South Lake Tahoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• South Lake Tahoe

Just got back from dry camping for two weeks at Nevada Beach campground at South Lake Tahoe. What a great stay doesn’t get any better. One 170watt and one 45watt solar panel and 2 Costco 6v gc batteries worked great for the trip never going below 12.5v except during the 2 hours in the morning when we used the heater they dropped to 12.4 then right back up when the heater stopped, most of the time in the 13-14v range even with partial shade during the day. Outside shower worked great with extended shower hose.
    Attached Files
    2021 25R 2017 GMC 2500 6L Gas

Looks like a nice campground.
    Mark,
    Roseville, Ca

2009 AF 990 camper, 2.5 Onan, 200w solar,
    1500w inverter, Camco cat heater,
    2007 Chevy 3500 Classic LBZ, Aero Tank-62 gal.
    Bilstein 24 shocks, Torklift StableLoad.TorkLift Tie Downs.
    Hellwig Big Wig Sway Bar, Edge CTS-2 Evo.
    Tire-Safeguard TPMS
    Reese Class V hitch, Front hitch.
    ’06 GL1800, ‘75 Norton, ‘73 Honda CB500k, 99 KDX220, ‘01 Honda CT110

Comment

We have a group of 30-40 that have gone up to Nevada Beach in July for the last 35 years until this year. It is a very popular CG and couldn't get 1 site this year.
      2017 Chevy Duramax 3500 LTZ DRW + 50 gal Transfer flow Aux Tank + Trailer Saver BD-5
      2020 Arctic Fox 32-5m with all bells and whistles. Disc Brakes - Easy starts - RV airflow - 17.5 wheels - Sailun 637 H rated tires

Comment

Wood chip you guys are like so many others. We have been doing this for 6 years and I told the DW we were very luck this year and it probably won’t happen next year the way things are going. With the senior pass we were able to stay for two weeks for $18 a night which is almost for free at a cg like this. As you know 2 weeks is max in the Tahoe basin camping with Rec.gov, and I expect they might change that to one week like they do at Yosemite. People ask me how we got in and I tell them it’s harder to get in here than Fort Knox. It’s the backyard of Reno, Carson City and Sacramento in fact most of the people you meet there are locals and you here stories of people going to work early and using high speed computers to get reservations. In rural Oregon here we have wireless internet so by the time our book now hits the tower the sites are all gone. Good luck next year.
        2021 25R 2017 GMC 2500 6L Gas

Comment

We have heard there are lots of games played to get the sites including bots. My wife was mentioning this campground at work and the person responded saying " Oh do you this that guy that gets the sites for you for a fee ?" So, it does look like somebody has figured out something in order to load the deck. Plus to top it off, as my Rv's have gotten bigger through the years, there are only about 50% of the sites I can get into now.
          2017 Chevy Duramax 3500 LTZ DRW + 50 gal Transfer flow Aux Tank + Trailer Saver BD-5
          2020 Arctic Fox 32-5m with all bells and whistles. Disc Brakes - Easy starts - RV airflow - 17.5 wheels - Sailun 637 H rated tires

Comment

Working...
          X