Ninilchik, Alaska - the MUD Report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ninilchik, Alaska - the MUD Report

We spent a relaxing week & quiet week in NINILCHIK, Alaska. The updated travel blog to includes a really good BEAR story!

mud-on-the-tires.blogspot.com/2018/08/ak-ninilchik-30-jul6-aug-2018.html

We are currently in Cooper Landing & head to Seward tomorrow. After that we stop briefly in Anchorage & then begin a 2 week long, 2,400 mile migration to Montana.

Enjoy the last few weeks of summer!

Arleen & Shawn

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ninilchik AK8-1 Aug 2018.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	491.4 KB
ID:	280500
    Our little home set up at Scenic View RV Park in a field of Fire "Flower" with a great view of Mount Redoubt across Cook Inlet.

Name:	Ninilchik AK18-3 Aug 2018.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	824.2 KB
ID:	280501
    Arleen caught the biggest salmon AGAIN this week

Name:	Ninilchik AK18-3 Aug 2018b.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	776.8 KB
ID:	280502
    Fishing the beautiful Kenai River
    Shawn & Arleen
    Retired Air Force weather forecasters, Full-timers since May 2011
    2011 Arctic Fox 29V, 2010 Dodge Ram 2500

Travel log: http://mud-on-the-tires.blogspot.com/

We don't stop playing because we grow older, we grow older because we stop playing.

As usual, I enjoyed your blog entries. I had to catch up on the July one as I missed it when recuperating. We have been many of these places but not for any length of time. So nice to see your gret pictures!
    Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
    2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
    2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
    2018 Prius IV, new December 2018

Comment

Great pictures and nice fish Arleen! I am looking forward to catching up on your blog tomorrow with my coffee. What's that gizmo attached to your ladder?
      Steve and Shelley. Minnesota
      2017 RAM 3500 LLH CC 4x4 LB DRW 6.7ctd Aisin 4.10 Air Level aka Shrek
      2018 AF 27-5L, HW50C ems, Maxxis Tires, TST 507, dual AC, tank heaters, Rear Camera, Toppers, 640w Solar, Victron MP 3000 Inverter, MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller, CCGX Color Monitor,BMV702 Battery Monitor
      , 440AH Lifeline AGM, aka Fiona

Comment

Arleen & Shawn,

We really enjoy reading about your Alaskan adventures. Many of the same places you have visited recently, reminded us of our trip last year.

Your current trip has given us several ideas for next year's return trip to Alaska.

Be safe and happy travels,

Dave & Donna
        Travel Blog: www.rocklinroamers.wordpress.com

2015 Chevrolet Silverado 3500HD:SRW, Duramax / Allison 6.6L Turbo-Diesel, Extended Cab, Long Bed, 4x4, Reese 16K Hitch, 50gal In-Bed Fuel Tank (85 gals total)

2016 Arctic Fox 29-5T:Six-Point Leveling System, Fireplace, Two A/C's, Two Honda EU2000i Generators, TST "507" Tire Monitoring System, King-Size Bed, Progressive 'Hard-Wired' 50amp Surge Protector, 16gal Water Heater, Slide-Toppers, Power-Reel, 'G Rated' Sailun Tires.

Comment

Originally posted by RocklinDave View Post
          Arleen & Shawn,

We really enjoy reading about your Alaskan adventures. Many of the same places you have visited recently, reminded us of our trip last year.

Your current trip has given us several ideas for next year's return trip to Alaska.

Be safe and happy travels,

Dave & Donna
          I’m glad to hear we inspired you & gave you a few ideas. We only have a more places to visit.

This summer has flown by!

Shawn & Arleen

We don't stop playing because we grow older, we grow older because we stop playing.

Comment

Originally posted by mnSteve View Post
            Great pictures and nice fish Arleen! I am looking forward to catching up on your blog tomorrow with my coffee. What's that gizmo attached to your ladder?
            Steve & Shelly, Enjoy your coffee & the blog tomorrow. There’s a good bear story. It’s best not to read it before heading into the woods.

The thing attatched to our ladder is a Davis Weather observation sensor. We have to get our geek on!

Arleen & Shawn

Shawn & Arleen

Comment

Linda, we’’re glad you enjoyed the blog. We hope the recuperation is going well!

Hugs, Arleen & Shawn
              Shawn & Arleen

Comment

Ummm, I detect a tad of Photoshop fishing. Just a guess unless Arleen was using the biggest fly in the box...LOL.
                2015 AF 27-5L, 2016 F-250 Super Cab, 6.7 Diesel, SB, 4x4, Off Road and 10,000lb Payload Package,

Comment

Originally posted by TangoChuck View Post
                  Ummm, I detect a tad of Photoshop fishing. Just a guess unless Arleen was using the biggest fly in the box...LOL.
                  Nope, no photoshop shenanigans. She’s really that good!

When are you headed out for your big trip?

Shawn

Shawn & Arleen

Comment

Originally posted by mud-on-the-tires View Post
                    The thing attatched to our ladder is a Davis Weather observation sensor. We have to get our geek on!
                    Well of course... I should have guessed:

"Retired Air Force weather forecasters"

Steve and Shelley. Minnesota
                    2017 RAM 3500 LLH CC 4x4 LB DRW 6.7ctd Aisin 4.10 Air Level aka Shrek
                    2018 AF 27-5L, HW50C ems, Maxxis Tires, TST 507, dual AC, tank heaters, Rear Camera, Toppers, 640w Solar, Victron MP 3000 Inverter, MPPT 150/85 solar charge controller, CCGX Color Monitor,BMV702 Battery Monitor
                    , 440AH Lifeline AGM, aka Fiona

Comment

Originally posted by mud-on-the-tires View Post

Nope, no photoshop shenanigans. She’s really that good!

When are you headed out for your big trip?

Shawn
                      Well, now I know who the real fisherperson in the family is...kudos Arleen. We leave Sept 4, return Oct 3. Hope the dadgum fires are at bay. Looks OK for now. Hope we half have the good times you guys feel having
                      2015 AF 27-5L, 2016 F-250 Super Cab, 6.7 Diesel, SB, 4x4, Off Road and 10,000lb Payload Package,

Comment

Working...
                      X