Oregon Coast-Boondocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oregon Coast-Boondocking

Looking for suggestions for boondocking between Brookings and North Bend and then North Bend to Astoria?
    Thanks Pete
    Pete & Pam
    2015 GMC 3500 SRW Duramax, Long Bed CC.
    2017 AF 27-5L, 10 CF Frig., 4 Point Leveling, 2 Fantastic Fans, 15K AC, Tank Heat Pads, 2 100 watt solar panels with 2000 watt inverter, 4 6VB-440 amp, B & W Companion Slider.

I've seen mention made of people camping off the logging roads in the coastal USFS lands. The sites were just plain ugly but it was the best they found. Sites were just muddy wide spots on the logging roads and took a lot of searching to find those. And this fellow is sleeping in a Suburban not towing a RV

I took a look at Freecampsite.net found almost nothing other than a very few parking lots and such.
    James and Cindy Kramer
    Arctic Fox 25Y 2016-2012 Ford F350 4WD
    Fulltime starting summer 2020

Comment

This may not be what you are looking for, but one of our favorite places is Quosatana Campground. A forest service campground about 14 miles up the south bank of Rogue River at Gold Beach. Good paved road all the way. Not free, but reasonable especially with annual pass. No hookups. Also I have seen people boondock on river bank of Rogue river near Lobster Creek bridge also near there, but usually we enjoy the campground.
      https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/rogu...69584&actid=29
      Wayne & Eolyn
      2020 Arctic Fox 27-5L Grande Ronde "Windswept Serenity" 15K Air, Cross Stitch Sofa, Rear Camera, Wifi Extender, 4 pt. Auto Leveling, Curt #13703 2 in. receiver hitch
      2012 Ford F-350 6.7 SB SRW King Ranch 50 Gal. TransferFlow (under bed fuel tank), Reese 16k Slider

Comment

DucksFan Wayne - How is the access? Are many of the sites large enough for back in units like ours. I assume you have had your 27-5L in there? Thanks!

Edit: I see it says RVs of all sizes so access and site size must be good. Although two reviews said maximum length is 30 feet. I did not find anything about FCFS vs reservations?
        2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 80,000 miles. Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera on 26N, ScanGauge.
        2018 Nash 26N. 900W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners and Kitchen Counter Wall,
        2015 Nash 17K Previous

Comment

Originally posted by Will View Post
          DucksFan Wayne - How is the access? Are many of the sites large enough for back in units like ours. I assume you have had your 27-5L in there? Thanks!

Edit: I see it says RVs of all sizes so access and site size must be good. Although two reviews said maximum length is 30 feet. I did not find anything about FCFS vs reservations?
          The road up the south bank of Rogue River is a fairly good two lane highway but is curvy and slow in spots.
          The entry and campground are paved. There is an entry driveway that is steep but really no problem. It is first come first serve, so you do have to pick and choose your site from what is available. When we camped there last, we had a 31 ft. Hitchhiker fifth wheel and found that maybe half the sites were large enough for us. I think almost all back in sites. Of course you have to unhitch and park tow vehicle along side. Cell service may be a little sketchy, don't really remember. We loved it there. Hope that helps.
          Wayne & Eolyn
          2020 Arctic Fox 27-5L Grande Ronde "Windswept Serenity" 15K Air, Cross Stitch Sofa, Rear Camera, Wifi Extender, 4 pt. Auto Leveling, Curt #13703 2 in. receiver hitch
          2012 Ford F-350 6.7 SB SRW King Ranch 50 Gal. TransferFlow (under bed fuel tank), Reese 16k Slider

Comment

Yes - Thank you!
            2001 F-350 V-10 4X4 CC 80,000 miles. Larger Transmission Cooler, Rear View Camera on 26N, ScanGauge.
            2018 Nash 26N. 900W Solar, 2nd Bathroom Medicine Cabinet, Progressive Industries EMS, Two Recliners and Kitchen Counter Wall,
            2015 Nash 17K Previous

Comment

Originally posted by DucksFan View Post
              This may not be what you are looking for, but one of our favorite places is Quosatana Campground. A forest service campground about 14 miles up the south bank of Rogue River at Gold Beach. Good paved road all the way. Not free, but reasonable especially with annual pass. No hookups. Also I have seen people boondock on river bank of Rogue river near Lobster Creek bridge also near there, but usually we enjoy the campground.
              https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/rogu...69584&actid=29
              Thanks that is good info and I think that would work well.
              Pete & Pam
              2015 GMC 3500 SRW Duramax, Long Bed CC.
              2017 AF 27-5L, 10 CF Frig., 4 Point Leveling, 2 Fantastic Fans, 15K AC, Tank Heat Pads, 2 100 watt solar panels with 2000 watt inverter, 4 6VB-440 amp, B & W Companion Slider.

Comment

Working...
              X