Need framing info. 2003 30u

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need framing info. 2003 30u

Does anyone have a framing diagram for a wood frame 2003 30U. I checked with Northwood and they no longer have them. I am planning on installing a ClimateRight Air conditioner which will required cutting holes in the area to the right of the bedroom door in the front of the trailer. https://climateright.com/climaterigh...-heater-2.html
    2003 Arctic Fox 30u with too many extra's and changes to mention. 2012 Ram 3500, Snug Top Camper

I think a diagram may be difficult to come by. You may have to map it out yourself with a stud sensor and drill a small exploratory hole on the inside to start.
    Tony
    2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab LB DRW 6.7 Cummins/Aisin 4.10,
    Curt Q24, 2015 Kawasaki Teryx 4 LE,
    2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox,
    Four Cats and yes they travel with us.

Comment

I agree about the diagram but I figured it was worth a try. I am going to have to upgrade my stud sensor to a more current model. Thanks for the reply.
      2003 Arctic Fox 30u with too many extra's and changes to mention. 2012 Ram 3500, Snug Top Camper

Comment

Hea ramduk,

I'm curious on how you will be using the ClimateRight Air Conditioner? Looks like a nice unit.

Supplement to the OEM roof unit(s)? Is it for use boondocking? Full-timing use? Is it going to be kept outside and ducts fed inside?
        Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

After moving from Oregon to Texas we have found that the single a/c is not enough to cool the bedroom. I don't have room for an additional roof air due to my solar panels and upgrading the electrical from 30 amp to 50 amp would be another challenge. A 13,500 btu would be too much anyway. These units work well on small trailers and other small building so I thought I would give it a try. I think it would work well boondocking as it pulls a little less than 7 amps. The unit is set outside and the ducts are installed to the inside. It will require about two 3 1/2" diameter holes. They have a kit that is used on tear drop trailers to seal the holes when not in use.

Comment

Originally posted by ramduk View Post
            After moving from Oregon to Texas we have found that the single a/c is not enough to cool the bedroom. I don't have room for an additional roof air due to my solar panels and upgrading the electrical from 30 amp to 50 amp would be another challenge. A 13,500 btu would be too much anyway. These units work well on small trailers and other small building so I thought I would give it a try. I think it would work well boondocking as it pulls a little less than 7 amps. The unit is set outside and the ducts are installed to the inside. It will require about two 3 1/2" diameter holes. They have a kit that is used on tear drop trailers to seal the holes when not in use.
            Makes perfect sense --- Please post some photographs when completed.
            Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Working...
            X