,NY and our closest dealer is in Pa about 4 hrs away. We went to the dealership and decided on the 25w instead of the 25y. Both my wife and I fell in love with the elegant truffle interior and got all the info to purchase a 25w with the elegant truffle interior, A week after our visit we secured financing and were ready to put our deposit in and finalize our order. The dealer than informed me that the sofa and dinette colors had changed and the tan leather from this point on will be unavailable and replaced with a grayish colored materiel called Houghton doeskin. The other brown choices are now going to be Carver chocolate. I called Northwood and inquired about the change was told that the new colors are going into the trailers from that point on and that there was some questions about what was going to happen with the window and door treatments on new units. The 25y is now shipping with the new colors and the old window and door treatments which clash. The dinettes now don't have decorative back cushions and the L shaped trim on the outer edges are still the old colors and don't match the seating surfaces.

Fast forward a few weeks and we are trying to figure out our best plan as we love the warm tan leather of the elegant truffle and really dis like the new doeskin color. I have reached out to a couple of dealers with left over 25Ws with the elegant truffle interiors and have been getting quotes that are more expensive than the 2019 price we got from our dealer. These dealerships are also on the other side of the country and will require very expensive shipping and a lot of unnecessary miles on our new trailer.

What do you guys feel would be our best option? We are looking into the new Carver chocolate but are not sure what will happen with the rest of decor when the trailer ships.

Another option is to order the elegant truffle minus the sofa and dinette cushions and try to find a match. Northwood miraculously has no idea what the Lippert/Thomas Payne equivalent to elegant truffle is or any extra pieces to purchase at the factory.

Thanks all, sorry for the book size first post
    Joe

Welcome to the forum, Joe. Being a holiday weekend you may not get many replies today, but youíve come to the right place. I wonít insult you by guessing, so I will only say that thereís bound to be someone here with a similar experience.
    Mark and Anita
    09 Tundra with engine, exhaust, and tires; 2012 AF 22H and some hitching stuff I paid too much for; old Schwinn bike now gone and new Cannondale Quick in its place, Honda 110 (now licensed, but not running), case of cheap red wine, bag of Cheese Curls, and a hammer or two (one rusty).

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7504.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.7 KB
ID:	281391 Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7503.jpg
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	281390 Click image for larger version

Name:	web (14 of 25).jpg
Size:	826.9 KB
ID:	281392 Click image for larger version

Name:	web (12 of 25).jpg
Size:	655.1 KB
ID:	281393

Comment

Originally posted by ProfQuinn View Post
        Welcome to the forum, Joe. Being a holiday weekend you may not get many replies today, but youíve come to the right place. I wonít insult you by guessing, so I will only say that thereís bound to be someone here with a similar experience.
        Thanks for the reply.
        Above I posted the new and the old pics, these were from a 25y that was just being finished at the northwood plant. Oddly enough when looking at the 25y on rvtrader to see the new colors some of the 25Ys have the large sliding rear window while a dealer has pics of a new 25y with different rear window with only a small operating panel at the bottom.

Are they just using what ever they have laying around? I also wasn't thrilled to have it explained to me with "products are subject to change without notice" being said a few times by the factory rep. This is a substantial purchase for my wife and I and hate to think there will be surprises when the unit arrives.

Thanks again,
        Joe

Comment

The difference in windows may be the standard ones vs. the thermal version.
          Mark and Anita
          09 Tundra with engine, exhaust, and tires; 2012 AF 22H and some hitching stuff I paid too much for; old Schwinn bike now gone and new Cannondale Quick in its place, Honda 110 (now licensed, but not running), case of cheap red wine, bag of Cheese Curls, and a hammer or two (one rusty).

Comment

Originally posted by ProfQuinn View Post
            The difference in windows may be the standard ones vs. the thermal version.
            I think you might be correct, I don't think I have seen any of these trailers with the single pane windows yet.

Joe

Comment

Originally posted by jnslprd View Post
              Oddly enough when looking at the 25y on rvtrader to see the new colors some of the 25Ys have the large sliding rear window while a dealer has pics of a new 25y with different rear window with only a small operating panel at the bottom.
              I've never seen a partial opening window on a newer Northwood trailer & the new 25Y trailer brochure shows a full opening slide rear window.

Do you have that photo? Perhaps it's another RV brand and was posted by the dealer by mistake?
              Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!

Some thoughts Iíll break into a few areas. On the sofa if I was able to order it without one I would no matter what the colors. Many on this forum and others talk about the improvement on something like a Lazy Boy

On the dinette, I might be tempted to take what they are putting in just so itís useable when you get it. A good local upholstery shop can easily make changes. If the local shop would be able to get to your work soon after you take delivery then I would order it without the cushions.

For the window treatments the same upholstery shop should be able to handle them also. In ours we removed the curtains which we like better. In our house we have only shades so the trailer is similar. Some day we may change the valances but for now itís livable.
                Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post

I've never seen a partial opening window on a newer Northwood trailer & the new 25Y trailer brochure shows a full opening slide rear window.

Do you have that photo? Perhaps it's another RV brand and was posted by the dealer by mistake?
                  Here are the pics I saw.
                  Prof Quinn is most likely correct, they are probably non thermal pane windows.
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	5b86fd51787f636b693a5078.jpg
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	281413 Click image for larger version

Name:	5b86fd510b08ae454e674293.jpg
Size:	142.9 KB
ID:	281414

Comment

Here are the pics I saw.
                    Prof Quinn is most likely correct, they are probably non thermal pane windows.
                    I didn't know NW installed those mini rear-opening window on new trailers ---- I stand corrected.

The large opening rear window was a big selling point, when we selected our unit.

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolland View Post
                      Welcome to the forum!

Some thoughts Iíll break into a few areas. On the sofa if I was able to order it without one I would no matter what the colors. Many on this forum and others talk about the improvement on something like a Lazy Boy

On the dinette, I might be tempted to take what they are putting in just so itís useable when you get it. A good local upholstery shop can easily make changes. If the local shop would be able to get to your work soon after you take delivery then I would order it without the cushions.

For the window treatments the same upholstery shop should be able to handle them also. In ours we removed the curtains which we like better. In our house we have only shades so the trailer is similar. Some day we may change the valances but for now itís livable.
                      Thanks for the warm welcome.

We were thinking the same thing about getting a sleeper sofa at a furniture store and upholstery to match for the dinette. Not sure what the rest of the interior will be come build time, factory rep said window treatment will be different when the 25Ws are built.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post

I didn't know NW installed those mini rear-opening window on new trailers ---- I stand corrected.

The large opening rear window was a big selling point, when we selected our unit.
                        The large opening rear window is awesome, can't see why they would change it. That is also the new Carver chocolate on the chairs in the Y pic.

Comment

The large opening rear window is awesome, can't see why they would change it. That is also the new Carver chocolate on the chairs in the Y pic.
                          The single pane -vs- thermal pane windows, may be from different manufacturers.

Comment

We wanted and ordered one color scheme, but circumstances resulted in us getting something different. After three years of ownership not once was/has this been an issue for us.
                            2016 Arctic Fox 32-5M, 300 watt Zamp Solar Kit, 2 T105 Trojan 6 volts, 5.5 Onan LP Generator, 6pt leveling system, 2nd 13.5k A/C, Slide Toppers, Fireplace, King Bed, Central Vac. Hardwired Surge Guard Model 34560.

2016 Ford F-450 Lariat. B&W Companion Hitch. Remax Bed Roll Cover, Bed Carpet.

Florida based

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Corthell View Post
                              We wanted and ordered one color scheme, but circumstances resulted in us getting something different. After three years of ownership not once was/has this been an issue for us.
                              Thanks Dave.
                              I am hoping I can just order one of the brown interiors, as I am not a huge fan of the doeskin. I am sure after a bit we will not even notice as the trailer is really nice regardless of 2 pieces of furniture.

Thanks everyone

Comment

Working...
                              X