weep hole covers for 27-5L

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weep hole covers for 27-5L

we have had enough air leaking through our weep holes - esp. the one to the right of the sink - to blow out a lighter..... wanting to get weep hole covers for all the windows but am uncertain what type/size/style is best. have any of you added these? did they help? can you suggest a brand/size? thanks much!!

Could Google "Rv Window sash weep cover with your size" people say the size is spot on.
    I see packages of 10 are about $5
    2019 AF 27-5L Alumaguards Awnings all three, 3.6 Onan, Auto leveling, 160 Amp solar panel, WiFi, receiver hitch, etc...
    2007 Silverado 2500HD Classic CC/SB D/A
    EFILive, TranGo Jr. Firestone Air Bags, Rancho RS9000XL shocks.

Comment

I just purchased new weep hole covers for our 2008 25P from this place and they fit perfectly. Nice people and very good service.

https://www.pellandent.com/Motorhome...889&Return=306

Russ and Jane
      2008 Arctic Fox 25P
      2015 2500HD Crew Cab Duramax
      Roto Chocks, Trojan 145's, Honda 2000, Reese Straight Line Dual Cam, Maxxis M8008 ST, TST 507 Color

Comment

Originally posted by quiettraveler47 View Post
        we have had enough air leaking through our weep holes - esp. the one to the right of the sink - to blow out a lighter..... wanting to get weep hole covers for all the windows but am uncertain what type/size/style is best. have any of you added these? did they help? can you suggest a brand/size? thanks much!!
        Wow, I didn't even know this could be a problem. I will have to go out to the Fox and check it out. I love this forum. Always learning.
        2005 Dodge Diesel 3500: 5.9L Cummins Turbo-Diesel, 3.73 4WD 4SPD SRW, quad cab, long bed, B&W Companion Hitch. Rebuilt tranny, PakBrake Exhaust Brake, PakBrake Airbags w/ Wireless remote fill.

2017 Arctic Fox 27 5L: 4-Point Leveling System, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 30amp surge protector, Slide-Toppers, 2" Receiver, TPMS TST 507, ARP Controller, Sailun G rated tires.

Comment

Is your trailer new or many years old? Have the windows always leaked air, or is this something new?

Be cautious in covering / blocking the exterior window weep-holes. You may cure one issue, but cause another.

Weep-holes serve a vital function and disrupting water exiting the holes, could cause future damage to the sill and/or wall.

I would examine the window seals for air intrusion (enough to "blow out a lighter") first, before modifying the weep-holes.
          Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Use these and you are asking for trouble. If you block the water drainage, where is the water to go? Those drain holes are there for a reason.
            Tony
            2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab LB DRW 6.7 Cummins/Aisin 4.10,
            Curt Q24, 2015 Kawasaki Teryx 4 LE,
            2013 Artic Fox 29-5T Silver Fox,
            Four Cats and yes they travel with us.

Comment

Originally posted by tdeperte View Post
              Use these and you are asking for trouble. If you block the water drainage, where is the water to go? Those drain holes are there for a reason.
              Some people’s thoughts on weep hole covers.
              “The weep hole cover helps keep road noise down, creates a suction that drains the water more efficiently from the window tracks, and keeps out wind and noise”
              ” Weep hole covers over weep holes, which still allow them to drain. Some think they help keep wind noise out, others think they simply look spiffier”
              2019 AF 27-5L Alumaguards Awnings all three, 3.6 Onan, Auto leveling, 160 Amp solar panel, WiFi, receiver hitch, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by Rvn4me View Post
                “The weep hole cover..... creates a suction that drains the water more efficiently from the window tracks, and keeps out wind and noise.”
                I think I might have to see the double blind study on this!
                2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 68,000 miles. Added Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera, ScanGauge II.
                2018 Nash 26N. 540W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners,
                2015 Nash 17K Previous

Let's Go Geocaching!

Comment

If one is in a motor home and driving down the road, weep hole covers may cut down road noise, but in a TT or 5th wheel does one care? They serve a purpose to allow moisture in window track from condensation to drain. Guess one can cover and then know they need to wipe out moisture in tracks as needed, which I think many do anyway. I think I do. I'll remind myself with upcoming trip. Then I'll give a report on "What would Smokey do" :-)
                  Neil and Marilyn and Beamer (feline)
                  2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Tires: 275/75R18 125/122 3640 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.

2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, TST 507 TPMS w/Color, Sailun Tires G rated, 2 Smart Tool 2000's, Titan Disk Brakes.

Of all the things I've lost. I miss my mind the most :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post

I think I might have to see the double blind study on this!
                    Your thoughts?

Comment

After owning our unit, I just use sunglasses to cover my weep holes.

Comment

"After owning our unit, I just use sunglasses to cover my weep holes." Good one. Made me laugh!
                        Preston & Teresa
                        Traveling dogs: Jerrica and Riley; Stay at home watch cats: Grayboy, Blackie and Magic
                        2018 Arctic Fox 27-5L with Slide Out Toppers; Alumaguard Main Awning, 15K Low Pro Air Conditioner; Holding Tank Heat Pads; Fan Vent w/Remote/Tstat/Rain Sensor - Bedroom; 50 Amp Service; 4 Point Leveling System; Cross-stitch sofa; 2 " Receiver.

2015 Silverado 3500 DRW Diesel

Comment

I do the same. My eyes water sometimes now for no explainable reason. Guess it's a getting older thing? No unit required.
                          2015 Chevy 2500HD LTZ Duramax 6.6L 4x4 Double Cab LB, 5th Spring, Ride Rite Air Bags, Tires: 275/75R18 125/122 3640 lb rated, 40 gal Transfer Flow Aux Tank.

2016 Arctic Fox 27-5L, Progressive EMS HW30C Surge Protector, TST 507 TPMS w/Color, Sailun Tires G rated, 2 Smart Tool 2000's, Titan Disk Brakes.

Comment

We used black electricians tape in the track in our old Nash. It did the trick.
                            Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
                            2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
                            2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
                            2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab 244K mi. SOLD 7/20/17

Comment

OH, Thank you Linda. Back on subject! :-) So, could it be if you want to cover weep holes, you need to remember to take a small towel and wipe any moisture out of tracks, as needed. I believe I do anyway in AM's, if needed. Big deal! Bottom line is you do not want moisture going where it's not wanted. Weep holes are there for a reason, and purpose not to be ignored.

Comment

Working...
                              X