New to boondocking!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to boondocking!

Anyone boondocks in the Lakeview area of Oregon? I would like to check out this area on a few rock Hunting trips. The plan is to start out with 2 to 3 nights in a row in an area with town services within 20 to 30 miles. After the boondocking stay the plan is to park at a RV park for a few days prior to heading out again to repeat. We are looking for specific legal spots to set up boondocking camps that have already been "check" out by someone. We have a 30U with an overall length of 33 feet. Hope that isn't to limiting. Once we get our feet wet we may become a bit more adventurous. We would like locations in the general vicinity of recognized rock hunt areas. Does anyone know of any RV boondocking clubs or organizations? Thanks.
    Gordon,Patrice,+Champ(Yellow Lab).
    Snapshot 2015: 1240 miles 3 sites 18 nights
    30U/2010AF, ProPride(1,400#WD), Prodigy,
    F-350,03,6.0/Dsl,Fx4,auto,CC,SB,3.73,Man.Hubs,46gal.*
    RETIRED:NAVY/Aviator/Capt.(21+)+Civ.Atty.(28)
    Without recourse there are no rights.

Google "Plush Sun Stones". http://www.blm.gov/or/resources/recr...c_brochure.pdf This is one site for information. Plush is a wide spot in the road--fuel and basic groceries but not much more..Road is good. There are commercial sun stone operations and a public site. Not much for RV parks--there are some outside of Lakeview. I think there are places to dry camp. This is the access road to Hart Mountain Antelope Refuge--good day trip. Do some research first--interesting country. Dave and I went over there for several years on an Oregon Hunters habitat project.
    Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
    2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
    2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
    2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab 244K mi. SOLD 7/20/17

Comment

We boondock 90% of the time. We prefer it. We can stay out about 10 days without finding a place to dump and fill with water.
      Jeanann
      2016 Artic Fox 29 5K
      2014 Dodge 3500 Diesel

Comment

Working...
      X