Denali National Park, Alaska - The MUD Report

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denali National Park, Alaska - The MUD Report

We spent a week in Cantwell, Alaska to explore DENALI National Park & the surrounding area. Despite the sometimes dreary weather, we saw some incredible scenery and impressive wildlife. We have have updated the travel blog with all the details:

http://mud-on-the-tires.blogspot.com...2-18-june.html

Click image for larger version

Name:	Cantwell AK17-13 Jun 2018d.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	980.5 KB
ID:	278147
    View from Kesugi Ridge

Name:	Cantwell AK27-13 Jun 2018.jpg
Size:	982.8 KB
ID:	278148
    The camp sites were tight but we liked Cantwell RV Park

Name:	Cantwell AK69-15 Jun 2018.jpg
Size:	799.2 KB
ID:	278149
    This was a very entertaining brown bear we saw in the park from the safety of the tour bus

Name:	Cantwell AK56-15 Jun 2018.jpg
Size:	275.0 KB
ID:	278150

All kinds of wildlife in Denali

Shawn & Arleen
    Retired Air Force weather forecasters, Full-timers since May 2011
    2011 Arctic Fox 29V, 2010 Dodge Ram 2500

Travel log: http://mud-on-the-tires.blogspot.com/

We don't stop playing because we grow older, we grow older because we stop playing.

I really enjoyed this part of your trip! When we visited Denali (called Mt. McKinley then) we camped at a primitive campground near Toklat ranger Station--you could drive private vehicles on all the roads. I think you would learn more on a tour bus however. Our weather wasn't good and we didn't see the mountain. Your pictures were spectacular! Missed you at the rally--you weather guys would have freaked out at the 5 hours of thunder and lightening storm we had! Some pictures on the forum rally thread and a few links I posted there. It was quite an experience.
    Linda & Dave (retired US Army) and Magic, the Yellow Lab Duck Dog
    2002 Arctic Fox 25R, Yamaha 2400i, Les Schwab 105 6-volt batteries, Maxxis Tires, Torque Lift Steps
    2017 RAM 2500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4x4, CTD, 8' Bed, Granite Crystal, new 7/1/17
    2003 DODGE 3500 SLT Quad Cab 244K mi. SOLD 7/20/17

Comment

Originally posted by foxyrvlady View Post
      I really enjoyed this part of your trip! When we visited Denali (called Mt. McKinley then) we camped at a primitive campground near Toklat ranger Station--you could drive private vehicles on all the roads. I think you would learn more on a tour bus however. Our weather wasn't good and we didn't see the mountain. Your pictures were spectacular! Missed you at the rally--you weather guys would have freaked out at the 5 hours of thunder and lightening storm we had! Some pictures on the forum rally thread and a few links I posted there. It was quite an experience.
      Linda, our trip to Alaska has really been a trip down memory lane for you. We are at the fam camp on Fort Rich right now!

We saw the reports and pictures of the infamous thunderstorm night at the rally. You had to wonder what was up when we stayed away! We would have enjoyed it! That will be talked about for years!

Hugs, Arleen & Shawn
      Shawn & Arleen
      Retired Air Force weather forecasters, Full-timers since May 2011
      2011 Arctic Fox 29V, 2010 Dodge Ram 2500

Travel log: http://mud-on-the-tires.blogspot.com/

We don't stop playing because we grow older, we grow older because we stop playing.

Comment

Working...
      X