Staying at South Beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Staying at South Beach

Staying a week at South Beach State Park just south of Newport. All good so far with weather. Park is pretty full and all seems to be back to normal compared to last year. The bathrooms are clean and have electronic soap and paper towel dispensers which is nice. The showers are open with plenty of hot water. All the park staff are all masked up and the office has large plastic shields so Kate would be proud, not so much with the park users. Kids play areas are all open with plenty of kids. No mosquitoes yet which is great for the DW. Love the new trailer and all has worked great so far. Enjoy your summer camping. Poor Verizon signal here so can’t upload pictures from pad.

Kind of surprised you have a weak Verizon signal at South Beach, we get their a lot and have always found our Verizon to work well there, much better than Beverly Beach.

if you have time, check out Nana’s Irish Pub near a Nye Beach.
    [B]Rolland & Judie, 1 [/B]Sheltie, Brinkley

[B]2013 GMC Yukon Denali,[/B] 6.2 liter, no mods

[B]2021[/B] 19

Comment

Seconding the Nana's recommendation.
      2016 GMC Sierra 2500HD Denali 4x4 Diesel
      2017 Arctic Fox 22G.

Comment

Rolland only 2 bars on my I phone and pad. I can use the phone no problem but the pad won’t download news mid day just spins will download early morning when sometimes I get 3 bars. Another problem I have is when trying to download pictures to the forum it says they are to large to download. Also another note about SB they are taking drive ups for one night and longer if available. I hated to see them turn away drive ups last year when there were plenty of open spots available. Hope you have reservations all set for this year because they said every weekend is pretty much booked and midweek is booking up fast. I think this is going to be the case in all campgrounds.

Comment

Werk, we are staying there for 3 days in June on a trip down the OR coast. I’ll be interested in any reports about must sees and walking/hiking in that area.
          Mark and Anita
          2020 25Y dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

Mark, Coopers Ridge in the park is a pretty nice hike. Also, on the east side of 101, just about across from the park is Mark Miller Educational Park. Both are easy hikes, we hadn’t checked out Mike Miller Educational Park until a few years ago having stayed at South Beach for over 20 years.

https://www.statesmanjournal.com/sto...il/4231789002/

Also some nice hikes to the beach and south jetty as well as Rogue Brewing.
            [B]Rolland & Judie, 1 [/B]Sheltie, Brinkley

[B]2013 GMC Yukon Denali,[/B] 6.2 liter, no mods

[B]2021[/B] 19

Comment

Yes, as Rolland mentioned Mike Miller’s walking trail is great, just a mile and half from SB. The Oregon Coast Aquarium is also a good place to visit if you haven’t been there in a while, you actually can walk there from the CG about 3 miles down the walking trail to the South Jetty and then down under the bridge. We drove down to Yachats yesterday which is a great little town with an awesome bakery and also a beautiful drive. We drove thru Beachside SP on the way. What a great little park with spots backed right up to the beach, the ranger said it is supper hard to get into he even said he tried on opening day at 6 in the morning with no luck. The hike to the South Jetty from the cg is nice. South Beach Fish Market about a mile from the park going into town has great halibut fish and chips and clam chowder to go, one of our must stops. Georgies in town is good for breakfast and dinner. The beach is a great easy hike from the park, not as nice as Nehalem SP but still real nice.

Comment

Thanks.
                Mark and Anita
                2020 25Y dutifully following a 2014 F-350 diesel SB

Comment

Have to do a third on Nana’s Irish Pub. We ate there last night and being a Brit just loved it. The only problem was there were to many things I wanted to order. Ended up having a shandy and the cottage pie which was to die for. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Working...
                  X