Prescription meds to Canada

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prescription meds to Canada

We will be entering Canada for a few days in a couple of weeks. Are there restrictions on prescription meds we take with us? I have a sheet on food restrictions but don't see pharmaceuticals addressed.
    Bob P
    2008 Ford F350 Super Cab 6.4 PSD 4x4
    2018 AF 29-5T

You can bring your prescription meds into Canada with no problems. They should be in their original containers with the pharmacy label.
    2017 Arctic Fox 25Y
    Chassis: Firestone Transforce HT LT225/75-16, Blue Ox SwayPro 1500, EezTire TPMS, BAL 28217 recessed tire carrier, 26+K miles
    Electrical: EMS-HW30C surge protector, 600W solar, Victron BMV-712, Victron MPPT 100/50, Victron MultiPlus 3000, Fullriver 415 Ah AGM

2013 Silverado 2500HD LML Duramax, manual 4x4, crew cab, std box, 112K miles

Comment

We just got back from a week in Canada and there is no problem, as Yabbut stated, original containers with label showing they are for your personal use.
      BigSky520
      2017 ArcticFox 25R
      2008 5.7L 4x4 Toyota Tundra Crewmax

Comment

The several times we've recently entered Canada (and back into the USA) while towing our AF, we've only been asked about weapons, firearms and pepper spray.

We had a list ready with our medications / foods / alcohol, but never once did a border officer ask about medication, drugs, alcohol, meats, vegetables, fruits, cheese, etc.

I'm sure if I wasn't traveling with my lovely innocent looking wife, I would have been subjected to a cavity search in the middle of the highway .
        Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Many of us travel with canine or feline family members. Most of us know we should carry a veterinarian's certificate of vaccination for each.

I've traveled to and through Canada many times always receiving courteous and professional treatment except the time almost 30 years ago when we entered at Blaine/Langley and handed over a receipt proving I had checked a semi-automatic pistol for storage at Bellingham and showed a loaded magazine. That resulted in a complete search of truck and trailer. After the search we were allowed to continue and nothing was confiscated but it was not a nice welcome.

I've received rude treatment and been forced to toss food items by US Customs officials when returning to the US several times.
          Harvey Barlow
          USN Retired
          Glade Springs, WV
          2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab & Chassis, Cummins ISB6.7 Aisin CM Flatbed BrakeSmart Transfer Flow 223k miles
          2011 Arctic Fox 26X LT245/75R16LRE tires (SOLD)
          2012 Unnamed 10' Slide-In Truck Camper

Comment

Harvey’s story reminds me of Steinbeck’s Travels with Charley. He was turned away at the Canadian side trying to cross into that country because of his dog’s lack of vaccination certificate, then was interrogated for some time trying to get back into the US by customs, even though the portals were within sight of each other.
            Mark and Anita
            09 Tundra with engine, exhaust, and tires; 2012 AF 22H and some hitching stuff I paid too much for; old Schwinn bike now gone and new Cannondale Quick in its place, Honda 110 (now licensed, but not running), case of cheap red wine, bag of Cheese Curls, and a hammer or two (one rusty).

Comment

Working...
            X