TPMS for 27-5L

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TPMS for 27-5L

We have the TPMS on our F350 Superduty 6.7 SRW 4x4 KR and thought it could be added to the Arctic Fox but find that is not true, too short and not mods available. If any of you have this configuration, what, if any, type of TPMS have you used?
    2018 F350 SD CC 6.7 diesel King Ranch SRW, short bed ultimate package, Goodyear 275/70R A/T, 75 gal Transfer Flow tank in bed, 2 hitch, TPMS, 4x4, spray in bedliner.

(ordered) 2019 AF 27-5L, 50amp, old steps, 15k a/c, Honda 2200, 200amp solar w/inverter, B&W hitch, removed couch 2 recliners, 4pt leveling, 10cu refer.

We have the Ford trailer camera & trailer TPMS on our 27-5L. We had to buy aftermarket parts from Nichols Manufacturing and Welding to make it work with a fifth wheel.

2017 Ford F-350 XLT SC LB 6.7L Diesel 4x2 SRW
    2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L w/slide-out toppers, 15K AC, bedroom fan vent w/remote/tstat/rain sensor, powered sliding stab jacks, 50 amp service, 2" receiver hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, LevelMatePRO, Ford trailer camera & trailer TPMS

Comment

cobbfmly: what parts did you have to purchase to make the TPMS work? Thanks.
      2018 F350 SD CC 6.7 diesel King Ranch SRW, short bed ultimate package, Goodyear 275/70R A/T, 75 gal Transfer Flow tank in bed, 2 hitch, TPMS, 4x4, spray in bedliner.

(ordered) 2019 AF 27-5L, 50amp, old steps, 15k a/c, Honda 2200, 200amp solar w/inverter, B&W hitch, removed couch 2 recliners, 4pt leveling, 10cu refer.

Comment

We purchased the Nichols Straight Harness & Mounting Box Kit. If you want to be able to use the TPMS with any type of trailer, you need to buy the Nichols Y-Harness & Mounting Box Kit and a second 7/12-Pin Connector Plug. We also bought enough Harness Spiral Wrap to bundle the 7 pin and 12 pin harnesses together.

We mounted the TPMS receiver under the batteries. There are holes in that area that are perfect for this. We then used screw down wiring harness clips to run the harness up the front of the fifth wheel using the screws in the frame of the front compartment. We used adhesive wiring harness clips to run the wiring harness from the top of the compartment to the king pin box. The clips were purchased at a hardware store.

We had Les Schwab install the TPMS sensors. They also checked the tire balance at the same time.

2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L w/slide-out toppers, 15K AC, bedroom fan vent w/remote/tstat/rain sensor, powered sliding stab jacks, 50 amp service, 2" receiver hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-HW50C, LevelMatePRO, Ford trailer camera & trailer TPMS

Comment

Thanks for all your information. Just heard that Nichols might be out of business-is that true?

Comment

Originally posted by olyshed View Post
            Thanks for all your information. Just heard that Nichols might be out of business-is that true?
            I found a post on Ford Truck Enthusiasts from yesterday from a person who ordered from Nichols and was expecting the delivery from them today.

Comment

Guess the straight harness has been discontinued so trying to call them today and see what can be done. What size thickness and diameter of arctic fox valve stem...having problems getting specifics to work with
              Ford.
              ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by olyshed View Post
                Guess the straight harness has been discontinued so trying to call them today and see what can be done. What size thickness and diameter of arctic fox valve stem...having problems getting specifics to work with
                Ford.
                ​​​​
                The stems that came with the Ford TPMS and camera kit fit the factory wheels on our 2018 27-5L.

Comment

Thanks again for all your assistance!

Comment

Here are photos of how we installed the Ford trailer TPMS equipment.

Comment

Here is a photo of the harnesses wrapped toghter.

Comment

One more try at getting the rotated photo.

Comment

I have used Tireminder which monitors tire pressure and temperatures systems for 9 years with great satisfaction on my previous trailers. When I got the 2018 Arctic Fox 27.5 5th wheel my wife insisted I get a newer system. I got their TM-77 with a booster as I was getting interference from other wireless systems. The new system works better than I expected and now allows me to monitor the tires on the three trailers I own with out having to change sensors from trailer to trailer( it only took more sensors). The old Tireminder has been retired to my 1999 Miata.

I have also installed a wireless four camera back up system from Tadi Bros. Two cameras are on the back. One is for the rear hitch area and the second is for approaching traffic. The other two cameras are for each side of the trailer which truly eliminates a blindside while backing.
                          2016 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLT CREWCAB 4X4 LONGBOX DURAMAX ALLISON HENSILY BD1 TRAILER SAVER 5TH WHEEL
                          2018 ARCTIC SILVER FOX 5TH WHEEL 27.5 DREAM DINETTE TOPPERSon Living/Dining and Ward Alumaguard Main AwningLow Pro AC w /Ducting 4 Holding Tank Heat Pads 4 Point Powered Leveling & stab jacks 4 Tadi Bros Wireless Back Up Cameras Zamp Solar ZS-10 AW Controller Goodyear Endurance ST 235/80R Load Range E TIREMINDRES for pres & temp.

Comment

Cobbflmy: You have been a tremendous help. Love this forum!

Comment

This is how I am doing mine, still working on it. Just got the TPMs done today. I still have a few things to work out
                              Tim & Brenda - 2014 27-5L. 2018 F350 6.7 King Ranch Ford long bed - Viair-Twin 444s, 2, 2 1/2 gal. 200psi tanks. Andersen Ultimate aluminum Hitch. 4~6 T105 Trojans. 3.6 Onan LP Generator. -EU3000is Honda, 500 Watt Xantrex True Sine - Dream Dinette. Winfield Stabilizers - MORryde SRE4000 - Monroe Gas-Magnum Shocks 555025. Fan-Tastic Fans Upgrade all Rooms - Fords onboard TPMs for trailer. Fords backup camera on AF sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X