Camping Trip Will Be Cut Short

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camping Trip Will Be Cut Short

We have a particular National Forest Camp Ground we have been staying in since 1998, never missed a year. We always stay at least 25 to 30 days no problems. The Forest Service could care less how long you stay but now WESTrek the concessionaire taking care of CampGround has decided to crackdown on rule of no more than 14 days in a 30 day period. I can live with that but this CG has 63 sites and in all the years we've camped there I've never seen more than 15 sites occupied. There were times the Camphost and us were the only ones in the CG, if it were busy I would be more understanding I guess. We always try and stay there the last month it is open so they have sort of took us by surprise. We were very close friends with previous Camp Host but not the last two . Just found this out yesterday so that's why I am venting.
    Thanks For Listening,
    Bill
    Bill & Gloria
    2013 27-5L, B&W Companion, Reese 5th Airborne and Tri-Metric TM2025RV Battery Monitor. Honda EU2000i, Wired Rear View Camera. 2002 F350 7.3 Diesel, 6 Speed, LB, 4X4. To Many Mods To Even Talk About. US Navy Retired. NO NFL FOR ME.

Some among us live to make and enforce rules on the rest of us regardless of reason. Often those people create or justify their jobs by making rules for the rest of us. I try to avoid that type of people and locations as much as possible.
    Harvey Barlow
    USN Retired
    Glade Springs, WV
    2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab & Chassis, Cummins ISB6.7 Aisin CM Flatbed BrakeSmart Transfer Flow 223k miles
    2011 Arctic Fox 26X LT245/75R16LRE tires (SOLD)
    2012 Unnamed 10' Slide-In Truck Camper

Comment

Sounds like some bow-tie wearing pencil pusher, who's never camped, in an office somewhere, made a blanket decision --- instead of listening to end users & giving the hosts some discretion.

We've seen our favorite local USFS campground go downhill, when it switched from Forest Service supervision / reservations, to private vendor services.

There's no comparison between local ranger run campgrounds, and that of a corporation headquartered in Los Angeles, Chicago or New York.
      Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD: SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T: Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Dual-Pane Glass, Slide-Toppers, 50amp Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Well, about 30 years ago soon after starting in the insurance biz we had a seminar, one segment was on etiquette. Things like which side to put your name tag on, polish your shoes, open the door for someone else, etc. Towards the end after a bit of discussion the presenter said, “Oh, one more rule.....if you know the rules you can choose to break the rules, the important thing is to know the rules!”. I think you should share that with the new outfit running the campground..
        Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

REMF's.
          '15 Arctic Fox 35-5z,
          following a '15 F-350

Comment

I am afraid that the days of the Ranger run CG is gone, our Government prefers to farm things out to people who have no idea what they are managing. I know the regional manager for the concessionaire and have talked with her on the phone several times and yes some of your assessments of this person are right on the money. Having been close friends with the Camp Host we did get some insight on the ends and outs of a FS CG Concessionaire and it boils down to money. So I have to ask myself, will making me a paying camper move out due to the 14 day limit make them any money if no one fills the void? I am not the only one affected by this as there are several more campers who enjoyed extended stays at this CG, all of coming and going on different dates. We know two couple that actually spent the entire Summer there.
            I feared this would happen when the two best Camp Host we have ever ran across left this area and will no longer Host up this way again. So here's to you Rusty&Beverly and Murphy the Iris Setter dog, long may you Host.
            Bill
            Bill & Gloria
            2013 27-5L, B&W Companion, Reese 5th Airborne and Tri-Metric TM2025RV Battery Monitor. Honda EU2000i, Wired Rear View Camera. 2002 F350 7.3 Diesel, 6 Speed, LB, 4X4. To Many Mods To Even Talk About. US Navy Retired. NO NFL FOR ME.

Comment

That's the problem with a campground run by a government bureaucrat or their concessionaires - they have no profit incentive so they probably prefer having fewer or no campers on the property. No campers lightens their work load.
              Harvey Barlow
              USN Retired
              Glade Springs, WV
              2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab & Chassis, Cummins ISB6.7 Aisin CM Flatbed BrakeSmart Transfer Flow 223k miles
              2011 Arctic Fox 26X LT245/75R16LRE tires (SOLD)
              2012 Unnamed 10' Slide-In Truck Camper

Comment

Working...
              X