Please Visit Our Sponsors

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado Suggestions probably SW of Denver.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Colorado Suggestions probably SW of Denver.

We have a couple weeks planned in September to camp near Silverton Co where my wife and family camped each year while she was growing up. My step son lives in Denver and we would like to camp a couple days maybe 1 to 1 1/2 hours from Denver so he can come join us and the grandparents for a bit. We like to rustic camp the more quite the better. Do any of you happen to have a few favorites to share? We would need to get a 30' TT and truck into it. We like to be near lakes or creeks.

Thanks!
    James, Kim & the Goldendoodles (Lucy & Regan)
    2012 Ford F250 XLT CC SB 4x4 6.7 ARE Topper and Decked Drawer System
    2013 Arctic Fox 25Y (1250# tongue weight with mods)
    Bridgestone Duravis R250 LT245/75-16 w/TST 507 internal sensors
    Blue Ox Sway Pro 1500 w/Reese Titan Weight Dist Shank

Mods 4-6v battery bank and 500w solar

Last September we stayed at Pike Peak RV Park in Manitou Springs. The proximity to where a cousin lives in Colorado Springs and a few other places we wanted to visit while there. As for a place to camp, well it's an RV Park so your neighbors are close by. Amenities of the park wasn't our top choice.

if you are anywhere close to Seven Falls, I highly recommend spending some time to take it in. We also took the Cog Railway up Pike Peak which we really enjoyed. As you probably know, lots to see and do in that area. PM me if you'd like more info.
    Rolland & Judie, 2 Shelties, Cozmo & Brinkley

2016 AF 27-5L, 4 pt Leveling, Dual Pane Windows, 10 Cu Ft Fridge, 15K AC, Central Vac, Progressive Dynamics hard wired EMS, Slide Toppers, 2 Fantastic Vents & Covers, TST507s, 480 Watts Solar Charger, 440AH AGM Battery Bank

2005 Chevy Silverado 3500, Duramax/Allison, Crew Cab LB 4x4 B&W Companion

Comment

Cheyenne Mountain SP on the south edge of Colorado Springs approx 80 miles from Denver full hook up and a beautiful night view of CS. We stayed there 2 years ago in September and the park was only about half full, very quiet. Lots of turkeys and deer in the cg
      Gordon-Mary Anne Sunny-Radar Rescue Dogs 2018 Arctic Fox 25W 2-12 volt Interstate Deep Cycle 2015 Chevrolet Crew Cab LTZ HD 2500 D/A 4x4 3.73 Leer Cab High Camper Shell Honda EU2000ia
      Equal-i-zer Hitch 1000 lb bars 2017 Days Camped 81 Miles Towed 9,851 Total Days 292 Total Miles Towed 29,983 sigpic

Comment

Those sound nice, but we would be quite happy in a nice forest service campground or even a nice boondock site as long as we can fit in ok with a 30ft trailer.

Comment

Take a good long look at Ridgway State Park just north of Ridgway, CO.
          We stayed there two years ago. Planned for 3 days and wound up staying 8.
          Good sized sites with Elec & Water.
          Beautiful views of the mountains and Ridgway Reservoir.
          Mary and John Mosher
          2009 Arctic Fox 29-5T, 3.6 Onan LP Generator, Steadyfast stabilizers, Portable Solar: Go Power! GP-PSK-120
          2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD EXTC LTZ Z71 4X4, 6.6L Duramax / Allison, PullRite #4400 SuperGlide
          Travels with Mary & John & Foxy: http://mandjandfoxy.blogspot.com/
          Avatar is La Vita Pass, Colorado, June 2015
          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Another one to check out is Lottis Creek Campground near Almont, CO and Crested Butte / Taylor Park.
            Not sure who runs it - I believe it's the Forest Service
            That one has electric and water is available.
            Good sized sites pretty deep in the trees.
            Mary and John Mosher
            2009 Arctic Fox 29-5T, 3.6 Onan LP Generator, Steadyfast stabilizers, Portable Solar: Go Power! GP-PSK-120
            2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD EXTC LTZ Z71 4X4, 6.6L Duramax / Allison, PullRite #4400 SuperGlide
            Travels with Mary & John & Foxy: http://mandjandfoxy.blogspot.com/
            Avatar is La Vita Pass, Colorado, June 2015
            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

I will look into those. We will spend most of our time at South Mineral Campground near Silverton. That is where they used to camp each year. Lottis Creek could work out as it is closer to the Denver area for a night or two with my stepson before heading home. Does anyone have feedback on the Pike National Forest area?

I appreciate the help!

Comment

Working...
              X