Update and 32A repairs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update and 32A repairs

I can't find the post where I had stated my front Cap looked like there were fractures in it but here is the update. My unit had to go back to the dealer to have seals replaced, to look at the rear door not closing right and debris on my roof that look like it was pushing up under the material along with some other items we could not fix.

The dealership looked at the Cap and had someone come out to give an estimate to fix and repaint thinking it was just superficial cracks in the gel coat. The shop said that they could not guarantee that it would not crack again and worried about matching the paint. Dealership called Northwood regarding this problem and Northwood reached out to the manufacturer and it is a defect they will be replacing the Cap. This should take place in the fall when we are done with our trips.

The roof Northwood would not fix at this point, but stated that they will warranty the roof for the length of time that we own it.

The rear door nothing can be done. To adjust it at this point would mean exposing more holes since the middle of the door bellys out (sides)and shrinking it would cause more problems then cure. So we live with it.

Tail lights hold water dealer sealed lights to prevent leaking (we will see if this works)

Bubbles in decal are a mute point since Cap will be replaced.

Grab bar was cracked so it was replaced.

Table base (foot) was defective new base was ordered but came in cracked so they rebuilt the foot base from other parts. I'm fine with that providing it looks good.

Bathroom door was order hubby wants to install it.

Stabilizer bar was bent it's being replaced. Made noise when we picked it up,now we know why.

Seals I'm confused as to whether or not they were replaced. The D seal under the ward was cut and hubby put Duct tape on it so that water would not get in until we could get it in for service. They stated it was loose and fixed it. I just sent pictures to show it was cut. The seal was ordered and is there. So I am waiting to see what the verdict is.

The rest I will keep you up to date as we are informed. We pick our unit up next Sat.
    TV: 2016 F250 4X4 3.55 SC, LB, LARIAT 6.7 DIESEL W/ARE Utility Cap and Airlift Ultimate Plus airbags with wireless compressor ProPride Hitch

AF Silver Edition 2018 32 A:
    Slide out toppers with Alumaguard, Alumaguard Main Awning, 24" TV Bedroom, 15K Low Profile air w/ducting, Fantastic fans, Power Scissor Jacks, Slow Rise Night Shades, Holding Tank Heat Pads, Fireplace, 50 Amp Service, 2 Cross Stitch Swivel Rocker Recliners, Rear View Camera, LP 2nd air, 2" Receiver

As others have posted over the years --- Northwood stands by it's warranty (and beyond in your case).
    Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Working...
    X