Cold weather performance - proven!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. Yeah I don't have that.
    2018 27-5L, Heavy-Duty Ram 3500 pickup, Ram Boxes, 6.4 Bed, Cummins 6.7L Turbo Diesel. Reese Sidewinder Hitch. Retired FAA, NY ATC.

Comment

I have a 2016 Desert Fox 21sw and each holding tank cover under the camper has multiple wires barely sticking out of the bottom connected with wire nuts and slathered with silicone. I can only imagine that this is some sort of heating option but I do not have any switch within the camper (unless it's hidden somewhere). If these wires are for tank heat pads or pipe and valve heaters, how do they work? If they are not for any kind of heating pads, what would they be for? I really haven't had much luck calling or emailing the factory but I would like to know how this system works.

Comment

Originally posted by Co Wapiti View Post
        I have a 2016 Desert Fox 21sw and each holding tank cover under the camper has multiple wires barely sticking out of the bottom connected with wire nuts and slathered with silicone.
        Those wires are for troubleshooting the tank level indicating system.

2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
        2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammster View Post

Hammster, thanks so much for solving my mystery even though I wish they were heating pad wires.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammster View Post

I knew that that was what they were for, had to ask to find out, but seeing as how the level indicators
            really don't work all that well I wonder why you would really need to "troubleshoot" them.

Just being facetious.
            2017 AF 35-5Z
            2017 F450 Lariat

Comment

Originally posted by nwtraveler View Post

I knew that that was what they were for, had to ask to find out, but seeing as how the level indicators
              really don't work all that well I wonder why you would really need to "troubleshoot" them.

Just being facetious.
              FWIW, we are finding ours on our 22G working just fine. Black tank can be sometimes a bit flaky, but after a thorough cleaning of the tank the indications are plenty accurate.
              2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
              2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Working...
              X