29-5T with slides in

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 29-5T with slides in

When the slides are in, how much clearance is there to get past the kitchen peninsula to the front of the trailer? I presume in the BR the bed butts up against the dresser. Any other noticeable aggravations of accessing things with the slides in? Is the monitor panel accessible to turn on water pump?
    2007 Itasca Horizon, 2012 Wrangler "toad", 2015 GD Solitude, 2017 Ram 3500

We have a 2016 29-5T.

There is plenty of clearance to walk around the island and the couch area, with the slide fully retracted. The only items that are not fully accessible are the television, fireplace (if equipped) and the cabinet area above the television. We are able to open the forward slide window and reach through it, to partially access the upper cabinets if need be.

With the bedroom slide retracted, the foot of the bed almost touches (within inches) the front of the dresser. We can't walk around the bed, but we can still raise the mattress and access the under bed storage. The closet and vertical cabinet next to the closet, are still accessible, but have to crawl over the bed.

The monitor panel is in the entryway, always accessible. There is also a pump switch in the bathroom, in case you forget (middle of the night) to turn on the switch in the monitor area.

We made sure we could access the stove, cook-top, air conditioner / heater, sink area, refrigerator and bathroom, with the slides in, before we purchased the 29-5T.
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Thanks I was hoping that was the answer. Important for us too.

Comment

Originally posted by chunker View Post
        Thanks I was hoping that was the answer. Important for us too.
        Oh I forgot, one of the two (the one farthest from the door) recliners is not usable with the main slide retracted (the rear slide wall traps that one recliner in the corner).

We are able to use the recliner nearest the door and the sofa (and the chair / sofa raising foot-rests) with the slide in.

Since we are known to frequent rest areas, truck stops, pull-outs, etc. on our travels between parks, it was important to be able to utilize as many comforts as possible, when not being able to extend the slide(s), and for lunch stops.
        Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Thank you, your travel style sounds much like we do. Spent a few nights along I-10 in rest areas in a parallel park mode that might be a few feet from the trucks "next door". That and lunch stops we want to access the essential parts of the trailer. I figured one of the recliners might have a slight issue.

Comment

Working...
          X